As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: Vote for FemShep.... again!

Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Games and Technology
vote for FemSheps Face here

There, I fixed your OP. -Echo

Xly07.jpg
NEW AND IMPROVED OP THAT WONT GET ME INFRACTED MADE BY -TAL

me3bannertop.jpg
me3bannerwiki.jpg
me3bannern7.jpg
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available March 6, 2012 on PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3.

ashleyp.jpg garrus.jpg vegab.jpg
kaidan.jpg liara.jpg tali.jpg

ME3 Videos:

me2bannertop.jpg
me2bannersuicidemission.jpg
me2bannerimportsaves.jpg
me2bannerfacecodes.jpg
Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced. To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy's most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong. Available on PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3.

Story-Based DLC:
cerberusnetwork100.jpg Cerberus Network includes a series of weapon and armor packs, a few vehicle-based missions, and a visit to the Normandy SR1. The most substantial addition is the new squadmate Zaeed Massani, a ruthless mercenary out for revenge. He is a full companion with a loyalty mission and unique power. Cerberus Network comes free in all new versions of the game. Otherwise, it costs $15/1200 Points.

kasumi100.jpg Kasumi - Stolen Memory offers one of the best squadmates in the game, complete with her own loyalty mission, two unique powers, and a new weapon and casual outfit. Kasumi is a master thief looking to infiltrate the personal vault of a dangerous criminal. Free in PS3 versions of the game, otherwise $7/560 Points.

overlord100.jpgOverlord has you investigating a Cerberus research base where an experimental Virtual Intelligence has gone rogue. Includes four missions and and overworld vehicle sections. Free in PS3 versions of the game, otherwise $7/560 Points.

shadowbroker100.jpgLair of the Shadow Broker is widely regarded as the best DLC in Mass Effect 2. Team up with Liara T'soni to track down the mysterious Shadow Broker and discover the secrets behind his operation once and for all. Free in PS3 versions of the game, otherwise $10/800 Points.

arrival100.jpgArrival is the last DLC for Mass Effect 2, and directly ties into the events of Mass Effect 3. Admiral Hackett asks you to recover a deep cover agent gone missing in Batarian space, who supposedly has information on the arrival of the Reapers. $7/560 Points.

me1bannertop.jpg
me1bannerfaunts.jpg
me1bannercomic.jpg
In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time. They called it the greatest discovery in human history. The civilizations of the galaxy call it... mass effect. Available on PC and Xbox 360.

Story-Based DLC:
bringdownthesky100.jpgBring Down the Sky introduces a new species: the Vile Batarians. Stop them from crashing an asteroid into the colony of Terra Nova, and murder as many as you can on the way. Free on PC, $1/80 Points on Xbox 360.

pinnaclestation100.jpgPinnacle Station is a combat-focused DLC that has Shepard traveling to a space station to participate in various combat simulations. $5/400 Points.

More Mass Effect

masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

YOUR THREAD IS 2909 CHARCTERS TO LONG

Dox the PI on

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Aw.

No airquoting Grunt?

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just for you Chia
    vHJ2q.gif

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am now content.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thread title is redundant.
    Kromance.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I lost it at the triple wide DEAL WITH IT

Kazaka on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads!

jackisreal on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thread title is redundant.
    Kromance.

Yesssssssss.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    you know what we haven't heard much about?

female turians.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If I ever get tired of all those airquotes .GIFs, someone just shoot me, because it will mean I've been indoctrinated.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

female turians.

Too busy

Calibrations.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

female turians.

I hear they are flexible.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »

female turians.

I hear they are flexible.

Underneath that stern, chitinous exterior lies a pliable skeleton of pure cartilage.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Where and when can I see Kasumi doing air-quotes?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Top of the page, bro. Just scroll up.

It even loops!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I don't remember running into that many air-quotes during my playthrough.

So...pet theory of mine that keeps running through my head: Bioware's gonna give us a Batarian squadmate, just to mess with us. The reactions here would be...impressive.

Dr. Worm on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dr. Worm wrote: »

So...pet theory of mine that keeps running through my head: Bioware's gonna give us a Batarian squadmate, just to mess with us. The reactions here would be...impressive.

Roadtrip to BioWare HQ, demand full refund. And possibly a copy of the game that does not feature the Batarian.

Edit: I also just realized that The Arrival is hilarious because its basically Bring Down the Sky, only the proper way this time.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

OH OH OH, that 'you should've killed me when you had the chance' quote that Taky posted? Bet it's Balak.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The Collector's Edition squaddie is a Batarian. Heads everywhere explode.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    darleysam wrote: »

OH OH OH, that 'you should've killed me when you had the chance' quote that Taky posted? Bet it's Balak.

I'm actually hoping we run into Charn again. I let him go before pumping a few bullets into Balak's carcass.

Dr. Worm on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Eh, Besides the slaving,murdering, pillaging, pirating, and downright assholishness, what's wrong with Batarians?

Also, I wish I remembered where all the airquotes occurred.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Eh, Besides the slaving,murdering, pillaging, pirating, and downright assholishness, what's wrong with Batarians?

Also, I wish I remembered where all the airquotes occurred.

The series has gone to a number of lengths to try to show that not all individuals of a race act in the same way. They haven't yet done that with Batarians, but I wonder if ME3 would be their opportunity to do so.

Besides, the mechanic I used using a wrench wasn't so bad. "You're working too hard." ZAP.

Dr. Worm on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    what's wrong with Batarians?

They Exist

Re: All the air quotes, I believe on PC you can swap character skins via mods. Thats how Male Shep can cuddle in bed with Garrus

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Balak is going to try to slam Pluto into the Charon relay, and Shepard has to steal the Leviathan to stop him.

now, I have to go back to 2012

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I like that bingo sheet, lol.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nuzak wrote: »

I can see why there isn't much squadmate interaction when the actors record separately. The best banter just comes organically. They should really get Michael Beattie and Steve Blum in a room together.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think that having both batarians and reapers as totally non-sympathetic enemies is part of what makes the mass effect series great

slavery is an inextricable part of the batarian caste system, you say?

time to wipe that system off the map, then.

who else is going to be a total asshole during your trial on earth?

*raises hand*

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i really like uncharted's approach to it, like getting the VA's together in a room to mocap it as well as voice it. even if they don't use the motion capture they get from the actors, it really gives a better performance, i think, by putting the actors together and making them act out the dialogue.

Nuzak on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think that having both batarians and reapers as totally non-sympathetic enemies is part of what makes the mass effect series great

*raises hand*

i don't know why people think batarian slavery is a reason to hate batarians. it's not like them giving up slaving would make them sentient beings with value all of a sudden.

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    At my trial, I'm hoping there's an option to make Shep yell out "And I'd do it again, too!" then cackle like a crazy person as lightning flashes. Then you get up and run off.

"BRB, Reapers!"

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

*raises hand*

i don't know why people think batarian slavery is a reason to hate batarians. it's not like them giving up slaving would make them sentient beings with value all of a sudden.

I mean, just look at America.

coolface.jpg

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, summer sucks for games. It would have been one thing to wait this awful dead spell out knowing that ME3 was coming out in November, but now that we have to wait until March, it's just cruel to have so little information about this game coming out. CDN would have been enough to tide me over. BioWare couldn't put one guy on writing those posts on his lunch break or something?

Berkshire on
    "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    edited July 2011

*raises hand*

having the audacity to sue the international government for anti-slavery laws is a contributing factor, certainly

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Honestly...at first I was pissed that ME3 got pushed back and I still am. But really...

A) I want ME3 to be the best game it can...so if the developers thought they needed more time, more power to them.

B) There are plenty of other games coming out in the following months to tide me over until then.

Honestly, summer is a bit dry...but as soon as the end of August hits I'm good at least until February.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Arkham City and AC Revelations are already dropping within a month of each other. That'll keep me occupied for plenty of time until ME3 comes out.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    in the summer I just pretend all the games I didn't get last year are new releases at 50% off

works out pretty well!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    yeah my backlog is ginormous so i never lack for stuff to play

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Mass Effect 3: Batarian squadmate, love interest, gay option, nudity included.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Cambiata wrote: »

mandatory

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

mandatory

be careful

This is the kind of stuff that gets you sent to hell... God hates the gays after all...
    Provided the gays in question are Batarian
    and its not so much the gay aspect as it is the Batarian part
    God hates Batarians

Skull2185 on