As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Five Year [chat]iversary

1484950515254»

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    counterpoint: sbarro is fucking delicious and it is worth eating that and not much else in a day

Captain Carrot on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren?

sorry

give me a minute

K

Ok, postered.

Sorry about delaying that. Been a hectic week.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    New Vegas is hard. I'm having a hard time doing much of anything story related.

Is it just me or I am tackling things way too early?

stevemarks44 on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Now I have to call the hospital oh my gooooodd

I run out of seroquel after tonight so I hope I get some results soon

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    So what is the non bs approach to nutrition

@mazzy I am busy being depressed by the road at the moment but after I finish it I will blow my mind with your article
    meticulously record what you eat and don't eat where you don't have a working knowledge of what you are eating

I just had to look up sbarro pizza because I ate a slice today for lunch

this tiny piece of pizza had 460 calories and 45% of my daily sodium intake

make sure that through exercise and diet you are maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories depending on your BMI and BMR

I think it was Bowen who in the weight-loss thread thought he was going to survive on 500 calories a day
    your body cannot maintain a large calorie deficit because you start producing starvation signals and before you know it you're curled up in a corner eating sticks of butter

Are you citing the recent research that mentions that running a slight calorie deficit can extend your lifespan?

Am I missing something? I can dig up a citation because I cant remember the class of molecules I am thinking of

Arch on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    Kaleedity did you get New Vegas cause we were talkin about it the other day?

Wait shit was that you I was talking about it with at my house?

No. I did know that you were posting about it at some point. It was like a $15 steam daily yesterday.

kaleedity on
    edited July 2011
    counterpoint: sbarro is fucking delicious and it is worth eating that and not much else in a day

yeah

I'd live on two slices of pizza a day

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sometimes people say "Hey, has anybody told you that you look like Jimmy Fallon" when they really mean Jimmy Kimmel.

Usually I say "You mean Jimmy Kimmel?" and they're like "Oh right" but one time this guy tried to act like he really meant Jimmy Fallon but he wasn't fooling anybody.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't think I've had Sbarro

TL DR on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow they just hung up on me at the pharmacy :[

I am going to head over there and flip their tables

japan on
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    kaleedity wrote: »

No. I did know that you were posting about it at some point. It was like a $15 steam daily yesterday.

Oh word

Arch on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oh my gooood answering machine

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

s'not v good

skippydumptruck on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I am struggling with Alpha Protocol

...How?

I mean, I liked the game, beat it twice, but it is so sadly easy.

JustinSane07 on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kaleedity wrote: »

What's on the Steam Sale menu today, if you don't mind me asking?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    So...I'm going to start making my opus in XNA. An RPG. It's going to be so awesome that the world will cry when they see me. Just like now, but these will be tears of happiness instead of tears of fright and terror.

Drez! I'm working on my own RPG using the RPG maker XP/VX software. We can be rpg buddies.

What's "RPG maker XP/VX"? I was thinking of just building my own engine from scratch, but I dunno. What do you recommend?

It's just a building block engine. It's got all of the stuff for a good old snes type rpg with some ability for custom code if you want to go 3d rather than sprite. It's for making PC games though so I doubt it works with XNA. It's just a nice cheap program. You can make your own sprites and music and import them in and make some cool stuff.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so for today do I want the Deux Ex collection for $5? (I've never played it)

I'm probably getting Monkey Island 1 and 2 for $7.50

You want the first Deus Ex, not the mediocre second one. And you want both Monkey Island games because they are still funny after all these years. Three A+ games for $10.

emnmnme on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

There's one in my local mall. The guy there is really damn good at hard sells.

...Also when the hell did I gain confidence? I just told someone that I'm awesome, and realized that I wasn't fooling around or faking it. I had a firm, unshakable belief that I was awesome in the context of the discussion.

yalborap on
    edited July 2011
    Also for the record I pretty much agree with Fuzzy RE: diets

Arch on
    edited July 2011

...How?

Everything turns into a gunfight, I can't stealth worth a shit

The minigames are awful and I always run out of time and fuck it up

I end up martial arting a lot of dudes to death because my pistol has no accuracy I guess, I shoot at people and they lose no health

I can't figure out how to throw grenades or anything, they threw too much information at me in the tutorial and I didn't absorb it all

Now I am going to go eat some lunch so if you reply there may be a gap in my response

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

...How?

That's kind of the problem I ran into. I put like every single point at start into stealth and just maxed that early on and it made the game kind of a cakewalk.

It's a lot of fun, but it's kind of a poor man's metal gear solid

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why do my burps smell vaguely sulfurous?

Greeper on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    So what is the non bs approach to nutrition

@mazzy I am busy being depressed by the road at the moment but after I finish it I will blow my mind with your article
    meticulously record what you eat and don't eat where you don't have a working knowledge of what you are eating

I just had to look up sbarro pizza because I ate a slice today for lunch

this tiny piece of pizza had 460 calories and 45% of my daily sodium intake

make sure that through exercise and diet you are maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories depending on your BMI and BMR

I would go so far as to argue that there is no evidence that a typical person can actually maintain a 500-calorie deficit for any significant period of time.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    most sbarro is bad. Though, every once in a while one of the locations is really fucking good. Maybe I'm just remembering something from many years ago and I was just hungry then.

kaleedity on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

...How?

Everything turns into a gunfight, I can't stealth worth a shit

The minigames are awful and I always run out of time and fuck it up

I end up martial arting a lot of dudes to death because my pistol has no accuracy I guess, I shoot at people and they lose no health

I can't figure out how to throw grenades or anything, they threw too much information at me in the tutorial and I didn't absorb it all

Now I am going to go eat some lunch so if you reply there may be a gap in my response

There, there. You were just overstimulated by all the options and you forgot it's an RPG, not an action game. Let's find something more your speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I

:P

emnmnme on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone in [chat] that is well versed in FO:NV help a brother out?

stevemarks44 on
    edited July 2011
    Now I have to call the hospital oh my gooooodd

I run out of seroquel after tonight so I hope I get some results soon

that is bullshit

It's not even on a restricted schedule, is it?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Alpha Protocole not really spoilers (mechanics mostly)
    Man, chainshot and stealth really are just incredibly overpowered, unreasonably so.

But anyway, for most of my missions I always seem to end up killing everyone on my way to the goal (mostly stealithly but eh). Is this going to end up biting me in the ass at any point?

Leitner on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

yeah

I'd live on two slices of pizza a day

Countercounterpoint: Sbarros is mediocre pizza and if you're going to spend your caloric 'budget' on pizza, spend it on better pizza.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone in [chat] that is well versed in FO:NV help a brother out?

yo.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.