As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] The Edge of Reality: Village Victory Night 8!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Spoit wrote: Β»
    I'm extremely suspicious of Spoit. If he wanted to accuse me based on my push for public allocation tracking, that would be one thing. I understand how that could seem suspicious.

But he also claimed that both Egos and Vagrant_Winds had expressed suspicions about me before their deaths. However, there is no record in the thread that either player did so. Spoit either has a terrible memory or is a liar.

THERE IS THIS THING CALLED SOFT NETWORKING, OR DID YOU THINK THAT EGOS STUCK HIS NECK OUT FOR ME ENTIRELY ON A WHIM. VWINDS ALSO HAD TALKED ABOUT YOUR PAST HISTORY IN IRC ON SUNDAY. IN THE PUBLIC CHANNEL. I DON'T HAVE A LIST WHO ELSE WAS ACTIVE ON THE CHANNEL AT THAT TIME, BUT LANGLY HAD TALKED A BIT BEFORE THEN AND HAD NOT LOGGED OUT, SO HIS LOGS MAY HAVE RECORD OF THE CONVERSATION. AND, OF COURSE, EGOS, BUT THAT IS HARDLY A HELP

ACTUALLY, THAT WAS A LIE. EGOS DID STICK HIS NECK OUT FOR ME WITHOUT PROMPTING. HE NINJA'D MY POINT WHILE I WAS STILL TYPING UP MY POST

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    What are you talking about zand

Langly on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Zandracon on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Langly wrote: Β»
    What are you talking about zand
    That's called "fulfilling activity requirements."

To your below post: Meh at least he's here. We have no reserves, it's the first day this 2-post-a-day has been active, we'll be lenient. MAYBE. YOU'LL SEE SOON.

Server busy is ruining my ninja-edit. Bugger.

Also, 5 minutes left. Narration should be fast, <10 minutes or so.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited July 2011
    Zand I do not think that counts towards your post count at all

Langly on
    edited July 2011
    Just a last plea for a guard, you won't be sorry.

Langly on
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I repent! kime

Tmoiy on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    zandracon

:3

Zandracon on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh you guys.

Vote closed.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited July 2011
    Sorry feckless rogue, a choice had to be made, as the title says

Langly on
    edited July 2011
    I did Entropy +2, Defense +1, Support +3.

Tmoiy on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Day Three Narration:

The group that gathered to apply what passed for the democratic process was a bit overenthusiastic. Their first act was to tear apart SLyM. It didn’t mean anything to them that he had started running hours ago and hadn’t replied since. Their justice knew no range. Tmoiy was one of the most skilled of the Idealists and was trying to help discover the meaning of entropy, but that didn’t stop him from being torn to shreds as well.

The sheer power that vibrated between the empty spaces where SLyM and Tmoiy stood threatened to reach out and destroy others. But at the last moment, nearby reality benders withdrew their minds from the conflict, and the hum of danger settled down.

Phyphor shook his head and sighed. He had a feeling that those who had been torn to shreds had wanted to keep and use the power. He started to walk away from the group when he felt a wall go up between him and the power. He scrabbled to reach it, but it was too late. Phyphor quickly put some distance between him and the group in the hopes of avoiding Egos’ grim, fiery fate.

One of the strongest Idealists, Langly was trying to organize a group to truly find 38th followers (with himself as the leader, of course) when he lost the power. Remembering Egos’ screams, he didn’t even try to reach the power and ran off into the woods.

jackisreal was confused. Did he want to help those keeping the power or hurt them? Why hadn’t he been able to increase his powers? Why was it so cold all of the sudden? jackisreal had no further thoughts as all of the moisture in his body crystallized. He then proceeded to explode in a disgusting shower of body bits and such.

A few people stood off to one side, frowning. They took no pleasure in this, but it had to be done. Feckless Rogue and his brother talked about what would be done when this was all over. As he talked he felt the urge to sit down, and his skin took on a sickly grey pebbled texture. As the rest of the group cursed their luck and dispersed, a rhinoceros chased after them.

..... what?

Don’t ask me, it was one of your twisted followers!

Somewhere a magic box ceased to function.

Muahahaha!

Your followers are tearing each-other apart! Just surrender.

A rhinoceros! Hilarious!

Right... Aside from that...

The Dead:
    SLyM - Highly Skilled Idealist - Torn to shreds in a democratic way.
    Tmoiy - Skilled Idealist - Torn to shreds in a democratic way.
    Phyphor - Psychosis Inducer - Cut off from the power
    Langly - People Person - Cut off from the power
    jackisreal - Religious Cynic - Frozen
    Feckless Rogue - Person of High Moral Fiber - is now a rhinoceros.

Remember, as all reality-changing effects take place after the narration, the levels that are posted below correspond to today. Changes that were made with players’ choices night 3 will show in tomorrow’s narration... if that has not been warped out of reality already.
    • Vote - Adjusts the strength and effects of the vote. Vote is currently at Level 7.
    • Host - Adjusts the powers and strengths of the hosts. Host is currently at Level 5.
    • Entropy - Adjusts the Resistance of the universe. Entropy is currently at Level 1.
    • Offense - Controls the power and vulnerability of players that choose to specialize in the Offense skill. Offense is currently at Level 6.
    • Defense - Controls the power and vulnerability of players that choose to specialize in the Defense skill. Defense is currently at Level 7.
    • Support - Controls the power and vulnerability of players that choose to specialize in the Support skill. Support is currently at Level 2.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Woo, got the(a?) serial killer and one of the weaklings!

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    Yaaaay

Booooooo

Langly on
    edited July 2011
    If making phyphor put the magic box up is what made the mafia want to kill him, I'm apologizing for trying to force the issue.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    dolphin%20small.jpg

jackisreal on
    edited July 2011
    I will depart knowing i voted well and killed a mafia

OAoOOOoO

Langly on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Good aim Langly! At least we have another vig.

And now the mafia have two kills, a magic box (?) is gone, and where did training/info go?
    Interesting stuff

101 on
    edited July 2011
    Are Information and Training still locked?

101 on
    edited July 2011
    OoOOOoOooo

the power... it's everywhere

it burns

so beautiful

Tmoiy on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Support has been locked. Points assigned to support will have no effect.
    Defense has been locked. Points assigned to defense will have no effect.
    Offense has been locked. Points assigned to offense will have no effect.
    Vote has been locked. Points assigned to vote will have no effect

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

edited July 2011
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is that in addition to Information and Training? or are those 2 open now?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    also Zandracon

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    101 wrote: Β»
    Are Information and Training still locked?
    Yes.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

edited July 2011
    Well the only public category we can change now is entropy. Which way we gonna go with that?

101 on
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I do want to say. This setting and the narration tickles me in all the right places

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011
    101 wrote: Β»
    Well the only public category we can change now is entropy. Which way we gonna go with that?

and Host

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    oh yeah.

I wonder if that's the cause of the locks?

101 on
    edited July 2011
    I think Void Slayer is someone we need to take a hard look at today.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    I'd say entropy, would be more likely, but it was negative for the first locks

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    All PMs should be out unless they were eaten by the server. If you feel like you are missing one, please let us know.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

edited July 2011

I agree with you, but why do you think so?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011
    Does anyone have a link to that search site that was posted earlier? I can't find it

e: nvm, found it

101 on
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OOOoooOOOoooOOO

2s796yf.jpg

oooOOOoooOOOooo

FecklessRogue on
    edited July 2011

I agree with you, but why do you think so?

There were a couple posts of his that stood out to me, the first was the one where he suggested we kill off zandracon and dunadan if slym came up villager (which I realize may seem silly given my vote above but honestly while I dont think zandracon is mafia I do think him being alive is bad for the village)

the 2nd was one where he referenced powering up kime as a bad thing which I am of course aware of kime's reputation in the meta sense but it's already been established that he is the villager aligned host so that seemed like a slip up to me from someone who hadnt had the comforting magenta text in their role pm.

He was also relatively quick to jump on the Slym bandwagon which again to that point was made up soley of zandracon and dunadan's reasonless single posts, and Feckless Rogue who was mafia.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Daaamn, I'll have to look into that as well. Not gonna vote quite yet.

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I feel like we would want entropy to go negative. But should host go negative or positive. I'm kinda leaning toward negative on this also. But I wanted to ask others opinions.

I was going to say that they seem to be locking when they reach certain numbers. But support did not get very high and it still locked.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    edited July 2011
    Oh god, I'm on a wagon with Zandracon and Dunadan. I still think SLyM but... ugh...

Has anyone on a Zandracon / Duna wagon ever been Mafia?

Talking about zand/duna, this post really strikes me as rather odd. I know, don't listen to the outed baddie, but feckless probably didn't know he was going to die yesterday, so...

And for the record, aren't duna lists statistically worse than a random RNG?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Oh man this is going to be a thing for the rest of the phalla, isn't it?

Can we get some clarification on entropy, please?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.