As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] is now FREE!! You have no excuse not to play. Meet the Medic in OP!!

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Playing with the Razorback is a lot like playing with the new rifle. It's sort of a little minigame to play with yourself and make you feel like a big man for not terribly crippling yourself. For people with the BB it's how many heads they can get, for people with the Razorback it's how well you can do without a secondary slot.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The new rifle is hilarious to play with

It's not great

But it's hilarious

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    if you have a detonator, you can give yourself the achievement. Just did it while waiting on a friend to come help do it.

Step 1: load up 2fort
    Step 2: get in water pit
    Step 3: point detonator at wall
    Step 4: fire

Edit: joystiq has an article about a mod that insta-bans f2p users who havent gotten past the paywall yet. I don't think people get that it is useful, not to keep noobs out segregation style (the maker said you could plain just ban anyone who hasn't bought the game if you wanted to make the mod), but to keep potential cheaters out easier.less likely to have a cheater who has dished out cash for the game.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I have the Prairie Heel Biters if anyone's looking for a full western get-up for their Engineer.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I have the Prairie Heel Biters if anyone's looking for a full western get-up for their Engineer.

Hmmm...would go well with my ten gallon.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    edited July 2011
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Hmmm...would go well with my ten gallon.

Add me and we'll talk!

AuburnTiger on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Edit: joystiq has an article about a mod that insta-bans f2p users who havent gotten past the paywall yet. I don't think people get that it is useful, not to keep noobs out segregation style (the maker said you could plain just ban anyone who hasn't bought the game if you wanted to make the mod), but to keep potential cheaters out easier.less likely to have a cheater who has dished out cash for the game.
    I don't play nearly that often, but did F2P cause a spike of cheating or anything?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    nooot that i've seen

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Al Baron wrote: »
    I don't play nearly that often, but did F2P cause a spike of cheating or anything?

Speaking purely anecdotally, for every one server admin or player who I've seen posting on forums, whether they be on the Steam forums or other community sites saying that they will run or only want to play on servers running F2P insta-kick/ban mods due to the vague, nebulous threat of a potential rise in cheaters (which is fine since server admins can run their servers however they like, to an extent), I've seen several more who want to play on/run servers with those mods simply to not have to "deal" with newbies; "freeloaders" is a term thrown around a lot as well. The latter are usually accompanied by a hyperbolic "HOW DUZ SENTREE WORKZ LOLZ" example of a newbie, which does their case few favors.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, being on a team with terrible people is absolutely rage inducing.

SniperGuy on
    edited July 2011
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I will play with you; I'm mediocre, so that's a big upgrade.

AuburnTiger on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    woop I am awesome.

So what it looks like happened is that the replay bot doesn't show up on the server listings anymore as taking up a slot on the server. It still totally does, though. So the whole 24/25 thing was the server was actually full, but the server browser was trained to ignore the bot, so it thought there was a slot open.

You try to connect, and the server's like, "wait, what? lol, no, we're full bitch." And punts you. Changed the server's sv_visiblemaxplayers to 24, and now it seems to be working okay.
    Still shows 24/25 for me.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    edited July 2011
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I will play with you; I'm mediocre, so that's a big upgrade.

Taking a break for now. It wouldn't be so bad if the teams would mix up, but no one ever wants to type !shuffle but me. Presumably because the crazy awesome spy is enjoying himself in the land of noobs and the noobs are too nooby to know what's going on.

SniperGuy on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I might have to restart the server to get it to stick.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited July 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »

I might have to restart the server to get it to stick.

The biggest problem was this was the fact that you couldn't auto-join when a spot was available do to getting owned by the server browser. :)

AuburnTiger on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anything up with the servers? I can't even boot up the game right now.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    HonC had been full for the last several hours.

Let me iiiiiiiiiiiiin

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ok, so how do I deal with demo charge melee attacks?

They literally kill me before the model of the player is anywhere close enough to actually hit me in melee, so I have no idea how or when to dodge.

Edit: Like, on my end it's the same range as a flamethrower or something. It's that far away sometimes.

mrflippy on
  • LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    rocket jump away or get a crit

Lokiamis on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Guess when they're going to charge and strafe. Or, stand near walls and make em run into those.

Xagar on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It just seems like by the time I react, I'm already dead. I'll strafe to the side, but then suddenly they've teleported to me and I'm dead.

mrflippy on
    edited July 2011
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Ok, so how do I deal with demo charge melee attacks?

They literally kill me before the model of the player is anywhere close enough to actually hit me in melee, so I have no idea how or when to dodge.

Edit: Like, on my end it's the same range as a flamethrower or something. It's that far away sometimes.

As a soldier? A Direct Hit to the face usually kills them or launches them backwards.

As other classes? Um . . .

AuburnTiger on
    edited July 2011
    do you have a high ping or something? demoknights can get some annoying "freebies" on you but you should be able to at least shoot them like once or twice while they are careening into you

also

i own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-x6ah9JaL4

undeinPirat on
  • RSPRSP Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    [PHP][/PHP]
    It just seems like by the time I react, I'm already dead. I'll strafe to the side, but then suddenly they've teleported to me and I'm dead.

Scout: double jump sideways and/or to a higher place like a crate or ledge. (Note that a lot of very thin props on certain maps work as ledges, like control point signs)

Soldier: rocket at feet to stop them, shotgun to kill them

Pyro: airblast

Demoman: if you have stickies in their path, det them as they run over to kill their speed and damage them. Otherwise try to direct grenade them. If you haven't positioned yourself so that threats can be discouraged/dispatched with stickies from a safe distance, you're a free kill for scout and pyros in the first place. Be watchful.

Heavy: +attack

Engineer: if your sentry isn't killing them you're doing it wrong, also shotgun does up to 90 damage (non-crit) so you can just shoot them down as they charge.

Medic: ideally your heal target will handle it, but the syringe gun does put serious hurt on people who move straight towards you. If you back away while spamming it forward, listen for the dingdingding sound and lock your aim there, you might actually kill him.

Sniper: jarate + bushwacka, or if you're a boss, zoom and click on head.

Spy: you're already dead.

RSP on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    It's pretty similar to a spy. A demo is going to punish you for being unaware. If you see the demo, you can put obstacles and distance between the two of you. Don't wait for the charge: get the fuck out of there.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited July 2011
    I can't really spend money at the moment, so if someone wants the two summer crates and 1 regular crate I have I'd be willing to trade for stuff.

edit: Summer crates now gone. Regular crate still available though.

SniperGuy on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Endaro wrote: »
    I'm also looking for Name Tags and Description Tags in an effort to make my spy L.A. Noire themed.

Feel free to make any donations.

What are you going to name/descript them?

All I know for sure is that I'm going to rename the knife to "Sword of Justice" and the description will be "Falls swiftly".

I think I'm going to call my Detective Noir the "Young Phelps"

And The Enforcer will probably become "The Leary"

And I'd really like to give something the description "OVER THE MOON, BOYS"

This is an idea I can get behind. I have one of each and I'll never use them, offer up a trade next time we're both on.

Endaro on
    edited July 2011
    So I've got the new Demoman's Tam O'Shanter and the Engineer's Prairie Heel Biters for trade if anyone wants them.

AuburnTiger on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If anyone gets that spy coat.

I would like to do some business.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Endaro wrote: »
    I'm also looking for Name Tags and Description Tags in an effort to make my spy L.A. Noire themed.

Feel free to make any donations.

What are you going to name/descript them?

All I know for sure is that I'm going to rename the knife to "Sword of Justice" and the description will be "Falls swiftly".

I think I'm going to call my Detective Noir the "Young Phelps"

And The Enforcer will probably become "The Leary"

And I'd really like to give something the description "OVER THE MOON, BOYS"

If you would rather have tags than metal, I'll part with up to two of each.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011

What are ye looking for?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

What are ye looking for?

One of these babies, backpack here to see if there's anything you want in return.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't get crates. They're $2.49 for the keys, are odds are you're going to get $0.49 item out. I figured they'd at least go to the trouble of giving you equal value out. No more keys for me (except for maybe the summer ones...)

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vicktor wrote: »
    I don't get crates. They're $2.49 for the keys, are odds are you're going to get $0.49 item out. I figured they'd at least go to the trouble of giving you equal value out. No more keys for me (except for maybe the summer ones...)

First rule of gambling: the house always makes money.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I thought the first rule of gambling was never gamble because it's dumb and so are you.

HonC is completely unjoinable with this bug, unless you want to sit there and manually monitor the player count for potentially 20 minutes or more. Too bad there isn't another private server we could use.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited July 2011
    i just join a nice pubbie server and occasionally refresh

has worked for me!

undeinPirat on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    What have people been naming their items?

Medigun: "Together we are invincible"
    Minigun: Bullet-based anti-baby device
    Kritzkrieg: "Timing is critical"
    Soldier's whip: "Let's get cracking"

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Backburner: "Bestburner"

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Medigun: "Equalizer blocks healing!"

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Steel Fists: "Moose and Squirrel"

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg