As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I finally played the game today, first time in a while, instead of hanging out in the seedy underworld of Moon Guard. The Thrall storyline was really... bland. It took me 15 minutes, with stopping to listen to the story / watch things (well okay, maybe 20), and then it ends abruptly. And then leaves other shit just kinda hanging in the air.

There's no chain leading to the Firelands daily stuff from what I saw, I had to manually initiate it (as in, knowing where to go; no guide from Hyjal summit or Stormwind). It was kind of a moment of anti-thesis to Cataclysm-style content construction. If only for a brief second.

... And now I'm watching a bunch of people "troll" Goldshire by running around trying to speak like they're from the ghetto, overusing the n-bomb.

Henroid on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There's a quest on the quest board in cities that leads to firelands dailies.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    forty wrote: »
    relic/wand is a good choice because you'll never replace it or get a comparable drop

but i have the 359 relic so the net gain is ~20 strength or so and just about as much secondary stats

i'm thinking of saving for the gloves next week, the set bonuses for DKs look pretty attractive (+6% damage from obliterate? yes, give me that.)
    The 4-piece is pretty good for Frost. It's going to be meh for Unholy if it only applies to the physical portion of Scourge Strike, which for now I'm assuming it does. If it procs off both the physical and shadow parts of Scourge Strike, then it will be all right for Unholy as well.

EJ thread for unholy confirms it procs off both.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    There's a quest on the quest board in cities that leads to firelands dailies.

That stupid quest board is such a cop-out piece of shit. I mean... it works, but damn it, it's boring for immersion. World-saving quests wouldn't be posted on a bulletin board. A town crier would be like, "HEY, WE'RE FUCKING DOOMED." Bulletin boards are for wanted postings.

Henroid on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    [I just spent 7k gold on a soul blade last night for my 84 warrior in preparation. I figure it'll be at least a month or two before I can make the one from the new dailies.

I hate you.

The lowest I have seen is 13000 gold. They usually sell(or are at least priced at) 20k gold.

p. much.

the cheapest of the new 378 boe axes on the AH is like 45k here. people will relist stuff for months at prices that don't sell rather than lower them, for whatever reason (i make this judgement based on seeing the same people selling the same items all of the time)

I wonder how many people think that my guild is just relisting the same items over and over, when the truth is just that we get a goddamn lot of epics from clearing trash.

Seriously, we made a new 10s guild this expansion and we're already sitting at like 240k in the bank with unlimited guild repairs in raids and all feasts/flasks provided. I love the people who have tons of gold to give us for our leavings.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shannon (as we call Shannox) down. That fight is sooooo much easier if you dont try to tank swap and you stay max distance between the dog and Shannon. Use the distance to reset your stack and burn down rage first.

Spider boss down too. That fight is still a bit tight. But we had 1 tank 1 great non aoe dps and a healer up top and the rest downstairs. P2 seemed to last forever and we almost hit the soft enrage on her. The last pulse at 3% that killed me killed almost everyone. 3 up on the kill. But she died.

We noticed that the bosses drop BoEs. And we only got one BoE from trash drops tonight. Last night we got 6 so whatever!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Are you a 10 man? Did you 3 heal or 2 heal Shannox?

We went to Beth first because we thought we'd only have 2 healers on tonight, but we ended up with 3 anyway, but still went to beth first. Didn't have the DPS to push her down to 0. Best attempt was 25%.

Edit - Just to clarify we 2 healed Beth still.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    10 man with 3 healers and 2 tanks. Beth you can get to p2 with 2 healers (we did too) but it becomes bad after that. We had a healer dc and so we 2 healed it with 9 and got to p2. We actually might have been able to do it with 2 healers and the extra dps band send that extra dps up top but with a little bit more tuning we should be able to get that one down every week easy.

We also 3 healed Shannon. That fight is so damn long you almost have to 3 heal it. Its easy just have to make sure people do not get in traps. Not once. And use whatever you can to reset your stacks with the doggie.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ugh, Just got done with the 3 hour wipe session on Beth'tilac.

Getting really tired of "oops, I fell." Even though everyone that went up top did it a couple times, even myself once, it is so frustrating because one tiny mistep kills the entire fucking raid.

And that one Trash Pack, with the like 6 or so Hell Hounds attacking the Spider drone. FUCK that shit all to hell, what the fuck is wrong with them putting that in the instance? We resorted to our death knight pulling all the dogs away, running all the way down the ramp and running in circles while we pull a dog out one by one to kill it, and it still almost kills us.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Ugh, Just got done with the 3 wipe session on Beth'tilac.

Getting really tired of "oops, I fell." Even though everyone that went up top did it a couple times, even myself once, it is so frustrating because one tiny mistep kills the entire fucking raid.

And that one Trash Pack, with the like 6 or so Hell Hounds attacking the Spider drone. FUCK that shit all to hell, what the fuck is wrong with them putting that in the instance? We resorted to our death knight pulling all the dogs away, running all the way down the ramp and running in circles while we pull a dog out one by one to kill it, and it still almost kills us.

What we do buddies is 2 heal the dog tank and dps the spider down as fast as humanly possible. Having no break dps helps out tons like a banish. They are stunable so chain stun as best you can then have the OT come in and AOE taunt and shieldwall or whatever and use his stuns if possible. Stun lock is your friend. Also AoE is not your friend. Mark an single target the dogs down seems to work better. Once the spider is down you can reliably CC them too so we CC and pull away on mobs that dont have dots on them which the other ones shouldnt.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is there any specific mobs that trigger Shannox spawning btw, or just pulling a billion trash packs? It took 45 min of chain pulling in 25 man tonight before he popped.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also, there's a fun extra gravity zone to the right when you zone in; a 1 yd drop causes 125k fall damage, fun times.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It seems random. But it seems tied to the salamander guys. He seems to spawn if we take out the first wandering packs and the first pack on the platform to the right down the road.

I also found one of those gravity zones tonight. It was by a rock in the field of trash. We had just spawned and so I had under 125 health and died... was fun i guess heh. i took 135k dmg.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think I tripped into a "fall one yard, instantly die" spot in Twilight Hinterlands today.

Henroid on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't forget to get your balloon pets! You get them from level 10 quests given by a kid in Org/SW. The Org one's near the gate between the tauren area and the Cata ports and I don't know where the SW kid is.

Also apparently they made it so guilds over level 3 can't be disbanded anymore. Interesting.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

They are elementals. Banish, Bind Elemental, Frost Trap, Entangling Roots.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I dislike the fact that living embers are not currently purchasable from any vendor, with VP or otherwise. Like, I get it, they're supposed to be rare. But it was nice in Wrath when you could buy them (at exorbitant prices at the beginning of a patch) from people who had alts and plenty of spare time. I know in a few weeks there will start to be a greater supply of them available for sale, and in a few months they'll be worth relatively little, but dammit right now I have more gold than common sense, and I want a new pair of boots.

Emporium on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    10 man with 3 healers and 2 tanks. Beth you can get to p2 with 2 healers (we did too) but it becomes bad after that. We had a healer dc and so we 2 healed it with 9 and got to p2. We actually might have been able to do it with 2 healers and the extra dps band send that extra dps up top but with a little bit more tuning we should be able to get that one down every week easy.

We also 3 healed Shannon. That fight is so damn long you almost have to 3 heal it. Its easy just have to make sure people do not get in traps. Not once. And use whatever you can to reset your stacks with the doggie.

Trap lag is the worst

Three times tonight the animation for him launching a trap at my feet played as the trap went off.

Once it actually played after I was trapped

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That giant is an amazing pain in the ass to steer.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jesus, it's a pain in the ass to recover an account once it's been hacked.

noobert on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    noobert wrote: »

In what way? My account was hacked sometime ago and I was surprised at how easy it was to recover. Just had to call billing, verify I was the owner, account got unlocked and everything had already been restored. Whole thing took less than a day.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    KafkaAU wrote: »

They are elementals. Banish, Bind Elemental, Frost Trap, Entangling Roots.

We only had a hunter (10 man).

But I just read on MMO-Champion that they took out some of those dogs, so it shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to pull.

Buddies on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Wooo 3 bosses down on first full raid night. Woooooooooo.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

In what way? My account was hacked sometime ago and I was surprised at how easy it was to recover. Just had to call billing, verify I was the owner, account got unlocked and everything had already been restored. Whole thing took less than a day.

Done that twice now. Everything looks okay on battle.net, but as soon as I attempt to log in, it flags my account as compromised for no reason.... They even re-re-restore my characters,

The machine is clean, email address is clean, etc.

*shrug*

noobert on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    10 man Shannon attempts last night... they would go wonderfully until the second dog went down and then an idiot DPS would walk into a crystal trap, or the Shannon tank would stand in a fire trap, or someone would DC. The absolute worst? On one attempt we wiped when he was at 35,000 health.

I mean, I feel good that my I got my job of playing with Riplimb down to science, but going to have to brainstorm with the raid leader and come up with ways to mitigate what the raid can do very very wrong.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    KwornKworn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Free to play up to level 20

Is this new??

Kworn on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm so tempted to play a level 1 mage. It's the only class I've [not] played extensively, and it's the class I played wayyyyyyy back in vanilla beta to a whopping level 32.

But A) I don't know if I can slog through 85 levels for like the 16th time and B) everyone, their dog, their mother, and their grandmother seems to have and use their mage. It's the paladin of not paladin classes.

Still....hmmm...

This musing is brought to you by the letters A, D, and my character restoration ticket on my druid has not resolved yet and it's been 24 hours rarrrrgh! <3

Straygatsby on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kworn wrote: »

Is this new??

No. The change to trials was that they do not expire. All other restrictions remain the same.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bikkstah wrote: »

Is this new??

No. The change to trials was that they do not expire. All other restrictions remain the same.

So free to play my arse:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13973145

Kworn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Done that twice now. Everything looks okay on battle.net, but as soon as I attempt to log in, it flags my account as compromised for no reason.... They even re-re-restore my characters,

The machine is clean, email address is clean, etc.

*shrug*

My authenticator died while I was on a break between December and last week. I disabled it to keep playing SC2 and didn't think anything of it. Came back to a cleared out account, had everything restored and good as new in about 5 minutes of being on the hook with Blizzard support. The dude even overnighted me a new authenticator (mine was one of the first ones ever from Blizzcon '08)/

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Is this new??

So free to play my arse:

Yeah exactly. Also I think trial characters can't whisper people either. Being on a trial account is miserable. I had friends try WoW who quit almost immediately because of all the restrictions in place on trials.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Is this new??

So free to play my arse:

Yeah exactly. Also I think trial characters can't whisper people either. Being on a trial account is miserable. I had friends try WoW who quit almost immediately because of all the restrictions in place on trials.

That article got me so excited, I thought WOW was going to the free to play model

TBH I think it will sooner or later

Kworn on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Decomposey wrote: »
    10 man Shannon attempts last night... they would go wonderfully until the second dog went down and then an idiot DPS would walk into a crystal trap, or the Shannon tank would stand in a fire trap, or someone would DC. The absolute worst? On one attempt we wiped when he was at 35,000 health.

I mean, I feel good that my I got my job of playing with Riplimb down to science, but going to have to brainstorm with the raid leader and come up with ways to mitigate what the raid can do very very wrong.

Well there's two schools of thought here.

One is to kill Rapeface or whatever when Shannox is above 35% and just deal with the enrage. Then kill Riplimb when he's below 35%.

The other is to dps both dogs down low and then focus on Shannox. Then kill both dogs at or below 35%. This works if your healers can keep up with the damage that Rapeface is doing to the raid.

The question really just comes down to healing. Which is easier for your group to heal? Enraged Shannox or Rapeface face raping?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I need a new Unit Frame mod.

I want to be able to use the default Raid Frames, but change my portrait, target, focus, target of target, and target of focus. The Default Target of Target, Target of Focus are fucking terrible. And I want shit to change to larger health bars, with Remaining health and health %.

Was using Xpearl, but don't want to use that anymore. Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Buddies on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I want to be able to use the default Raid Frames, but change my portrait, target, focus, target of target, and target of focus. The Default Target of Target, Target of Focus are fucking terrible. And I want shit to change to larger health bars, with Remaining health and health %.

Was using Xpearl, but don't want to use that anymore. Anyone have a suggestion for me?

I switched over to Shadowed Unit Frames back in WotLK when Xperl went through a period of not updating for several months. XPerl got fixed but I never switched back.

I use the default raid frames with SUF with no problem.

Nobody on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still like Pitbull 4, although people complain about it's configuration. The many many options can be disheartening at first, but nowadays I just copy the same profile to all my chars and call it a day.

Grobian on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I use default raid frames and Pitbull4 for the rest (mt, self, target, target of target, focus, etc). Pitbull can be a bit daunting to set up though, but when you get the hang of it (each frame can be assigned a customised profile, profiles can be used across mutiple frames.) it is very, very flexible and can be made to look pretty much however you like.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4358/wowscrnshot011211220702.jpg <- should give you an idea of what you can do. That's my ui so if theres anything you like the look of I can tell you what it is :)

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BTW, one of the little things they added in for the Molten Front dailies which I thought was neat.

Around the Altar of Malorne, you may have noticed 4 druids (one of each race) flying in formation around it. I tried clicking on them and found that they are actually the "starting" druid trainers for each race (Celestine of the Harvest for Worgen, Zen'taba for Trolls, etc). I found this somewhat amusing.

Nobody on
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nobody wrote: »

I switched over to Shadowed Unit Frames back in WotLK when Xperl went through a period of not updating for several months. XPerl got fixed but I never switched back.

Seconding.

Also, I'm to have to respectfully request that this Shannon business stops. It's my name, it's sort of freaking me out, man.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    IndieGirl wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

Seconding.

Also, I'm to have to respectfully request that this Shannon business stops. It's my name, it's sort of freaking me out, man.

That would be my bad. One of the healers made a funny picture over the top of Shannox of Shannon Elizabeth with the dogs being Fluffy the Destoryer and that Helmet wearing sleepwalking dog from youtube.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.