As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chip [chat]

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited July 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Well, have some bleepy chiptune stuff. And the Terminator video is seriously impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4mWyeVitNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qsWFFuYZYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIeXgNeB7kA

Echo on

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    The power was inside you all along, Echo!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2011
    Echo on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    also that Terminator video is pretty rad

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    HvPGd.jpg

Tav on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    RMS Oceanic on
    edited July 2011
    I need to watch T2 again soon. I love the director's cut.

Echo on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arg, now that I have beaten ME2, what am I going to fill my breaks with?

... Oooo, forgot the gf bought AC: Brotherhood. Excellent...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited July 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    HvPGd.jpg

Hats are clearly the most important thing.

RMS Oceanic on
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Echo wrote: »

Same here...it's been way too long

TomeWyrm on
    edited July 2011
    TomeWyrm wrote: »

I watched it a while back, and I noticed
    If you didn't know that Ahnold is the good guy this time around, the film itself does an excellent job of hiding who's on which side until he starts shooting the T-1000. That would be a successful plot twist if they decided not to market this fact so much.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited July 2011

If you didn't know that Ahnold is the good guy this time around, the film itself does an excellent job of hiding who's on which side until he starts shooting the T-1000. That would be a successful plot twist if they decided not to market this fact so much.

That really struck me the last time I watched it, too. Which makes me want to show it to someone who wasn't around in 1991 and has never heard of the t-1000, because I think it would be a magnificent mindfuck.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I always wondered how they marketed it, didn't see it until later but I also hadn't seen terminator first when I saw it so it didn't mean as much to me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited July 2011
    Started ripping my T2 DC DVD to disk. Think I'll watch it tonight.

Echo on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There are quite a few films like that, where marketing destroys a potential twist.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited July 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    There are quite a few films like that, where marketing destroys a potential twist.

Ugh, Dark City and the goddamn speech at the start. The director's cut got rid of that.

Echo on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I saw T2 when it came out and I was at least a little worried about Arnie being good or bad.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hats! Not only do I not care, I don't know about them since I don't play attention to patch notes.

It's hilarious when I get a rare drop and people start freaking out, trying to trade me (wait for it...) moar hats!

TL DR on
    edited July 2011
    Guys, assuming I have about 300 euro spare this summer, should I get 1) a trip to England to see one of my favourite bands (2) a 1080p monitor to replace the hideous 1280x1024 one I have or (3) ALOT of alcohol.

Tav on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, the end of Revenge of the Sith reveals one of the more significant plot twists in the original trilogy, just to really twist the knife with anybody who watches them 1-6 rather than 4-6,1-3.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Interesting that you went this route, even in Borkistan. If I had a DVD movie, it would be faster to download it if I wanted to have it on my hard drive. I think this would be true even if I had an optical drive installed in my PC right now.

TL DR on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Also, the end of Revenge of the Sith reveals one of the more significant plot twists in the original trilogy, just to really twist the knife with anybody who watches them 1-6 rather than 4-6,1-3.

I'd never thought of that, but that's actually huge.

George Lucas is such a moron.

Rich moron, maybe, but rich in spite of his brain, not because of it.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited July 2011

Interesting that you went this route, even in Borkistan. If I had a DVD movie, it would be faster to download it if I wanted to have it on my hard drive. I think this would be true even if I had an optical drive installed in my PC right now.

1h48m to rip it on my Macbook, Handbrake says. I could probably have it downloaded in about five minutes.

But I simply like to have a rip of my own physical copy of stuff.

Echo on
    edited July 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

That really struck me the last time I watched it, too. Which makes me want to show it to someone who wasn't around in 1991 and has never heard of the t-1000, because I think it would be a magnificent mindfuck.

Yeah, I'd be curious if you could find many people completely unexposed to the franchise, though...because I mean it's sort of become common knowledge of who's on whose side...sort of our pop culture lexicon. But yeah, it was pretty brilliantly done in T2, for those fortunate enough to see it in the early 90s at least.

TomeWyrm on
    edited July 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    I always wondered how they marketed it, didn't see it until later but I also hadn't seen terminator first when I saw it so it didn't mean as much to me.

To be fair, it wasn't just the marketing; the movie got a ton of buzz months before it came out for being at the time one of the most expensive movies ever and for having a computer-generated monster. Entertainment Tonight, Time magazine, Taco Bell drink cups, whatever; you pretty much couldn't not see the T-1000 all over the place and hear about how it was going to revolutionize movies.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2011
    They did T-1000 on freakin' Amigas.

Echo on
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011

And apparently Billy Idol was the original choice for the role. That could have been interesting.

TomeWyrm on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    I remember the anticipation for the special effects on T2 was just [/i]immense[/i]. "And then this robot dude becomes a floor and stuff! It's amazing!". Ah, a happier and more innocent time.

It also gave rise to one of my favourite Bill Hicks routines, about how he was watching the movie and thought that there's just no way they could ever improve on the action and special effects.

EDIT: Dammit, Tav.

Bogart on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

And apparently Billy Idol was the original choice for the role. That could have been interesting.

Better yet, imagine Billy Idol trying to chase down OJ Simpson.

Robos A Go Go on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Guys, assuming I have about 300 euro spare this summer, should I get 1) a trip to England to see one of my favourite bands (2) a 1080p monitor to replace the hideous 1280x1024 one I have or (3) ALOT of alcohol.

Go for the monitor then watch high res videos of other people doing fun things

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited July 2011

Wait was Simpson in the running for Terminator???

TomeWyrm on
    edited July 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »

Go for the monitor then watch high res videos of other people doing fun things

Yeah, agreed.

Though if I thought your favorite band was likely to be better, I'd vote for (1) ;)

TL DR on
    edited July 2011
    Ok guys, my coworker is sleeping at his desk. I have admin rights to his PC. What should I do remotely that won't mess up his open work (no rebooting) but will be hilarious?

TL DR on
    edited July 2011
    Ok guys, my coworker is sleeping at his desk. I have admin rights to his PC. What should I do remotely that won't mess up his open work (no rebooting) but will be hilarious?

Sounds like he needs a new desktop wallpaper!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Wait was Simpson in the running for Terminator???

Yeah.
    The role of the Terminator was originally going to be portrayed by O. J. Simpson. But, according to (James) Cameron in 1984, "people wouldn't have believed a nice guy like O. J. playing the part of a ruthless killer."

Robos A Go Go on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    The role of the Terminator was originally going to be portrayed by O. J. Simpson. But, according to (James) Cameron in 1984, "people wouldn't have believed a nice guy like O. J. playing the part of a ruthless killer."

Heck, the first Terminator could have had Lance Henriksen as the terminator and Arnold as Kyle Reese.

Originally they wanted an everyday average man as the terminator. Blending in and all that.

Echo on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ALSO I SIGNED THE LEASE ON AN APARTMENT WITHIN A MILE OF CAMPUS

Fuck

Yes

Tim Leary! I will probably head your way the weekend of July 23rd!

(I hope)

Arch on
    edited July 2011

Wow

TomeWyrm on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Make his wallpaper a snapshot of his desktop.

Dr Mario Kart on
This discussion has been closed.