As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GAMEWORKS in Seattle! Groupon deal available through the end of Friday, July 1.

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
804f45dbade9e566a2ad6e7c7605c26e34b7c3a0_l.jpg

So those of you who have been to PAX Prime in the past (well, at least since it moved out of the Meydenbauer Center) are most likely aware of a fairly decent arcade/bar/grill just kitty-corner from the convention center called Gameworks.

2808223024_11d47e2252_o.jpgSeattle_GameWorks_and_World_Sports_Grille.jpg

They've got a variety of big ol' arcade machines. Y'know, the kind of big games you can't really play on a home console, because you gotta sit down in a car thing, stand on a skate thing, or hold a big dang plastic gun. You get one of those little plastic cards with a dollar amount or time value loaded into them and play games until your money or time runs out by swiping the cards through a reader on the machine.

You can shoot dinosaurs!
primeval-hunt-deluxe.jpg

Extinguish fires!
brave-firefighters.jpg

Beat on giant drums!
arcade-taiko-drum-game.jpg

They even have a selection of classic arcade games as well.

Anyway, it's a fairly popular place to meet up with friends or grab a bite if you want to spend some time outside of PAX itself.

Some general info:
Hours Of Operation
Monday - Thursday 11:00 am - Midnight
Friday 11:00 am - 1:00 am
Saturday 10:00 am - 1:00 am
Sunday 10:00 am - Midnight
Admission Policy
Admission is free!!
18 and over after 10:00 pm.
Dress Code
In order to provide our valued guests an enjoyable experience, GameWorks requests that our Guests adhere to the following dress code guidelines:
The following clothing and accessories are not allowed at GameWorks:
Excessively baggy clothing
Torn or soiled clothing
Clothing or tattoos with profanity or objectionable art
Chains of any kind
Loitering is not permitted on these premises.

GameWorks reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. GameWorks also reserves the right to modify these entrance policies for any reason, including or due to local or seasonal conditions or special events.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Here's the Groupon deal!

groupon-logo.png

And Groupon has a deal going right now (Until 11:59pm PST of Friday, July 1) where you can buy an all-day pass to Gameworks for 20 clams instead of the usual 45 it costs. Once you buy the deal, you have it available until September 30, so it won't expire before PAX.

If you do not already have a Groupon account and want to buy this deal, I would be appreciative if you clicked my little referral link thingy right here so I could get some points, if you feel like it. This referral link is optional and not required to get the deal.

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• Options
    blaqueiceblaqueice Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    <3 Groupon.
    Thanks for the tip and all the info.

blaqueice on
  • Options
    rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the groupon.. And I'll probably get in on that all night pass on Thursday 7pm-10pm for $10 to get pumped for PAX too :)

rkenshin on
  • Options
    Cuddly AardvarkCuddly Aardvark Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This will be my first time going to Gameworks. I do have a question about it though. You mentioned that you have those credit cards thingys that you put money on to play the games. So you have to pay an admission, and then pay per game as well? I've been to a few arcades, one being it's free and you pay for games and the other were you pay upfront and the games are free. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. If it's as awesome as it seems I won't mind paying both, I'm just curious. Oh one more question, If I have a person who doesn't want to play games but wants to hang out they still would have to pay admission, right?

Thanks.

Cuddly Aardvark on
  • Options
    rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There's no admission to get in, you can wander around all you want to check the place out before dropping cash to play.

rkenshin on
  • Options
    Cuddly AardvarkCuddly Aardvark Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow, I feel pretty dumb. I guess I must've misread that Groupon thing. Thanks for the quick answer.

Cuddly Aardvark on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Be aware their bartenders tend to be assholes. Had one guy try to keep a 20 after buying two $4 shots because he thought the dollar a drink tips I had been giving him weren't enough.

Shade on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Keep in mind that Gameworks has frequently been rented out for private parties during PAX. You might want to give them a call before buying a groupon and finding out you can't use it when you'd like.

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    Keep in mind that Gameworks has frequently been rented out for private parties during PAX. You might want to give them a call before buying a groupon and finding out you can't use it when you'd like.

Huh, I've never run into that. Just good timing on my part, I suppose.

Also, the deal runs out at the end of the day, so everyone is aware.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB