As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rate your pain on a scale from 1 to 10

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    wisdom teeth

pretty cruddy and i can't afford to get 'em out so i am just gonna have to deal with it

this is pretty much my entire mouth for the past five years

last week or so i woke up at like 5:30 am cause my gums were bumpin'

then my parents gave me some pain meds and that made things a bit better

Basically I don't even know what it's like to not have mouth pain anymore. I don't think I have a single good tooth

I've kind of gotten used to it although sometimes it kills me

This is pretty much my nightmare. I've had mild but persistent tooth problems for years and I'm always afraid that full on tooth rot or them falling out is right around the corner.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm going to just stay out of this.

skate it off nancy

PiptheFair on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Christmastime of '09 I got a really bad headcold or something, and one of the things that happened was that I got a really sore throat

my tonsils swelled up really bad, and the right side of the roof of my mouth also swelled up, which I thought was odd at the time but the doctor paid no mind to me mentioning it

After I got better, when the roof of my mouth "deflated" or whatever, it left weird ridges on the roof of my mouth. They don't hurt or anything but they definitely weren't there before and feeling it with my tongue, the roof of my mouth is distinctly asymmetrical

however I've talked to a dentist, an oral surgeon, and two doctors of general medicine about it and they all basically act like I'm nuts because there's nothing wrong with my mouth

it's really weird

Speed Racer on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wisdom teeth

pretty cruddy and i can't afford to get 'em out so i am just gonna have to deal with it

I am having my wisdom teeth taken out on the 26th then going on vacation on the 30th. Not looking forward to that.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sunburn itch sucks fifty weiners on account of it sneaking up on you outta nowhere days later

Then a week later your skin peels and that is excellent gross-out-friends-and-family material so it's a bit of a wash

Ledneh on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »

skate it off nancy

shouldn't you be making me a burrito?

Aren't you late to your night shift at Taco Del Mar?

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Septus wrote: »
    wisdom teeth

Basically I don't even know what it's like to not have mouth pain anymore. I don't think I have a single good tooth

This is pretty much my nightmare. I've had mild but persistent tooth problems for years and I'm always afraid that full on tooth rot or them falling out is right around the corner.

go to the dentist

you fucking idiots

#pipe on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm sitting kind of unconfortable and I haven't eaten much today.

So I guess like a one and a half? Maybe a 2?

Also this tooth talk has literally scared me into brushing my teeth right fucking now.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    wisdom teeth

go to the dentist

you fucking idiots

Do you know how expensive the dentist is here? I don't have any insurance

Even when I had my parents insurance it still cost $1000 for my stuff back when I was 18

Garlic Bread on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wisdom teeth

go to the dentist

you fucking idiots
    hey man you wanna wire me some money then i will be all over that

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2011
    basically every time I play the lottery I cry and hope that I win so I can fix my mouth

it is literally my only shame

Garlic Bread on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dentists are stupidly expensive...

I have probably north of five grand of dental work in the queue

Jasconius on
    edited July 2011
    I once had a dentist where the assistants pretty much did all the work. One was a fuckin klutz, she was getting ready to put in a new temporary crown while the real deal was being made at the lab, and she dropped the goddamn thing, sent it pinging off into the corner of the room

Picks it up, doesn't even bother to wash it off, just brushes it and glues it into my mouth

Two days later it came loose and had to be glued back on due to contamination

Thank goodness I found a dentist who is awesome at dentistry and pretty chill to talk to

Ledneh on
    edited July 2011
    And thank goodness my dental insurance fuckin rules, two crowns and four fillings for like five benjamins booya 8-)

Ledneh on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I once had a dentist where the assistants pretty much did all the work. One was a fuckin klutz, she was getting ready to put in a new temporary crown while the real deal was being made at the lab, and she dropped the goddamn thing, sent it pinging off into the corner of the room

Picks it up, doesn't even bother to wash it off, just brushes it and glues it into my mouth

Thank goodness I found a dentist who is awesome at dentistry and pretty chill to talk to

You didn't... like, ask her to at least rinse it off or anything?

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited July 2011
    i went to the dentist a few years ago and he looked at my teeth and was like welp you're gonna need a root canal

and i was not happy about that so i just never got it done

and then i went to a different dentist a couple of months ago and he was like oh no, you just need to get that filled in. no root canal

so i am pretty sure that first dentist was just trying to fleece me!

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited July 2011
    i went to the dentist a few years ago and he looked at my teeth and was like welp you're gonna need a root canal

and i was not happy about that so i just never got it done

and then i went to a different dentist a couple of months ago and he was like oh no, you just need to get that filled in. no root canal

so i am pretty sure that first dentist was just trying to fleece me!

i got 5 root canals in a week when I was 18 (like I said, I have the worst teeth)

they were actually pretty painless, less so than a filling. the dentist also had hands as soft as clouds

the last one was the only one that hurt afterwards but he gave me vicodin so i was good

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2011
    SLyM wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »

You didn't... like, ask her to at least rinse it off or anything?

Oh much hullabaloo was raised after the fact but man it's hard to object to much when your mouth is held open with some weird plastic thing that keeps poking at my guddamn taurii and my whole face is throbbing and blargh

I love having teeth that don't hurt and look nice, but getting the work done sure bites

Ledneh on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm not in much pain right now. Crick in my neck from the awkward position I'm laying in, but that's about it.

July 4th, though, I had some spicy food, and hoo boy, not fun the next morning.

My butthole does not like capsaicin.

Peccavi on
    edited July 2011
    heh, bites

Ledneh on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

But... but.. this thread was made for you!

Share your pain!

stvsybok.jpg

With numbers!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    go to the dentist

you fucking idiots

Going to the dentist hasn't stopped me from developing TMJ, and having super cold sensitivity.

Edit: The worst tooth thing I've heard is one poor bastard who had like 10 fillings and cavities developing underneath pretty much all of them.

And you can't even pull all your teeth and get dentures, because that stops blood circulation in the jaw and makes it all brittle.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited July 2011
    i've got a bad issue with perio

but i've kept it in check since i started using periomed

stuff works wonders

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

Share your pain!

stvsybok.jpg

With numbers!

1-10?

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited July 2011
    At least none of us present are Randy Waterhouse when it comes to dentistry
    But one oral surgeon after another turned him down. They would put the X-ray up on their light boxes, stare into it and blanch. Maybe it was just the pale light coming out of the light-boxes but Randy could have sworn they were blanching. Disingenuously—as if wisdom teeth normally grew someplace completely different—they all pointed out that the wisdom teeth were buried deep, deep, deep in Randy’s head. The lowers were so far back in his jaw that removing them would practically break the jawbone in twain structurally; from there, one false move would send a surgical-steel demolition pick into his middle ear. The uppers were so deep in his skull that the roots were twined around the parts of his brain responsible for perceiving the color blue (on one side) and being able to suspend one’s disbelief in bad movies (on the other) and between these teeth and actual air, light and saliva lay many strata of skin, meat, cartilage, major nerve-cables, brain-feeding arteries, bulging caches of lymph nodes, girders and trusses of bone, rich marrow that was working just fine thank you, a few glands whose functions were unsettlingly poorly understood, and many of the other things that made Randy Randy, all of them definitely falling into the category of sleeping dogs.

Ledneh on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    On the subject of wisdom teeth
    when mine got removed he severed a nerve and the left quarter of my tongue has been rendered permanently numb

there is evidently some procedure that might reconnect the nerve but it is expensive, painful, and most likely won't work

so that's neat

I guess my tongue is a 0 on the pain scale?

Speed Racer on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    go to Malaysia and get all your dental surgery for like 300 bucks.

people here do it all the time.

#pipe on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

Share your pain!

stvsybok.jpg

With numbers!

1-10?

There's not even anything [strike]witty[/strike] [strike]life-affirming[/strike] coherent to say to that. goddamn

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the secret to cheap dental work?

Marry a dentist's daughter 8-)

UnbrokenEva on
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ever since my 21st and the night and day that followed it I haven't been able to eat more than a little bit without pretty serious stomach pains. Went to the campus clinic on Monday and they gave me acid reducers and told me to write down everything I eat for a week to see if I'm allergic to anything.

If it turns out I'm gluten intolerant/allergic I'm going to be pissed.

Borommakot on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Chronic back pain is something I have.

Today I would say that it feels pretty good.

This means its a three.

Sometimes I take drugs so I can remember what not being in pain feels like. I don't do that very often though. Maybe once every two months.

Gotta tell you. It feels pretty neat.

I also am currently sporting a small tear on the inside of my left bicep. That is something I should leave alone and let heal but I'm choosing to ignore it this week. I will schedule it in to get better next week.

Blake T on
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    When my back was at it's worst (I have two ruptured discs in my spine) I could barely put on socks in the morning.

I had to slide onto the floor, curl my legs around me and put on my socks. It was the longest part of getting ready for school. Occasionally I would lose feeling in one of my legs entirely but I still had to carry all my books to school and participate in gym or else the teacher threatened to fail me.

Insurance refused to let me take an MRI for months. So they kept telling me it was a kidney infection.

Sassori on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I injured my foot recently, but I got an injection and have been doing these stretched and it's almost back to normal.

It got pretty bad for a while there to where I almost couldn't walk.

I'm thinking of going to a park or something this weekend though.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2011
    I got a half inch splinter in my finger the other day and I didn't want to bother with tweezers so I left in in and went to work the next day. Where I had to tighten a bunch of fittings with a wrench, and all the bending in that finger led to the splinter basically busting right through the skin as one whole piece. It made it pretty easy to remove but it hurt like a motherfucker for about ten minutes and we were out of band-aids so uh it oozed for a little bit.

DJ Eebs on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Stubbing an ingrown toenail toe I'd rate at a 6

Getting finger cut off at 8

Caffeine withdraws a few days after drinking like 3 monsters in one night was probably at about a 7

Oghulk on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    chronic pelvic pain syndrome

pain all day everyday for the rest of my life

down there

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Most painful thing ever?

Burns

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the last time I was sick I pooped something like 8 times in 10 hours and my asshole burned

4.5?

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh I had a stomach virus that made throw up for hours straight even when my stomach was empty

that was probably about a 6 or 7

then it turned into strep throat because it burned my throat so badly

got out of like...3 weeks of school straight because of it

Oghulk on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Past months the braces have been good. Getting them tightened hurts but I am lucky to not feel anything after.

The chronic twitching is still there but it doesnt really hurt too often.

Zero side effects with the birth control.

I think I am good.

Muse Among Men on