As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Magicka] Murder yourself with magic.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    good times, end of chapter four:
    LtWGu.jpg

(bosses don't instantly die when they get sucked into a hole, but they can get stuck, as did one did. I had to keep healing him, though, because he kept trying to cast AoE spells and hitting himself.)

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ronya wrote: »
    good times, end of chapter four:
    LtWGu.jpg

(bosses don't instantly die when they get sucked into a hole, but they can get stuck, as did one did. I had to keep healing him, though, because he kept trying to cast AoE spells and hitting himself.)

Intresting way to get the hawking hole chev. I did it in the arena like a crazy man.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Probably picking up this here game on D2D today, as word is it'll be 50% off.
    It looks awesome.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited April 2011
    Well just 100%'d this last night they realy do need more content.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Well there is new dlc that arived rather stealthily compaired to the din of the Vietnam dlc. From what I can tell though magicka marshland is nothing more than a new arena specializing in zombies. If some one here has it and can say if they added something a bit more intresting like the rescue mission I'd like to know.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I doubt either are very substantial since they let us vote on which to give out for free.

Xeddicus on
  • EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They have a pretty high opinion of the value of their DLC.

EggPuppet on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have to ask, did they fix some of the major bugs in this game yet? I don't want to buy a buggy game. (Even though I bought section 8, BUT STILL)

Viscountalpha on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Whoa! Something happened that made everything buttery smooth and bug free. New particle effects? And the beam steam electric murder has been balanced. Almost like a new game!

rRootagea on
    edited May 2011
    Out of curiosity anyone know where the knife of counter striking is. I've stumbled on it a few times in arena play but realy would like that for the campaign too.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You should check the wikia for that info. I believe you can find the knife right after the frozen lake battle; Look out for it on the left hand side after you pass that area.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So...has the performance been fixed? Framerates were crappy 3 weeks ago when I last played (in fullscreen).

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I never really used the weapons in single player, I always dropped some magicka on my weapon and rolled from there.

RoyceSraphim on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's the passive effects on weapons you want. There's no reason to ever hit someone with a weapon unless it has a very nice effect.

the knife of countering has passive haste on it. Making it one of the best weapons in the game since it's always useful to be hasted.

The passive haste stacks with casted hast for double speed, and ignores time warps movement speed reduction.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited May 2011
    It's the passive effects on weapons you want. There's no reason to ever hit someone with a weapon unless it has a very nice effect.

the knife of counter strikeing has passive haste on it. Making it one of the best weapons in the game since it's always useful to be hasted.

The passive haste stacks with casted hast for double speed, and ignores time warps movement speed reduction.

Fixed that for you cause you always run faster with the knife.

Some weapons are actualy preaty good. The holy divider while slow ignores armor and always does 1337 damage, literaly. The arcane saber besides being yet another starwars reference is increadibly fast and does realy good damage can be a life saver. The master sword, Gungnir and Mcleouds sword are also preaty good early game weapons. Tyrfings teleport ability when used right can be realy powerful especialy followed up with an ice shotgun blast.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    New stuff! Happening June 21

kill your friends, on purpose this time

rRootagea on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    On Sale Now! On Steam for $3.39 for today only and all DLC seems to be on sale as well.

Are people still playing this game? What's the best way for new folk to find people to play with? Is there a PA group?

Endaro on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There is, but I'm quite certain it's dead. Aside from a little messing around in versus with a fellower PA'er for the ticket, I have not played this at all since buying it a few months ago. If you want to play, message me on Steam and I'll most likely be down.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why the dead community? Low replay value or just an underwhelming game?

Endaro on
    edited July 2011
    Low replay basically. It's fun to blow each other up for a bit, but once you finish single and get tired of blowing each other up it just falls to the side. Easily worth the sale price, though, while it lasts.

Xeddicus on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Mostly low replay value.

I absolutely loved the game for my first playtrough, but once it's done it's mostly fun with 4 people on voice coms goosing around. Preferably drunk.

Frozenzen on
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Endaro wrote: »
    On Sale Now! On Steam for $3.39 for today only and all DLC seems to be on sale as well.

Are people still playing this game? What's the best way for new folk to find people to play with? Is there a PA group?

We really should create a single PA co-op group. It seems every time a game comes out, a new group is created and people use the chat for a couple weeks and then the channel is dead.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    How do you actually get into an online game? Trying to get that ticket but having a hard time getting connected to friends. There doesn't seem to be many lobbies up either.

Leevity on
    XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
    edited July 2011
    Just create a VS game, shift+tab to bring up the overlay, right click a friend, and invite to game. Then both of you kill chests until you get rain and spam it.

Xeddicus on
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just got this today and been enjoying it. Is the vietnam dlc worth buying?

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • mogdemonmogdemon Kansas, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rakai wrote: »
    Endaro wrote: »

We really should create a single PA co-op group. It seems every time a game comes out, a new group is created and people use the chat for a couple weeks and then the channel is dead.

The only PA Steam group that has stayed active for any length of time, as far as I know, is Armadeaddon. Officially it's the Left 4 Dead group, but not strictly so. We've started up games in chat for Portal 2, BF:BC2, Black Ops, RE5, DEFCON, TF2, and yep Magicka.

mogdemon on
    apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    just got a 3ds! 3454-0598-2000
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    While there is the low replay value, arena is always fun to dick around in. Especially with the new handgun.

Hopefully the modding scene comes up with some new maps.

RoyceSraphim on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    This game is a ton of fucking fun, and, if you can strangle the matchmaking into working, even more fun in a group.

Very satisfied with my kind of knee-jerk decision to buy it. I just wish Paradox wouldn't only make semi-buggy games with poor netplay (which are otherwise mind-blowingly awesome)

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • tomzilla10tomzilla10 Registered User new member
    when i'm in the goblin shaman area for some reason i cant see. its all white instead of just foggy. if you know how to fix this please tell me.

Batmantis wrote:
    Just got this today and been enjoying it. Is the vietnam dlc worth buying?

I would say that the vietnam DLC is the best DLC this game has. It's also the closest thing to an actual magicka level outside of the actual campaign.

sig5ez4.jpg
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    75% off this game and all DLC.

I'm going to look around in thread, but I seem to be stuck on The Machine, if anyone has some tips.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    There's some new DLC in the vein of the Vietnam one with more stuff to do. I haven't bought it yet so I can't vouch for whether it's any good or not, but it's worth a shot.

JtgVX0H.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Steam tag is Cantido, I just finished the Airship and got butchered by The Knights Who Say Nii.

I need battle brothers and battle sisters!

And I have one copy to give away!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    So there is a Steam Winter Sale achievement, for which you get a free coupon / game for achieving. Anyone want to team up with me to attempt it? It consists of shattering some ice monsters I believe.

steam_sig.png
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Once upon a time, I heard that this game would eventually be released on XBLA. Has that dream vanished?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    I couldn't imagine trying to cast the spells in this using a controller. I'd go with probably not.

steam_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I couldn't imagine trying to cast the spells in this using a controller. I'd go with probably not.

Magicka supports a 360 controller. It works. It's slower than the keyboard, but it works.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    So there is a Steam Winter Sale achievement, for which you get a free coupon / game for achieving. Anyone want to team up with me to attempt it? It consists of shattering some ice monsters I believe.
    It is really easy to do solo. After the tutorial, you are in a room full of mages at a party. You can kill most of them.

Load up some Water element, then Shift-Right Click to AoE burst it.
    Follow that up with Ice element, Shift-Right Click to AoE burst it. This will freeze them.
    Immediately after that, go with Water-Ice-Water-Ice-Water or some variation (basically load up Water and Ice in the same spell) and Shift-Right Click to AoE burst it.

Basically, spray them with water, freeze them with ice, then finish them off with ice crystals. After killing some folks quickly in that room, ESC > Quit game, then reload your game. You will start in that room again, with a full set of mages to kill. It takes about 7 or 8 reloads, which takes around 7 minutes total.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    Ok, so I picked this up during the steam winter sale, and it's really fun. But really frustrating. I'm in Chapter 3 and can't get past the multi-wave fight at the end. I'm getting rather peeved about the whole thing. Any tips? I keep getting swamped and am failing at crowd control.

I like to drop Fire, Lightning, Shield, Arcane... this creates a wave of super deadly mines.

If you are Wet / its Raining, replace the Lightning with Earth I think.

steam_sig.png