As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

America, Who Will Survive In America?

• honkymcgoohonkymcgoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I just came in to this, but is this for real a thread about how hard it is to live in America?

honkymcgoo on
    I didn't even know what the fuck and avitar was until about 5 minutes ago.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tef wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    i'll do my best work in any shithole, but i'll be damned if i invest myself personally in a company that could give a shit less about its workforce

i don't have to wrap my arms around and fucking hug a wal-mart to do my best there

Bullshit, yes you do. You love Walmart. Man everyday I come to work at Walmart and I look forward to working you all. Fuck I love this job! It's good to be me

You're all inspiring your workmates and shit, they want to be there too because you guys are a great fucking team

this is what happens when you drink the kool-aid

i think

or maybe tef is trolling

my wife and i want to buy a house and a have a couple of kids
    i want to leave those kids something that has worth
    some sort of wisdom, yeah
    but also something tangible, hopefully property

and my parents are doing an awesome continuation of something my mom's dad did-- they have money to help us with closing costs on our first house
    we hope to be able to do that in 25 years

DouglasDanger on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    it's about who will survive here

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the vast majority of its inhabitants

Clint Eastwood on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I was deliberately taking the example to an extreme to make a point. I did try and explain that in a post later on, but I think I did a pretty shit job of it

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    We talking about owning houses again? Because I still change my mind about this every few weeks.

Fuck I'm so tired

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I won't

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    buying a house is the american dream

buy a house and own it

it's your dream

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
    edited July 2011
    the house we want to buy is owned by an elderly couple
    they are in their late 70s and work part time so they have enough money to pay their mortgage
    they refinanced and were burned by it i guess
    they have had the property 20 years and still owe a lot, probably more than what they paid for it

i'm nervous about home ownership

DouglasDanger on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't want to sound awful or anything, but if this whole Casey Anthony business ruined Nancy Grace's day, a good case could be made that it was worth it.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited July 2011
    my friends are calling for the kidnapping and brutal torturing of casey anthony

it is kinda unsettling!

GeoMitch on
    edited July 2011
    I guess I'll survive. I mean I have a good job and health insurance and what not. Also lots of guns. And access to more guns.

honkymcgoo on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    look if people wanna be healthy they should just find a good job

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't want to sound awful or anything, but if this whole Casey Anthony business ruined Nancy Grace's day, a good case could be made that it was worth it.

Yeah, the death of a child is always worth making someone else feel like shit.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited July 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    heh @ the fact that health insurance is tied to employment

heh.

Mine's free for life whether I ever work or not.

honkymcgoo on
    edited July 2011
    get saddled with hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt & then wait a few years and your house will be worth less than the debt you still owe! lmao

real estate will eventually recover
    it has been a buyer's market for several years

eventually, hopefully, probably, things will get sorted out somehow
    i don't understand economics or politics

but i think things are bad now
    i mean countries may or may not default of their debts
    countries

DouglasDanger on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I figure there'll be another catastrophic meteorite impact or world war before I'd have to worry about that

hell global warming's still on track to devastate the world within thirty years, right

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is there proof of that?

VoproSTEIN on
  • 150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2014
    ___

150cc on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    get saddled with hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt & then wait a few years and your house will be worth less than the debt you still owe! lmao

real estate will eventually recover
    it has been a buyer's market for several years

eventually, hopefully, probably, things will get sorted out somehow
    i don't understand economics or politics

but i think things are bad now
    i mean countries may or may not default of their debts
    countries

it won't. this is the new normal.

This has happened before. It will happen again. Even I know the market is cyclical.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the economy is making my (securely retired) father into a militant leftist faster than it's moving me left

it's kind of alarming actually

I'm afraid he's gonna buy a gun and attempt to take back the means of production before his twilight years

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited July 2011
    yeah, i don't know about that kosh
    how can anyone look at the past 5 years and call it the new normal

i do not discuss politics, religion or any of that stuff with anyone really
    i'm deeply undecided and conflicted with a lot of that shit

DouglasDanger on
    edited July 2011
    the economy is making my (securely retired) father into a militant leftist faster than it's moving me left

I'm afraid he's gonna buy a gun and attempt to take back the means of production before his twilight years

your dad will be the new head of the liberal crime squad

GeoMitch on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, the market's going to "come back," but there's no guarantee that it'll reach the growth it did in the last 20 or so years (especially since a lot of that "growth" apparently was built on a lot of fairly dubious credit.)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited July 2011
    also if we're going to have this thread we might as well credit the gentleman properly responsible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hmr8YLNzoQ

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited July 2011
    GeoMitch wrote: »

your dad will be the new head of the liberal crime squad

please don't conflate liberalism with leftism thank you very much.

this is pretty meaningless hairsplitting in the american political environment

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited July 2011
    i was just trying to make a joke about liberal crime squad

GeoMitch on
    edited July 2011
    I mean, kanye cut the best part of the sample, which is too bad because it kills pretty much precisely his audience
    Young, very young, teeny bopping revolt on weekend young, dig by proxy what a mental ass kicking they receive through institutionalized everything, and vomit up slogans to stay out of Vietnam. They seek to hide their relationship with the world's prostitute alienating themselves from everything except dirt and money with long hair, grime, and dope to camo-hide the things that cannot be hidden. They become runaway children to walk the streets downtown with everyday Black people sitting on the curb crying, because we know that they will go back home with a clear conscience and a college degree.

The irony of it all, of course, is when a pale-faced SDS motherfucker dares look hurt when I tell him to go find his own revolution. He wonders why I tell him that America's revolution will not be the melting pot. but the toilet bowl. He is fighting for legalized smoke, or lower voting age, less lip from his generation gap and fucking in the street. Where is my parallel to that? All I want is a good home and a wife and a children and some food to feed them every night. Back goes pale face to basics. Does Little Orphan Annie have a natural? Do Sluggos kings make him a refugee from Mandingo? What does Webster say about soul? I say you silly chipe motherfucker, your great grandfather tied a ball and chain to my balls, and bounced me through a cotton field while I lived in an unflushable toilet bowl and now you want me to help you overthrow what?

The only Truth that can be delivered to a four year revolutionary with a hole card, i.e. skin is this: fuck up what you can in the name of Piggy Wallace, Dickless Nixon, and Spiro Agnew. Leave brother Cleaver and Brother Malcolm alone please. After all is said and done, build a new route to China if they'll have you.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    00000389.png

Vann Diras on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, the market's going to "come back," but there's no guarantee that it'll reach the growth it did in the last 20 or so years (especially since a lot of that "growth" apparently was built on a lot of fairly dubious credit.)

Japan would like a word with you.

Narbus on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    speaking of capitalism i just bought this great new tshirt from a store called mango. pumped

Clint Eastwood on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    00000389.png

maoism third worldism.

beefy five layer burrito

Vann Diras on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I apparently missed the political smug train

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I did hear some random republican congressman go on about how to fix the economy

a quick reminder that either side of any debate in American politics has a completely different set of facts

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited July 2011
    oh, they are facts

except when the correlation is made

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fats

Blake T on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Trans-fats

Saturated-fats

Blake T on
    edited July 2011
    farts

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited July 2011
    Fat-cats

Blake T on
    edited July 2011
    frats

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on: