As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLB 2011: Jack McKeon escapes hospice, is immediately hired by Marlins

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I love me some Asdrubal. He deserves to start IMO.

Jasconius on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Some of them were close enough that it didn't really matter. They were probably the closest. I went with ja-honny because he has better rate stats and defense but just has less PA for whatever reason.

Schide on
    edited July 2011
    Wow. They completely snubbed Andrew McCutchen. He's not even on the final ballot. Despite leading all NL OF in fWAR and being second in bWAR.

Fuck this shit.

Schide on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, what?

I'm not surprised at all that Castro's the Cubs' lone selection, but I would have liked to see Sean Marshall sneak in.

DJ Eebs on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why is Chipper Jones on there

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cuddyer! He deserves it

I knew Baker was a longshot, but maybe he'll be a replacement or something

Hjorvarthr on
    edited July 2011
    Because Cal Ripken Jr.

Now watch Chipper get a BP fastball to groove in the game as well.

And I mean you watch it, because I sure as hell am not. Unless Cutch gets in as an injury replacement or something.

Schide on
    edited July 2011
    I'm really really glad that McCann got the start at catcher over Molina. And I don't care how good of a season he's had, fuck Lance Berkman.

DJ Eebs on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    dats bullshit

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited July 2011
    well at least CC Sabbathia and Texeira got snubbed too so even the Yankees fans will have something to bitch about.

DJ Eebs on
    edited July 2011
    Well they voted Jeter in so it pretty much evens out.

Schide on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Robertson is the bigger all star snub than Tex, as big as CC.

Goose! on
    edited July 2011
    I actually kind of agree with that.

What's wrong with me??!?!

Schide on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh FFS Detroit

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yay, with that list of pitchers for the AL, it looks like Weaver is a lock to start now. And Howie Kendrick made it, which is nice as well. Dude has been amazing so far this year.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Seriously Detroit cannot win a game unless Verlander is on the mound.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I love Polanco but he really didn't deserve the nod at third. I think Stutes or Bastardo deserved a shot at a relief pitcher's spot but that just wasn't going to happen.

Peen on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Everyone should be forced to learn advanced baseball statistics

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ramiro Pena should be forced to do infield drills until the end of time. Bobbles more balls than a hooker with Parkinson's disease.

Goose! on
    edited July 2011
    I've got a bad feeling that Starlin Castro is going to pull a Dan Uggla this year

DJ Eebs on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Matt Wieters is an All Star! Woooo! Adam Jones is up for final vote!

Vote Adam, save the world.

FortyTwo on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Biggest snubs?!

AL - Konerko

NL - McCutchen

FortyTwo on
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    man wouldn't it be great if the Rays beat the fuck out of the yankees and went into the allstar break in first place

yes it would be great

that is the answer to that riddle

Jasconius on
    edited July 2011
    I've never seen a batters box so thoroughly erased as in that homerun clip.

Usually there is at least blurry chalk!

Jasconius on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I still can't wrap my head around the 3 ball walk last night.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Holy shit McCutchen isn't an all-star?

What.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited July 2011
    It really is an outrage. I mean I know lol Pittsburgh but still.

Peen on
    edited July 2011
    Guess who now is mostly going to be now though? Kevin Correia!

Because Cole Hamels is not going to pitch because he's pitching sunday, and he was a players' ballot selection, and will be replaced by the pitcher next in line on that ballot, Correia. Who, incidentally, was ahead of Lincecum on the players' ballot.

...maybe we shouldn't let the players vote on this either.

Schide on
    edited July 2011
    James Shields is not going to be pitching either, which is a shame. Because he is a work of art this year.

I was surprised at David Price's selection, everyone was, including the media arm of the team who thought it would just be Shields going by himself.. Happy for him though. He's been more up and down this year... but when he is up, he is beastly.

And Matt Joyce as a player pick... I guess! Matt is a fun player to watch and he does have power... but I don't think Maddon will ever let him become an every day player and work himself out of slumps. He just gets benched and stays there until the replacement starts to suck (luckily for him that doesn't take long)

Jasconius on
    edited July 2011
    Why I do believe I picked all three of them to go.

Apparently I'm a player.

Schide on
    edited July 2011
    Wait I don't pay attention to the AL but Shields didn't make it in? Seriously? I knew there was a reason that I don't pay attention to this stupid game.

Peen on
    edited July 2011
    No, Shields was selected. I think he's just not going to be in the game because he's scheduled to pitch next sunday, and any starter who is pitching the sunday before the game automatically doesn't get in now.

Schide on
    edited July 2011
    Ohh. That's ok then.

Peen on
    edited July 2011
    Kill Derek Jeter after he hits his 3,000th hit so other shortstops get into the all-star game

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited July 2011
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I've never seen a batters box so thoroughly erased as in that homerun clip.

Usually there is at least blurry chalk!

It had rained, therefore they had put new turf down but did not re-draw the lines at all.

FortyTwo on
    edited July 2011
    Jasconius wrote: »
    man wouldn't it be great if the Rays beat the fuck out of the yankees and went into the allstar break in first place

yes it would be great

that is the answer to that riddle

I swear to God, how lucky did the Rays get with Manny? I mean that was the worst move of the offseason, getting both Damon and Manny, and then to have it completely fix itself due to Manny's idiocy. Also suddenly Casey Kotchman remembering why he was a highly rated prospect.

FortyTwo on
    edited July 2011
    Kill Derek Jeter after he hits his 3,000th hit so other shortstops get into the all-star game

I really want to be angered by that, but then again I (as an Orioles fan) understand the desire to have legends at the All star Game. In all honesty Ripken's last three All Star games he probably didn't really deserve.

He gets his last one as a bye because he announced his retirement and it was definitely a victory-lap situation.

FortyTwo on
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ouch

Home plate umpire took a broken bat to the knee

looks to be okay though

Hjorvarthr on
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i don't think i've ever (sports-)hated a boston athlete more than i hate john lackey

just give him tj surgery already

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.