As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stargate Universe: Getting good just as it ends (Spoilers Ahoy)

123457»

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Someone hid "Fuck the French" in the SGU finale, Thats hilarious and sad.

Theres a link to the picture of it on Mallozzi's blog, in one of the comments.

Buttcleft on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there any point to having spoiler warnings for episodes that are never going to appear on television?

Schrodinger on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Probably not, unless they do some books/comics.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Scooter wrote: »
    I think Farscape did it best. It always tied up everything in a season, and then only at the last 2 minutes or so would it throw in something to lead to the next season. Something that could be cut out if you needed to.

Uh what? Farscape always ended a season on a huge cliffhanger
    Season 1: Crais has just kidnapped Talon, and John has just convinced Moya to leave without them. Aeryn is unable to get to John and D'argo as they float in space, just as D'argo finally passes out. END SEASON.

Season 2: After Aeryn has died, Crichton is having the chip finally removed, even though it leaves him unable to speak. Before the Doctor can fix him, Scorpius arrives, kills the Doctor and takes the chip, leaving john alone, tied down and unable to speak. END SEASON.

Season 3: After everyone goes their seperate ways, the Scorpius neural clone in John's mind reveals that Aeryn is pregnant. Before he can get back onboard moya to try and tracker Aeryn down, Moya is swollowed up by a wormhole, leaving John stranded in space in his module which does not have extended life-support. END SEASON.

Season 4: After cutting off the Scarren's control of the sector, and destroying the wormhole that would have allowed them to invade Earth (also cutting himself off from Earth), John and Aeryn are enjoying a boatride in the ocean moya has landed in to rest up. After asking and accepting a marriage proposal, Aeryn and John are attacked by an alien ship and turned into dust. END SEASON.
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    No, he fixed it and everything was all right!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU IF I STICK MY FINGERS IN MY EARS

LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Oh please, you people act like it would have been an either or.

My money would be on something unexpected happening (They wind up in stasis far longer than expected, or they get knocked out early and the blue aliens take over the ship after their own ships get heavily damaged by drones. Something like that.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Having just wrapped up all 10 seasons of SG-1 (and The Ark of Truth), me and my friends have finally moved onto Farscape. A younger Claudia Black is nice and I don't think Ben Browder ages.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Having just wrapped up all 10 seasons of SG-1 (and The Ark of Truth), me and my friends have finally moved onto Farscape. A younger Claudia Black is nice and I don't think Ben Browder ages.

I'm thinking he's kinda like Wolverine. He gets his ass kicked all the time, but never has anything to show for it. He also looks the same now as he did in the Spanish-American War.

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »

The best thing about Claudia Black is that her voice doesn't age, and she's already the female Morgan Freeman or Stephen Fry.

Shadowen on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think Farscape did it best. It always tied up everything in a season, and then only at the last 2 minutes or so would it throw in something to lead to the next season. Something that could be cut out if you needed to.

Season 1: Crais has just kidnapped Talon, and John has just convinced Moya to leave without them. Aeryn is unable to get to John and D'argo as they float in space, just as D'argo finally passes out. END SEASON.

Season 2: After Aeryn has died, Crichton is having the chip finally removed, even though it leaves him unable to speak. Before the Doctor can fix him, Scorpius arrives, kills the Doctor and takes the chip, leaving john alone, tied down and unable to speak. END SEASON.

Season 3: After everyone goes their seperate ways, the Scorpius neural clone in John's mind reveals that Aeryn is pregnant. Before he can get back onboard moya to try and tracker Aeryn down, Moya is swollowed up by a wormhole, leaving John stranded in space in his module which does not have extended life-support. END SEASON.

Season 4: After cutting off the Scarren's control of the sector, and destroying the wormhole that would have allowed them to invade Earth (also cutting himself off from Earth), John and Aeryn are enjoying a boatride in the ocean moya has landed in to rest up. After asking and accepting a marriage proposal, Aeryn and John are attacked by an alien ship and turned into dust. END SEASON.

Which always happened in the last 2 minutes. Cut those out and everything would be more or less tied up.

Scooter on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Which always happened in the last 2 minutes. Cut those out and everything would be more or less tied up.

Okay, maybe on the latter three, but there's no way you could have clipped the last two minutes of the Season 1 finale and had it "all wrapped up." They were still in the middle of dealing with events that they spent most of the episode setting up.

Undead Scottsman on
  • CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    BUMP

Just finished episode 18 of season 2, and I must say that the storyline through E17 and E18 has been one of my favourites of all the television shows I have ever watched. It had everything in it that I needed for me to love the socks of it!

I remember first trying to watch SGU when it came out with my expectation of it being SG1 and SG-A, with the wise talking Colonel and the angry alien and that kind of template. Obviously I was gutted when it turned out to be nothing like that at all, and all most all of the original humour and charm had been lost so I quit watching it after the first three episodes. I picked it up recently and have watched nearly all of it in about 2 weeks. It's very different, completely different, but in a good way and I enjoy the fact that they've kept a lot of the old characters that make cameos relatively often harking back to the good old days.

I do wish there were a bit more gunfights and encounters with new alien races in stand alone episodes and stuff. Seizure and then these last two episodes have to have been my favourites of the two seasons simply because they were a bit different from the more "OMG FTL drives are fucked and also I love you Chloe/TJ/Whoever" episodes we usually see. Going to watch the last two episodes tomorrow night. Really interested to see where they can take it.

Edit: Wait, don't fucking tell me they fucking cancelled it.

Cristo on
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    They didn't fucking cancel it.
    Yes, they did.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    You know what I just realized?

Imagine Lou Gehrig wasn't just a great baseball player, but he was also an alien who was pretty much the origin for all documented medical science. And one of the first people to ever walk the planet Earth. Everyone studies videos of Lou Gehrig. Imagine if Lou Gehrig had the same status in your society that Hippocrates has in ours. But better, because Hippocrates predates scientific method by several millennia.

Now, imagine you get to meet Lou Gehrig from a parallel timeline, and you're both trying to help each other out. You're not really concerned about time paradoxes at all. Question: Do you warn him that he's going to get Lou Gehrig's disease, and then mention that your society has long since cured the disease, and he can look up information on the cure when he gets to the library?

Or do you wait for him to discover that he will come down with Lou Gehrig's disease on his own, at which point it's too late?

• CristoCristo Registered User regular
    I guess ending it on a cliffhanger means it wouldn't be too difficult for another network to pick up at a later date, plus you'd be able to explain any cast absences if they didn't want to join the show again.