As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm going to the Beach where I belong [SanCruPAX] TOTAL SUCCESS

IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirateAnd give me that bootyRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Social Entropy++
That's right everybody it's that time of year again

Grab your swim trunks and your flippie floppies it's time for a mother fucking Boardwalk PAX!

What the fuck is the boardwalk you say? Just the most awesome amusement park in all of Santa Cruz County!

OK really though it's totally awesome and good times are had by all just about every time we do this

Things you should know: Tickets are $30 for an unlimited day pass. Too expensive? You can also buy ride tickets individually or just hang out outside the rides while everyone else has awesome fun times (entry to the park is free).

If you want to park at the boardwalk parking can be anywhere from $5 to $25 depending on how busy they are that weekend. Street parking is free near my place in downtown, it's about a 15 minute easy walk to the boardwalk from there.

Food can be pricey. Luckily two locals are organizing this so we'll take a break for lunch somewhere not god awful expensive. Still plan to spend about $10 on your meals though.

Bring some money for the arcade and LASER TAG. Because we are totally playing some laser tag.

We also get free bowling at the bowling alley next to the Boardwalk! So at least one round of bowling will have to be enjoyed at the end of the day (plus there's a bar in the bowling alley for the 21 and over)

So things that need to be arranged:

Date! I'm thinking sometime this month. July 9th, 16th, or 23rd are all good for Z and I.

Transportation: carpooling would be best. I ain't offering though as my car is basically a two seater and I live in town. There is also a bus that runs from San Jose to Santa Cruz.

So who's down?

ipsesignew.jpg
Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
IpseDixit on

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You know the 23rd is Mori's birthday?

and he and I are down, any weekend

Janson on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2011
    I can't make it, sorry

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I did not know the 23rd was Mori's Bday! The 29th is Z's!

In which case it is settled, the 16th!

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Aw. Won't be back from Japan till after the 20th. Have fun! Pictures too PA'ers!

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am entirely down for another Boardwalk PAX.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I could theoretically do this

Also Zoccoli's makes the world's best chicken pesto sandwich, so you should eat there

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Toss it would be awesome to hang out with you again you should come!

And obviously you're attending DE?AD, you'd be attending even if you didn't want to

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The wife and I are thinking of moving out to the west coast in a few years. Provided it hasn't been repossessed while sliding into the ocean on fire.

Can we do this again then.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The picture of me punching Mori on the rollercoaster has pride of place on my desk next to my PC.

Seriously guys, have fun. I'll be over here being jealous.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The wife and I are thinking of moving out to the west coast in a few years. Provided it hasn't been repossessed while sliding into the ocean on fire.

Can we do this again then.

I think this marks year four that we've done this? So yeah chances are good of it happening again

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, that last one is comic-con.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    Man, that last one is comic-con.

We doing the 16th now

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Hello,

Do we have a time agreed upon yet?

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Tossrock wrote:
    I could theoretically do this

Also Zoccoli's makes the world's best chicken pesto sandwich, so you should eat there
    Toss! Whereabouts in the Bay Area do you live again? I'm up in SF from time to time, so it would be great for you to show me nice places up there. I'm going to try and fly up again at the end of this month.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    We ate at Zoccoli's the other week.

I've heard of an excellent restaurant not far from us, Bogey, we should try and take you there!

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    i could do this if i got paid today
    but i probably didnt

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Janson wrote:
    We ate at Zoccoli's the other week.

I've heard of an excellent restaurant not far from us, Bogey, we should try and take you there!
    Sounds awesome, Janson, I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing other parts of the Bay Area.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have significantly less money than I planned to at this point. My attendance for anything is very unlikely.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    OK meet up at my place at like 10 or 11ish? Whenev's

Dubh we can hook you up with a free day pass if you would like to attend

PM me for my address and phone number and shit if you are attending and don't already have that stuff.

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    It's funny because I might actually be in the area but also sad because I have no money for nice things

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am not driving *any*where tomorrow, unfortunately.

Otherwise I would truck me and my gut out to the beach for some relaxing times.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Isnt Carmagaddeon going on right now and till the 17th or 16th? This might be dire.

• Options
    Dee Kae wrote:
    Isnt Carmagaddeon going on right now and till the 17th or 16th? This might be dire.

Santa Cruz ≠ Los Angelas

Also the free tickets offer might extend to other forumers if they can prove that they are totally awesome

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    nah, save a free ticket for someone more awesome than I

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote:
    Dee Kae wrote:

Santa Cruz ≠ Los Angelas

Also the free tickets offer might extend to other forumers if they can prove that they are totally awesome

Figured it was So-Cal. Nice nice then!

• Options
    Santa Cruz is south of the Bay Area.

I could get there in several hours, but I would have to drive through Los Angeles to do so, and there is no way that is happening this weekend.

• Options
    sarukun wrote:

I could get there in several hours, but I would have to drive through Los Angeles to do so, and there is no way that is happening this weekend.

Santa Cruz to LA is about 6 hours if you take the 5, a bit longer if you take the 101. Gonna make that trip on the 28th after I get off work. You know what's more boring than driving the 5? Driving the 5 at night

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Carmageddon is this weekend, though

the 405 is closed and all

• Options
    Well yes, I meant normally

Oh god imagine trying to drive to comic con this weekend? Fuck that shit

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixit wrote:
    sarukun wrote:

Santa Cruz to LA is about 6 hours if you take the 5, a bit longer if you take the 101. Gonna make that trip on the 28th after I get off work. You know what's more boring than driving the 5? Driving the 5 at night

You know what I miss most about living in Taipei?

The public transportation system.

You thought I was gonna say sex, didn't you.

• Options
    281330_10150234901341612_730811611_7629236_4848587_n.jpg

DE?AD and I had a super awesome fun time at the Boardwalk

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, I am so glad you posted that.

It is definitely the best!