As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hesher] Armageddon Death Squad

1565758596062»

• MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    McKid wrote: »
    It's Canada Day ! As a proud Quebecois, I'd like to post this !

Wasn't Quebec day last week? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpmjvV1dGH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdObTdR3F8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCXTxaMTeM
    Adrenaline wrote: »
    Yay! I'd like to post this
    Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+Carolina+Hurricanes+CeykU0D0iYTl.jpg
    Wait, not that.

Bonus I Love You Canada:

Mgcw on
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

autothrall wrote: »
    No Exciter?

I almost posted Propagandhi but then I figured you'd be like what no Voivod, I can't win here man

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not exactly metal but still awesome and Canadian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7W0Nm8iHwk

On something unrelated, listened to a track from The Great Mass by Septicflesh. I think I need this album.

Rotam on
  • autothrallautothrall Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So Saxon is touring the States...

5 fucking dates in California (half the tour), not one in Mass or even a neighboring state. The closest will be NY or the Maryland Death Fest. Not gonna happen. :?

autothrall on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Briton Rites is so fucking bad.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited July 2011
    I didn't enjoy that album nearly as much as a few of the pro-USPM/doom crowd touted.

In other news, the new Exhumed does have some fun tracks on it which are better than the sample I linked earlier. Total Carcass worship (Necroticism) as predicted, but the solos are quite tight and a lot of fun, velocity riffs.

I'll review it tomorrow.

autothrall on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I didn't enjoy that album nearly as much as a few of the pro-USPM/doom crowd touted.

I just don't get what they were trying to do with that album. Was it supposed to be atmospheric? It failed there. Was it supposed to envoke the feeling of traditional doom? Not really.

With Swanson warbling away and Bentley and his 'meh' riffs, the entire thing was a snorefest.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Mgcw wrote: »
    McKid wrote: »
    It's Canada Day ! As a proud Quebecois, I'd like to post this !

Wasn't Quebec day last week? ;)

Yes, and I wore my Forteresse tee on the Plains of Abraham that day. They aren't exactly subtle about what they think of Québec and sovereignty.

McKid on
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Agalloch's <Marrow of the Spirit>Is fucking amazing, and it makes me sad that I did not listen to this masterpiece earlier. I will now flog myself for the flog God.

Noizlanif on
  • hanskeyhanskey Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm really glad that Morgenstern and auto admit to distaste of Briton Rites. It really sucks, as in terrible. Not being fluent in Doom I couldn't tell if I was bored, because it sucked or because I just don't really quite get Doom yet. Thankfully it appears that the former was the case.

In fact, most of that shit I posted was shit, and so now I look like a fucking idiot -> *thanks online Doom communities*. Unfortunately, I posted much of that on the strength of suggestion without taking my own opinion into account, because I'm not an expert, and unfortunately that has bit me on the ass at this point, because apparently the Doomster buzz is fucking dumb and has shitty taste.

The thing I found least likeable was how badly the vocal phrasing meshed with the underlying music in each of those bands I posted except Hour Of 13. Each and every one of Swanson's bands, except Ho13, sounds meek and timid - lacking conviction, and are terribly awkward in how the vox and music interact.

Hour Of 13 -> definitely Swanson's only good project, but it's not his anymore ... Anyways ...
    Rotam wrote: »
    On something unrelated, listened to a track from The Great Mass by Septicflesh. I think I need this album.

Yes you do!!!

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    If there was anything wrong with them it's that I want more like it. However,Epicus Doomicus, and robioxxx, keep giving out high ratings to mediocre shit, so it's aly of work to find something interesting. Black Oath seemed decent, but not exactly trad doom either. You checked them out?

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    I really want to find new bands channeling early Mercyful Fate and King Diamond too, so if anyone knows of any I would appreciate suggestions. :)

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    hanskey wrote: »
    I really want to find new bands channeling early Mercyful Fate and King Diamond too, so if anyone knows of any I would appreciate suggestions. :)

You want a Swedish band called Portrait.

Morgenstern on
    edited July 2011
    Morg's on it this morning!

Thank You sir. Any others worth a fuck?

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    In Solitude. Not as close, but worth hearing if you enjoy Portrait. Occult, Satanic melodic metal stuff. Also from Sweden.

And if you can imagine the moody aesthetics of Mercyful Fate blended in with blacker Venom speed metal riffing: then you want the almighty Sabbat (Japan) single-track opus The Dwelling. A personal favorite album.

autothrall on
    edited July 2011
    In Solitude. Not as close, but worth hearing if you enjoy Portrait. Occult, Satanic melodic metal stuff. Also from Sweden.

I'll track it down, thanks!
    And if you can imagine the moody aesthetics of Mercyful Fate blended in with blacker Venom speed metal riffing: then you want the almighty Sabbat (Japan) single-track opus The Dwelling. A personal favorite album.

I just picked up Sabbatrinity a few weeks back so I'll definitely check that out as well!
    Occult, Satanic melodic metal stuff
    This is what I seek, the more old school and perfect the better.

Edit: I have the opening from A Dead Poem stuck in my head! I fucking love Rotting Christ!!

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    Oh, jeez, if that's all you want...and you don't need it to sound exactly like KD/MF, try a few of these:

Attack: Return of the Evil (1985)
    Blaspheme: Desir de vampyr (1985)
    Cauldron Born: Born of the Cauldron (1997)
    Deadly Blessing: Ascend from the Cauldron (1988)
    Death SS: Black Mass (1989)
    Demon Eyes: Rites of Chaos (1984)
    Halloween: Don't Metal With Evil (1985)
    Hellion: Screams in the Night (1987)
    Kat: Metal and Hell (1987) or 666 (1986)
    Lizzy Borden: Love You to Pieces (1985), Menace to Society (1986), Visual Lies (1987) (SHRILL VOCAL BLISS)
    Mephisto - s/t (1988)
    Mercy - s/t (1984) and Witchburner (1985)
    Sabbrabells - Sailing on the Revenge (1986) and One Night Magic (1987)
    Satan's Host - Metal from Hell (1986)
    Seikima-II - Akuma ga kitakare heavy metal-ru (1985)
    Sortilege - Sortilege EP (1983) or Metamorphose (1984)
    Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night (1984)
    Turbo - Kawaleria szatana (1986)

The first Running Wild album is also pretty evil but the vocals are obviously much different. Ditto for the first two from Savatage. Again, not KD/MF-like but just as moody and resonant and effective.

autothrall on
    edited July 2011
    Oh, jeez, if that's all you want...and you don't need it to sound exactly like KD/MF, try a few of these:

Attack: Return of the Evil (1985)
    Blaspheme: Desir de vampyr (1985)
    Cauldron Born: Born of the Cauldron (1997)
    Deadly Blessing: Ascend from the Cauldron (1988)
    Death SS: Black Mass (1989)
    Demon Eyes: Rites of Chaos (1984)
    Halloween: Don't Metal With Evil (1985)
    Hellion: Screams in the Night (1987)
    Kat: Metal and Hell (1987) or 666 (1986)
    Lizzy Borden: Love You to Pieces (1985), Menace to Society (1986), Visual Lies (1987) (SHRILL VOCAL BLISS)
    Mephisto - s/t (1988)
    Mercy - s/t (1984) and Witchburner (1985)
    Sabbrabells - Sailing on the Revenge (1986) and One Night Magic (1987)
    Satan's Host - Metal from Hell (1986)
    Seikima-II - Akuma ga kitakare heavy metal-ru (1985)
    Sortilege - Sortilege EP (1983) or Metamorphose (1984)
    Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night (1984)
    Turbo - Kawaleria szatana (1986)

The first Running Wild album is also pretty evil but the vocals are obviously much different. Ditto for the first two from Savatage. Again, not KD/MF-like but just as moody and resonant and effective.
    Sweet!!!

Yeah, the vox don't need to be anything like the King's, I just want classic evil riffs and evil lyrics in the old school style, and not even necessarily identical to MF/KD, but something not too far off (the closer the better, but I understand it gets tricky then :^:).

Fucking satanic HEAVY METAL, ya know ... \m/ :twisted: \m/

Thanks auto!

That should keep me busy today ...

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    Cauldron Born has Howie Bentley in it who was the guitarist for the Briton Rits album. You'll notice some differences, but also some of the problems with the riffs that the Briton Rites album had.

Morgenstern on
    edited July 2011
    Damn. That was one of the main things I was not fond of.

Just not evil or interesting enough, weird tone for what they were trying to do as well.

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    Anyone have any qualms about me starting the new metal thread?

We need ideas for names.

Personally, I'm partial to [HESHER]killacopkillacopkillacopkillacop

Morgenstern on
    edited July 2011
    Do it.

hanskey on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    [Hesher] The Unbearable Filth Of The Soul

Tav on
    edited July 2011
    I made the thread. I will flesh it out with your ideas on what should be included.

I will let a mod know this can be locked.

Morgenstern on
    edited July 2011
    Motör[Hesher] Motörpenis

Shemham[Hesher]

[Hesher] : The Antichrist Files

[Hesher] Fallout Theory In Practice

Cogito Ergo [Hesher]

All from ImpNaz.

hanskey on
This discussion has been closed.