As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

123457»

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Why are the forums always busy!?

For one thing, Penny Arcade is a popular webcomic.
    For another, this is June, month of E3, so that led to it being busy for like a week.
    Plus, there's another PAX coming up, so there's that.

There's many reasons why the forums are busy, quit complaining, the admins/mods/etc. are doing their best to get the forums completely fixed and bring up a new one, just be patient.

Kinda hard to be patient when I am almost always unable to get on these forums :/

The forum administrators are not beholden to your whims. If you can't be patient you could explore other forums to browse?

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

For one thing, Penny Arcade is a popular webcomic.
    For another, this is June, month of E3, so that led to it being busy for like a week.
    Plus, there's another PAX coming up, so there's that.

There's many reasons why the forums are busy, quit complaining, the admins/mods/etc. are doing their best to get the forums completely fixed and bring up a new one, just be patient.

Kinda hard to be patient when I am almost always unable to get on these forums :/

You should ask for your money back.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Im often finding myself unable to view the forums and when I can I often get a servers busy message after typing up a post and trying to post it up

This is REALLY annoying. Ive been on these forums for the last 2 years but it this keeps up i dont think I'll really be able to participate :/

Note: this post was from a few days ago I accidently posted it in the wrong thread.

here's hoping the problem is gone *raises glass*

To quote Ramius about the problem in general:
    Ramius wrote: »
    ah, this might be worth mentioning:

When the server decides it is too busy, it basically goes to sleep for 60 seconds so things can cool down. So if you hit a link and get the "too busy" message, everyone else is getting that message at the same time and will be for up to 60 more seconds. So that is why you see it so often "if the previous link resulted in a 'too busy'". The only time that wouldn't be the case is if you happened to come in 58 or 59 seconds into a cool-down period so your next click happens just as the server is recovering.

As for specifics, the most recent problem from yesterday/the day before was due to one of the servers not helping out with the work load. It was slacking off. Read the moderator post from the previous page.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ohh Ok Ill try that then Thanks for mentioning that post I missed! XD
    Im just a little :/:( that it seems like almost every time I do try to get on I get the busy message although I have noticed I havent gotten it recently so :D

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just wanted to say that the forums have been running AWESOMELY recently, and I appreciate the work being done to keep them this way.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I had at least a half dozen time outs today. Including one just now trying to read this thread. 'Awesomely' is relative.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    They've been happening during the afternoons recently, appx 1PM EST.

Which is, coincidentally, when the Steam summer sales update.

Hm!

adytum on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It was normal (time out free) until today

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    When I tried to save the changes to an edited post, vBulletin gave me a little in-window pop-up. It was actually pretty cute.

jothki on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that the forums have been running AWESOMELY recently, and I appreciate the work being done to keep them this way.

You jinxed it, man. Way to go.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This issue is becoming more frequent.

By more frequent, I mean that I would run into this problem once an hour before. Now it's once for every two forum links I click.

Sigh. Just not sure what to do with myself when it's slow at work if I can't read the PA forums.

EDIT: Oh I get it, the Steam sale. I guess there's nothing to be done about increased traffic except bear it. No more whining from me.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I feel like I jinxed it now.

edit: heh, didn't check the new page.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    hopefully we won't be needing THIS anymore

#someshit
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I would just like to say how awesome it has been not seeing this message for the last couple of days.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Maybe it could be made into a shirt and given away to forumites at PAX Prime or PAX East to celebrate the new forums?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yes, I nominate "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." as the next PA shirt.

Obviously in the old forum's color scheme.

Maybe even have special, limited edition shirts in the old old color scheme.

@JaysonFour make this happen.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    i would buy one of those shirts

oh man

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    "Bring back the 'The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.' error message" has been added to feature request list.