As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    A one-time D&D Phalla has been approved and is up to increase interest in the world of Phallaing.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    A one-time D&D Phalla has been approved and is up to increase interest in the world of Phallaing.

One time D&D phalla? D&D regularly had phallas until no one was ready to step up to bat like a year or so ago. I thought they were allowed with breaks in between as long as there was interest.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Savant wrote: »

One time D&D phalla? D&D regularly had phallas until no one was ready to step up to bat like a year or so ago. I thought they were allowed with breaks in between as long as there was interest.

El Jeffe indicated that was not the case.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Well here is the D&D games thread which last had activity about a year ago. 2 weeks break was one of the scheduling rules that used to be there.

I thought it was awful weird when you said that because I've run two phallas in D&D before.

Savant on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Unless a D&D Phalla ban was quietly formulated, news to me.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Unless a D&D Phalla ban was quietly formulated, news to me.
    El Jeffe wrote:
    I'm cool with it, with the understanding that it is a one-shot affair and does not mean a resurgence of Phalla in D&D.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That's an odd thing to say without elaboration.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Since Dunadan019 will be unable to run his game, and Zellpher and Rawkking Goodguy are fairly locked in to their currently scheduled slots, lonelyahava has graciously agreed to run a small, basic main game to fill the period before Zellpher's game. Signups should supposedly be up within the next two days. Thanks for your patience.

Bandwagon on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    pol.jpg

Signups are now open.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bandwagon wrote: »
    Since Dunadan019 will be unable to run his game, and Zellpher and Rawkking Goodguy are fairly locked in to their currently scheduled slots, lonelyahava has graciously agreed to run a small, basic main game to fill the period before Zellpher's game. Signups should supposedly be up within the next two days. Thanks for your patience.

to clarify, the reason I'm not running my game is because I'm done with phalla. 2.25 years is enough.

sorry again for the scheduling, I expected to run it as my final hurrah but couldn't.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    We'll miss you Duny.

Also, 38th's and my mini is done. Village victory!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Bandwagon wrote: »

to clarify, the reason I'm not running my game is because I'm done with phalla. 2.25 years is enough.

sorry again for the scheduling, I expected to run it as my final hurrah but couldn't.

Pfft, we're going on, what, five now? :P

But you'll be missed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Well, the forum change is actually going to mess with some things in the way the game is played.

To avoid potentially game-breaking mistakes, I'll be writing a quick "here's what you need to know" aimed at phalla players, after the forum settles down feature wise and we see what we're left with.

Also note that invisible mode is no more.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Invisible mode is no more, but I don't see anything on the user profile page saying what they're currently doing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    Invisible mode is no more, but I don't see anything on the user profile page saying what they're currently doing?

Not what people are doing, no, but the last active field will show who's around and not posting

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    In hindsight, I have the best timing.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    In hindsight, this is your fault that I'm running this game. And were you to have not quit, I will possibly have to grudge you forever. Now, just know that I am plotting your iminent phalla death for all times.

Infy, I'll be more than happy to help you with that document when we get the chance.

• Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Having obtained lonelyahava's permission, I've opened sign-ups for Complex Biology, a mini-phalla about the horrors of experimental science.

Go Go Science!

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    38th doe pointed out the links to old threads are now broken in the OPs. To fix it, you just need to find/replace "showthread.php?t=" with "discussion/"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the notice, most of the links have been fixed. They were working before, right after the changeover, but I suppose the management changed the compatibility of the old links as they've been increasing the new boards' functionality. There are a few links that still do not work, the ones that link to specific posts. I'll get to them later. EDIT: and by later, I mean now.

Bandwagon on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I would like to be added to the list to run a main phalla, based on Echo Bazaar

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    still 4 more players required in the SCIENCE! mini

Alegis on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    Bandwagon wrote:
    Thanks for the notice, most of the links have been fixed. They were working before, right after the changeover, but I suppose the management changed the compatibility of the old links as they've been increasing the new boards' functionality. There are a few links that still do not work, the ones that link to specific posts. I'll get to them later. EDIT: and by later, I mean now.
    Dunno if you're still working on this or if you missed this one, but the link to the "do not speak in code" thread / edict in the Basic Rules section of the OP still needs to be updated.

Also, is Thanatos still the person that needs to be notified if a game wants to use more than one thread? Because I've been away for a while, and it appears to me that he's no longer a mod, but he's still listed in the OP.

• Options
    Good points. I missed that there were links in the first post that needed to be corrected. As for mod contacts, I believe Echo was one of the subforum mods before the changeover? Someone should correct me if I've been mistaken.

• Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    I'd say that's probably a good assumption, since he's the last person posting in the Forum Rules thread. :-D

• Options
    Last I remember the CF mods were whippy and echo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Newbie Mini: Of Steamworks and Phalla Obscura, is now up

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    What, no link?

In other news, PAX is a month away, so if you're going to be in Seattle then you should coordinate with us! We hang out, check out the convention together, have some drinks and games at the hotel, etc.

Click the PhallAX link in my sig if you'll be there.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    fixed, also I should really get to know the new forum better before the game starts in earnest.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Zellpher wrote:
    fixed, also I should really get to know the new forum better before the game starts in earnest.

Be careful with "PMs." Mostly just don't add people to conversations.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I haven't compiled an exhaustive list of things to look out for yet, but this one should probably get out of the way asap:

New rule: Do not add-to-conversation using the PM system.

This is related to the verifiable rules. Normally there was no way to completely verify that a PM was actually sent, through the forums and chat and whatever forms. This is a necessity for the way Phalla is played, just such as using host materials or PMs or screenshots is not allowed. The screenshot rule is very clearly a simple "don't verify shit because you're not supposed to" rule.

With the new forums, PMs are not PMs at all. They're private threads, and you can invite others to it at any time after the initial message. When you do this, the new person can see all the posts made in this "thread". Unlike where quoting a PM from someone else could not be verified, this now can be. You could share a PM conversation with another by just inviting them and that's just as against the spirit of the game as screenshotting your PM box or proboards would be.

This system can also accidentally reveal information you didn't intend to, as happened in the first game after this change, by either player or host. It is not an intuitive system to begin with, and right now it's foreign to pretty much all the players in how exactly it works.

So I will lay this out now effectively immediately: Unless a game states otherwise, you must not Add To Conversation anyone. Start a new "PM" discussion if you wish to talk with other people.

The upside of the new system is that doing a PM network is much easier now. Just keep in mind that if you wish to bring others in, you should start a new discussion.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Interestingly you could potentially as a host demand to be added into all PM conversations, just like most hosts demand to be added to all proboards created.

I'm somewhat tempted to do this as I'm planning a game where certain roles may be able to subvert certain (but not all) dead player mechanics and thus there is a possibility for people cheating by talking to who they're not allowed to talk to, but I'm ultimately not going to be such a stickler (or alternatively: not willing to read through that many PMs).

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Yeah, that won't help in that they still can cheat without your knowledge, so it's not really worth it for that.

Being able to follow PM conversations would be kinda awesome though, as a host I know that is one part where it's like "oh man I know these two are scheming up a win for the village and I wish I could follow along."

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just to be clear, the rules are not that we cannot have multiple people in a pm, just that a new pm must be made each time a new person is brought in?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    Infidel wrote:
    Yeah, that won't help in that they still can cheat without your knowledge, so it's not really worth it for that.

Being able to follow PM conversations would be kinda awesome though, as a host I know that is one part where it's like "oh man I know these two are scheming up a win for the village and I wish I could follow along."
    I'm always sad when I go to look back on old games, and most of the game took place in PM as opposed to proboards. It's much more informative when you can go back and see the intermediate thought processes

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just to be clear, the rules are not that we cannot have multiple people in a pm, just that a new pm must be made each time a new person is brought in?

Correct. When you start a PM, it can be multiple people, and everyone talks like it's a private thread. Those involved can be seen by all on the right hand side.

What is not allowed is using the "Add people to this conversation" bit. What it does is allow any of the involved parties to allow others to see private discussion without consent of the others, and is 100% verified by the forums so is not deniable.

You may continue to quote what someone said in PM as usual, so long as it remains unable to be confirmed by the forum software.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Shouldn't it also be a rule that a PM of more than two people must have the host added to it?

Not today.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say necessarily a rule but it would be appreciated probably?

Up to the host imo, but multiway PMs were always a thing, just a lot less convenient, and they were not host-privy.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    I'd like to go on the list to run a main.

Tentative theme: The Great Gatsby, but with necromancers.

filefile.jpg
This discussion has been closed.