As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Mechanics Test - Phalla Royale Discussion

ArdorArdor Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Critical Failures
First off, I want to thank all of you for offering to help out with this. I hope it's an enjoyable few days as well for you all. Voting/Action requests end at 11 pm CST.

Day 2 - It Begins

The map and terrain/standard bonuses:
1------------------2
|                   |
3--------4---------5
|         |

*Thank you Last Son for teaching me basic coding*

1 – Cliff with lighthouse. When defending in this zone, you get a +15% bonus to dodge and your projectile weapons have a +10% to hit. The lighthouse can be destroyed by Dynamite, changing the landscape and creating a different sent of terrain bonuses.

2 – Open Field – Projectiles have a +10% chance to hit in here.

3 – Swamp - +10% to dodging any attacks made in here. Explosives do not work in this zone. If you somehow end up in this zone while running (RNG), your attackers will lose your trail and not get any attacks off.

4 – Forest – Melee weapons go first in this area followed by explosives. There’s a shack in here that allows +10% protection against all attacks for people who defend in this area. Explosives can take it out permanently. Projectiles have a -20% chance to hit in here.

5 – Rolling hills – Projectiles have a -5% chance to hit while melee has a +5% chance to hit.

6 – Ruined town – Melee weapons have a +10% chance to hit in here.

Standard bonuses:

5% bonus to hit and dodge for every teammate in the same zone as you.
Every extra person attacking you will reduce your overall dodge chances by 5% (If 3 people attack Ardor, he has a -10% dodge on all incoming attacks)

Background and Roles:
Background:

You’ve been forced into a classroom of a school you’ve never seen before with some familiar faces of classmates, but most of the room is filled with people you’ve never seen before. You now realize that you’ve been recruited to participate in an annual game called Phalla Royale where participants are taken from high school classrooms around the country and forced to participate in a game which results in only few are able to survive to win the game, if any. You also notice you’ve been outfitted with a collar which you cannot remove and are told by doing so, it will simply detonate, taking your life.

Everyone has been assigned teams. Your win condition is to work together and be the last team standing. If you want to try the lover role, I won't give out exact information about it, but I've given some details below.

Roles:

Students:

Virtually everyone here is a student. You will be picking a bag from the front of the classroom and marching off from this compound. Each bag contains some survival gear but most importantly, an item or weapon of some sort to help in your ability to both survive and kill in order to win the game and go home. You start the game with an item given to you in a role pm. Your win condition is to be with the last team standing. You must also eliminate the lone wolf as his win condition is to kill everyone.

Lone Wolf:

You look around the room at your prey. Little does everyone know, but you signed up for this to have some fun whereas everyone else was abducted to play in the game. Your win condition is to be the last one standing.

Lovers:

You can choose to be a lover during day 1 only. You and another person will pm your desire to be lovers and I will send you both a new role pm. You have altered win conditions and bonuses to hit and dodge at all times. Beware, if your lover dies, you will commit suicide that night. Just be careful, if you have chosen the lone wolf to be your lover, he will not commit suicide upon death. If you don’t feel like doing this, feel free to respond “No thanks.” That way, it doesn’t seem like your response indicates what your role might be or if you already aligned with someone.

Mechanics and rules:
Game Mechanics:

In this game, there are 6 zones. Each zone is a subset of the island you are on. On night 1 there will be no deaths. You will choose a zone (1-6) and tell me via pm which zone you’d like to be in that night. Each zone has items available for people to find. You will receive a pm after narration each night to tell you the following:

-What item(s) you found in that zone. (if you find more than you can carry, you have until vote closes the next night to tell me what item(s) you will be carrying of the ones in your inventory and on the ground)
(Example: You are carrying a stun gun. You find some dynamite, a handgun, a crossbow and an axe on the ground. Tell me what 3 items you will be carrying before vote closes. If I hear nothing from you, I assume you picked nothing up and kept your stun gun.)
-Who else you saw in that zone plus what item(s) they were carrying
-If someone was killed in that zone that night, you will know who the attacker is (Example: You saw Drez use an uzi to gun down Senor Fish)

Each night you are all allowed one action. The following are the actions allowed:

Actions:

Attack – No extra bonuses other than teammate bonus
Defend – Gain 10% additional chance to dodge an attack. If you choose to go on the defensive you can still attack, but you will not leave the zone and your attack will go last (same attack order if everyone in the zone defends). You can list out your targets in order of priority. The highest priority target on your list that stays in the zone becomes your primary target. *See example 3: Elendil.*
Move – Movement gives you an extra 5% chance to dodge an attack. Choose a zone to move to.
Run – You gain an extra 20% chance to dodge an attack, but you end up in a random zone. If you end up in a zone that’s closing down, you get one re-roll. You might end up in a zone that closes down, but you do get a second chance on the RNG.
Use an item - (example, I’d like to set the dynamite to go off tomorrow night in zone 2) You’ll have to see item descriptions for how these work.
Follow a specific target - You will end up in whatever zone they choose and you will know in your pm that night what zone you ended up in. (You are much more cautious when following someone, so you get a +10% bonus to dodge an incoming attack.)
Defend a target – By choosing to defend a target, you gain a 15% dodge ability and will intercept all incoming attacks. If you die, leftover attacks will then go to your target. *See Example 4.

In addition to your action, you can also do the following:

-Managing inventory with what’s available on the ground.
-Vote for someone each night after the first to have their collar detonated. I vote for Bob Bob is ok, I retract my vote The winner of the vote has their collar detonated by the lead professor watching over the game. This guy is kill happy, and will kill anyone involved in a tie. If 3 people each have 2 votes for example, he kills all three of them. He’s not picky.
-Trade items: You can trade items amongst anyone in the same zone as you. This can happen at any time. If I’m not around, pm myself, Inquisitor and the person you wish to trade an item with for my records. You can lie to people about what you have, but do not copy me and Inquisitor on a pm trying to trade something you don’t have. Please do not pull any stunts like this. *Trading items is a free action*

Items:

-Limit 3 items per person
-Items are looted off any kills you get. The team to first kill a target gets first crack at the items. If two people kill someone simultaneously, items are randomly given to both teams.
-Item conditions and restrictions are listed in the pms you will be sent.
-Passive items do exist and they do count against your total.
-You will each get a pm at the end of each night with the results of the previous day, what you find and who you see.

Rules:

-No sharing role pms in any way.
-Living and dead players should not be communicating about this game
-Please save comments/ideas etc about the game until we finish the 3-day trial of it as my inbox probably cannot handle it otherwise
-Narration each night will also shut down a zone. This means that zone cannot be accessed that night or for the rest of the game. If you do not send me a pm, I assume you stayed in your current zone. If that zone happens to be one shutting down, you will be killed that night and your items lost from the game.
-Keep track of the pms along with any announcements that might be made during the game. These announcements will be made during the opening post and narrations. If any rules or win conditions change, you will know about them from the narration.
-Voting will end at 11pm CST every night.

Order of actions per night:

1) Movement
2) Attacks (Standard: Projectile weapons -> Melee -> Explosives)
3) Vote

Depending upon the terrain you are in, this may change. The vote is always last though. It’s no fun to be voted off, but at least you get an action!

What I need from each person each night:

1) Your action.
2) The target of your action or attack
3) If moving, which zone are you moving to or who you are following.

What you can do during the day:

1) Ask clarification questions
2) Pick up items (only you have access to pick up the items I’ve left on the ground for you. You can pick them up, trade them, and pick more up.)
3) Give items. In your pm, state what item(s) you are giving and to whom. Copy this person and myself on the pm for my records as I might not be around to initiatie trades. Plus, this is potentially a pm nightmare as it is. I may request an alt account for this during the actual game.

Reminder:

During Day 1:

PM me if you wish to use the lover role. Verify with the person first to make sure they are ok with this. Then PM me with your request and the name of your lover. I need a pm from both of you to confirm you both want to do this. I will then send you your new role pm, new win conditions and any other information.

Example days:

Example 1: Inquisitor (nightly pm’s and attack example)
Inquisitor moves to zone 3.

He sees:
Tofu carrying a knife
ElJeffe carrying a shotgun

He finds:
Axe
Hand Grenade

He is currently holding:
Handgun

He tells the moderator (Ardor) He takes both items. He then decides to attack Tofu with the handgun.

Actions:

ElJeffe chose to shoot tofu and Inquisitor.
Tofu chose to move to zone 4
Inquisitor chose to shoot tofu.

Results:

Tofu moves to zone 4. ElJeffe and Inquisitor both follow their primary target.
ElJeffe and Inquisitor take shots at Tofu, ElJeffe scores a hit, killing Tofu.
ElJeffe then takes a shot at Inquisitor, missing him.

They now see who’s in zone 4 and what they are carrying. Since ElJeffe killed Tofu, he also gets to pick up whatever tofu had.

Example 2: Saburbia. (move with other, run action, teammates bonus)
Saburbia decided to move with his teammate Nerissa and chooses to follow her.
Nerissa has chosen to go to zone 1.
They both end up in zone 1.

They see:
Jdarksun with a sword and a bullet proof vest.

Nerissa has:
Handgun
Uzi

Saburbia has:
Axe
Crossbow

Nerissa and Saburbia, being teammates, have a +5% to hit and dodge if they stay together. They decide to both attack Jdarksun.
Jdarksun has a -5% chance to dodge all attacks. However, by running, he gains +20% to dodge, meaning his overall dodge chance is +15% on every attack.

Actions:

Jdarksun decides to run.
Nerrisa decides to use her Uzi on Jdarksun.
Saburbia chooses to Axe Jdarksun.

Results:

RNG shows JDarksun ending up in zone 2.
Nerissa and Saburbia both follow.

Nerissa shoots Jdarksun multiple times, but his bullet proof vest was able to save him this time.
Saburbia misses Jdarksun with his axe.

Example 3: Elendil. (Defense)
Elendil ends up in zone 4 with his two teammates, Elkamil and Last Son and another two people, Telcus and Gnasty.

Elendil has:
Handgun
Backpack

Last Son has:
Dynamite
Laptop

Elkamil has:
Shotgun
Stun gun

Telcus has:
Crossbow
Hand Grenade

Gnasty has:
GPS Tracking unit

The team decides Elendil should hold onto the laptop and dynamite because his backpack will hide all his possessions. Elendil must give up his handgun to one of them since he can only carry 3 items.

Elendil gives the handgun to Last Son and sends a pm to Last Son and I saying so.
Last Son gives the dynamite and laptop to Elendil and sends Elendil and I a pm saying so.

Now the items are:

Elendil has:
Backpack
Laptop
Dynamite

Last Son has:
Handgun

Elkamil has:
Shotgun
Stun gun

Telcus and Gnasty do not know any trade that occurred during the day unless they were given items or in communication with them.

Actions:

Telcus decides to take aim with his crossbow to kill Elkamil.
Elkamil decides to defend, but will attack with his shotgun in this order (Gnasty, Telcus)
Last Son decides to defend, but will attack with his handgun in this order, (Telcus, Gnasty)
Elendil chooses to defend and will attack with debris at melee speed in this order (Telcus, Gnasty)
Gnasty chooses to move to zone 6.

Results:

Gnasty moves to zone 6.
Telcus takes aim at Elkamil, killing him with his crossbow.
Last Son now attacks Telcus for attacking Elkamil, but misses.
Elendil now attacks Telcus for attacking Elkamil (Gnasty is not a target anymore) and kills him with debris.

Example 4: Anaximander. (Defending others)
Anaximander and his teammate Cj Iwakura are in zone 2 with Precisionk.

Precisionk has:
Shotgun

Cj Iwakura has:
Hand grenade

Anaximander has:
Sword

Actions:

Anaximander chooses to defend Cj Iwakura. (+15% dodge bonus and takes attacks meant for Cj)
Cj Iwakura chooses to throw his hand grenade at Precisionk.
Precisionk targets Cj Iwakura , then Anaximander with his shotgun.

Results:

Precisionk ends up shooting at Anaximander twice, killing him
Cj Iwakura throws his hand grenade at Precisionk, killing him.

Example 5: Shamus (choosing multiple targets with weapons that allow it)
Some weapons allow for multiple attacks per night. Your first target is your primary target, you follow this person. Once movement ends, you will attack him and any other target you specified who is still around. Here’s an example on a non-existent item.

Machine gun has 10 bullets. It can fire up to 10 shots per night at 30% per shot. By choosing to shoot the same person 10 times, you have a 300% chance to hit that person as a single attack. If you only choose to shoot twice, conserving the last 8 shots, you have a 60% chance to hit.

Shamus wanders into zone 4 and also sees Zerinan, Squashua, Plutonium and Visiblehowl.

Shamus has:
Machine Gun

Zerinan has:
Shotgun

Visiblehowl has:
Handgun

Squashua has:
Axe

Plutonium has:
Handgun

Actions:
Shamus chooses to shoot Zerinan 3 times, Squashua 3 times, Visiblehowl 2 times then Plutonium 2 times. (When you aim at the same person with multiple attacks, you increase your overall chance to hit)
Visiblehowl chooses to shoot Shamus twice, then Zerinan once.
Zerinan chooses to shoot Shamus once and Squashua once.
Squashua chooses to run.
Plutonium chooses to shoot Squashua twice, then Visiblehowl once.

Results:

Squashua runs to zone 2.
Plutonium follows him to zone 2.
Plutonium misses Squashua.
Shamus fires an endless volley of bullets which mortally wound both Visiblehowl and Zerinan. Since Squashua and Plutonium are not in the zone of his primary target (Zerinan), they are not attacked.
Visiblehowl is able to mortally wound Shamus, but misses Zerinan.
Zerinan is able to mortally wound Shamus.

*Since all projectile attacks happen at the same time, they kill each other with nobody the victor in zone 4 tonight.

Example 6: Devoutlyapathetic (modifiers)
DA is trying to figure out his best course of action tonight. He’s currently in zone 1 with his teammate GrimmyTOA and another player, Tehspectre. The items used here are false items save one, which has incorrect block %.

DA has:
Desert Eagle (6 shots. 50% chance to hit, can fire twice)

GrimmyTOA has:
Rifle (4 shots. 70% chance to hit)

TehSpectre has:
Spiked knuckles (melee weapon: unlimited uses. 80% chance to hit, can attack twice)
Bullet Proof Vest (+50% chance to dodge bullets)

The terrain is the open field (+10% hit with projectile weapons).
DA and Grimmy as teammates each get a bonus +5% to hit and dodge.
TehSpectre gets a -5% to dodge if both attack him.

DA and Grimmy decide Tehspectre needs to go away.

DA’s looking through the options.

He can:
Defend zone 1 (+10% dodge) and shoot Tehspectre twice (50+50+5 team +10 terrain=115%)
Shoot Tehspectre once to save a bullet (50+5+10 = 65%)
He can also use debris (unarmed attack) for a (50+5 team = 55%)

Actions:

He chooses to shoot Tehspectre twice while defending the zone. (DA doesn’t know how effective the bullet proof vest is, but he has a (115-50 bullet proof vest+5 (2 people attacking Tehspectre) = 70% chance to hit)

GrimmyToa decides to shoot TehSpectre (70+5 team+10 terrain+5 2nd attacker -50 BPV = 40%)

Tehspectre decides to attack DA first, then Grimmy.

Results:

Grimmy shoots Tehspectre, but his BP vest blocks the shot.
Tehspectre mauls DA but misses Grimmy. (He had a 75% chance to hit Grimmy, -5% since he’s with a teammate, and 65% chance to hit DA, DA was defending and with a teammate (-10 and -5 respectively).
DA is dead and his action does not take place.

Sorry, I know that's a lot but we've done a lot to try to make this more strategic and hopefully not too complex. The examples are me trying to make sure I've covered many questions that may end up coming my way. The following is the player list. This was a closed invite game to get things rolling immediately. I apologize if you feel left out. The final game when it runs will have no limit of players, provided people want to give it a shot then.

Players:
Anaximander
B:L
Buzz buzz
CJ Iwakura
DevoutlyApathetic
Elendil

ElJeffe
Frosteey

Funkywaltdogg
GrimmyTOA
Jdarksun
Last Son
Locus
Plutonium
Precisionk
Robothero
Shamus
Squashua

Tehspectre
Telcus

Tofu
Tuxkamen
visiblehowl
Zerinan

Extra stuff I forgot to mention (constantly being updated):

1) No matter what you are holding, you can make an unarmed attack by using whatever you can find around you. It's a melee attack with a 50% chance to hit your target. This option is always available, even if you hold 3 items. You can always defend yourself somehow.

2) There are benefits to sticking together. For every teammates of yours in the zone with you, you receive a +5% bonus to hit and dodge. This may differ depending upon your role. If you didn't get another pm from me about your role, you are a student.

3) The Lover role can be shared by you and anyone else, whether on your team or not. Both people need to pm me though and name their partner. You will both get a new pm then. This option is available day 1 only.

4) You can move to any zone on any night. There are no restrictions. The links show you what zones are adjacent to each other as some items are used in adjacent zones.

5) Inquisitor is helping me run this, if I'm not around, you can ask him questions as well.

6) Day 1 is just moving, or using an item if it can be used while moving. Also, this is the day to choose the lover role if you want it with another player.

7) The reason I put all the percentages up there is if people want to dive in that deep to get really close to what their chances are other than saying "If you do this, you'll have a better chance of not dying or a better chance of killing your target. The basics are really just to figure out what your chances of hitting are. What's the weapon hit%? Do you have teammates around? Does the terrain effect your attack? That's really about it.

8) Basic combat. Attackers hit % - Target's dodge/defense % = chance to kill target. Example: Squashua has a rifle that has a 50% chance to hit. Ardor is running and has a 20% dodge bonus. No terrain bonus, no team bonus. 50% - 20% = 30% chance to kill Ardor.

9) Minimum chance to hit = 5%. No matter how defensive someone is, you will always have at least a 5% chance to hit someone when attacking.

10) PM Actions/movement. You can send me a pm copying all your teammates on where you as a team would like to move. That's fine. You can do the same thing for actions if you wish. I take the last pm sent to me with actions though. So if Bob said he and Ardor were going to zone 2, but later Ardor alone sends in a pm saying he wants to go to zone 1, Bob will go to zone 2, Ardor to zone 1. Etc.

11) Actions/voting ends at 11pm CST/12pm EST. Tonight (day 1 only), if I do not recieve a movement pm, either a teammate can send in a request at your behest, or I can RNG your location for the night. This is only for the first day, after this, no pm with actions means you stand your ground and do nothing.

12) The stun gun is an item that can cancel attack actions and it goes first in combat in any situation. I apologize that it should be called a tazer, I screwed up nicely and will fix this for the final game.

13) You can only target people in your zone for attacks.

14) Item usage occurs first before combat. So technically it's Movement -> Item usage -> Combat -> Vote kill.

Ardor on

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Here's my Day -1 Role Reveal
    You are Ardor's lover. <3

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Here's my Day -1 Role Reveal

No way. That's what I got!

Shamus on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think everyone got a pm now.

Sorry, I know there's a lot of reading above, I just thought it would make for a handy reference, at least at the start.

Ardor on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    *whistles*

Wow, all those percentages. You're going to be doing some crazy amounts of RNGing for the final game, Ardor. :P

Buzz Buzz on
    edited June 2007
    If you guys have fun with it, it's worth the effort. I'll have help as well.

Ardor on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jesus Christ this got a lot more complicated.

Locus on
    edited June 2007
    Heh, it's probably overboard, so I'll tweak it back. The older rules pretty much meant if someone attacked you, you died. Now there's a bit of other things to consider. I'll probably tweak this down to a much calmer game. I'm just curious to see how this goes through.

If at any point people think we should throw something out, let me know. Although I'll probably figure it out once people complain or stop playing.

Ardor on
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That is insane. This is insane.
    You are Ardor's Lover <3

Anthrax! Please. on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, the first game was extremely lethal.

Now we are trying the opposite extreme with alot of strategic percentages.

Hopefully we can find what we really liked about both and marry it into one big ball of awesome.

Inquisitor on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is going to be freakin' awesome! And...

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And me without a calculator. Who had that role in Zodiac again?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man this is complicated. It'll probably take me until sometime tomorrow to get deeply into it.

Elendil on
    edited June 2007
    You guys should have seen the five page dossier I sent to Ardor...

Believe me, he toned down alot of the shit I came up with cause it was simply unreasonably complicated.

Hell, there might've been a bell curve somehwere in there, who knows... :whistle:

Edit: Oh yeah Ardor, once we finally get everything hammered out I have a friend who would probably make a java applet to do all the math for us, bwahahaha! No garuntees though.

Inquisitor on
    edited June 2007
    So..
    Anyone want to get sexy? :winky:

Shamus on
    edited June 2007
    Mostly, it's easiest to figure out your chances to hit someone, the rest is in there for math nuts like myself who don't mind looking for better routes. If its too much, we can alter things as we go.

Clarification: You can choose anyone to be your lover, provided both people agree to do this. They do not have to be on your team. Both of you will send me a pm with you wanting to be a lover role with the name of the other. I'll then send you the new role pm.

In the final game, there will be several roles like this, all are optional roles you can choose to have. The only role that the RNG decides upon is the lone wolf, well maybe a hacker group from the movie as well depending on how many people want to be in it, but that's for the final game, not this one.

Ardor on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh, this sounds complicated and cool. I'd just as much want to be on the inside organizing the math, events, and outcomes as be a student out there fighting for survival. If you think you need a third-in-command, I'm more than willing.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Mostly, it's easiest to figure out your chances to hit someone, the rest is in there for math nuts like myself who don't mind looking for better routes.
    Oh man, I'm an English major

I'm going to go down in flames

Elendil on
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Mostly, it's easiest to figure out your chances to hit someone, the rest is in there for math nuts like myself who don't mind looking for better routes.

Meet you down there.

Shamus on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is the map supposed to be like this?
    1------------------2
    |                   |
    3--------4---------5
              |

Also, damn this is a lot more complicated than the first test.

Last Son on
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

Chem major, math minor. I must be nuts.

I can add some easier examples too, but most of it, at least to me, seems straightforward, just a lot of options.

Base weapon % + team bonus + terrain bonus = chance to hit. I'll take care of the rest.

Ardor on
    edited June 2007
    Clarification: More visual, then anything else. The lines connecting each points - what are they, bridges or something?

Shamus on
    edited June 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    Clarification: More visual, then anything else. The lines connecting each points - what are they, bridges or something?

Eh, don't take me entirely at face value here cause I'm not ardor. But the island is one solid block, no bridges. Just pretends theres mountains or far too thick vegitation blocking the other paths, so you can only go so many ways.

Inquisitor on
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Is the map supposed to be like this?
    1------------------2
    |                   |
    3--------4---------5
              |

Also, damn this is a lot more complicated than the first test.

Thank you. That's correct.

Re: Shamus. You can move anywhere you want to each night. There are items that allow you to perform actions in zones adject to yours. Those lines simply show you what zones are adject to each other.

Ardor on
    edited June 2007
    Ugh, I wish I still had photoshop. I could whip up a real map for this in like 10 seconds.

Aslong as you treat the river/lake stuff as impassable I think this works.
    Sorry for bad MS Paint look:

wrong map!

Inquisitor on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was a math major and reading the first post gave me a headache. Fortunately, I think it will be less complicated in practice as we'll only have to compare a couple of calculations at once.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited June 2007
    Players I think will only really need to worry about it as much as someone plays a videogame worries about the math going on in the back of that.

Instead of them trying to crunch numbers in their heads they should instead think of basically what they want to get done. Do they want to attack agressively, cautiously? Run away as fast as they can? And just pick the manuvere that reflects that the best and let the math iron itself out beneath the surface.

Inquisitor on
  • telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Question: Can I retract my actions or is it the first one I pm you. For example: Say I wanted to move to zone 3 and then changed my mind and wanted to gun down everyone with righteous fury can I override the move?

Or, more in line with what I was thinking for tonight, can I put a move in now, and change it later?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If I wasn't starting my job tomorrow I would totally be all over this game. I just don't think I have the time to dedicate to this. :(

Have fun the rest of you, I'll probably wind up watching the whole thing.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited June 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Question: Can I retract my actions or is it the first one I pm you. For example: Say I wanted to move to zone 3 and then changed my mind and wanted to gun down everyone with righteous fury can I override the move?

Or, more in line with what I was thinking for tonight, can I put a move in now, and change it later?

I take the last action you send me for the day. On day 1, you are only moving, so you can get setup.

You can also choose to try the lover role with someone else as well, or trade items.

Ardor on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If anyone comes into my zone, they will die. That is all I have to say. Masterblaster runs bartertown.

precisionk on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also, my team will be known has Team Angry Cougar. I am the leader. We have a secret handshake. We also give secret handjobs.

precisionk on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    Onward Gungadin!

Unknown User on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I hear tell robothero is a witchling.

Squashua on
    edited June 2007
    The lighthouse is way too complicated and has been changed. Defending in zone 1 now gives you a 15% dodge bonus making you harder to hit and a +10% hit bonus with projectiles.

Ardor on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Whoa, complicated Math. I could see how this could become really crazy with upwards of 20 people.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2007
    Just made a new map, which I think clears up a lot of confusion.

*Map removed for wrongness*

Plutonium on
    edited June 2007
    B:L had put this together in a pm to me, I don't have photoshop but I should probably look into gimp or whatever the free photoshop lite is.
    B:L wrote:
    phallaroyalemapcp6.jpg

Ardor on
    edited June 2007
    Is the Swamp connected to the ruined town, or not?

Plutonium on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »

According to the ASCII map in the OP it is.

And adjacencies are strictly for item use, correct? When we move, we can move to any zone, right?

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited June 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »

According to the ASCII map in the OP it is.

And adjacencies are strictly for item use, correct? When we move, we can move to any zone, right?

Correct. At this time, there's an item that can be used on adjecent zones. Movement is not restricted at all. I promise I'll have something more than my poor excuse for a map now when this comes around again.

I'll post an actual narration tonight as well.

The swamp is connected to the town.

Ardor on