As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What is with these "badges?"

CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
I've noticed the new mod and admin "badges." I've also noticed the new jailing system and the "jailed" badges. Furthermore, I've seen many badges that appear to be customized. Are these for mods/admins only? Of not, can I request one? Like "Not Really Jailed" or "Not Jailed" to go with my avatar? :)

CZroe on

• SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    The nonofficial ones you see around are actually in people's avatars, if you want one, put it at the bottom of your av like everyone else.

Soundwave on
  • CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Well, the standard 64x64 jail icon would be noticably reduced if I put it in my avatar. Guess I'll just leave that out...

And work around it by finally having a "Title"

Thnx :)

CZroe on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Zero KnightZero Knight Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...badges...

mush-mush-room!!

Zero Knight on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Legacy wrote:

mush-mush-room!!

Snaaaaaake

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

mush-mush-room!!

Snaaaaaake

te he he

futility on
  • OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    We don't need no stinking badges.

Somebody had to say it...

Oolong on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2004
    CZroe wrote:
    Well, the standard 64x64 jail icon would be noticably reduced if I put it in my avatar. Guess I'll just leave that out...

Yes, the "official" badges are purposely situated such that it should be obvious if someone puts a "fake" one on their avatar, or if they have official status of mod/admin/mod-lite/deputy/jailed.

Ramius on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2004
    Ramius wrote:
    CZroe wrote:

Yes, the "official" badges are purposely situated such that it should be obvious if someone puts a "fake" one on their avatar, or if they have official status of mod/admin/mod-lite/deputy/jailed.

Yours is missing.

OMGTEHFAEK!!one!1

or something...

Unknown User on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2004
    heh

that is an "extra feature" put in at the request of some of the mods. See, sometimes we like to get in arguments with forumers and we don't want our "badge" to intimidate them. So if we are foruming with "hide your online status" turned on, then our badge and "available to help others" link go away.

Ramius on
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Ramius is a tricksy hobbitese.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
    edited January 2004
    Bergy wrote:

I heard that, this one time, he totally uppercutted this kid just cuz the kid opened a window.

Unknown User on
    edited January 2004
    Bergy wrote:

I heard that, this one time, he totally uppercutted this kid just cuz the kid opened a window.

one time I saw Ramius take the bottle out of a babies mouth, then he slapped the mother.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    edited January 2004
    Bergy wrote:
    Bergy wrote:

one time I saw Ramius take the bottle out of a babies mouth, then he slapped the mother.

I know this guy who has a roommate whose best friend talked to a lady whose husband lives near Ramius, and he said that he got an email from a guy whose neighbor once heard of the nickname "Ramius" and he said that Ramius takes the "Do not remove" tags off mattresses.

Unknown User on
    edited January 2004
    I heard that a unicorn once looked at Ramius wrong, he exterminated the entire race.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    edited January 2004
    I heard that Ramius was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon, Ramius killed the whole town.

Unknown User on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    I heard that Ramius once killed a cow with his bare hands. Then he ate it raw. Bones and all.

:rotate:

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    I heard Ramius once shot a man in Reno.....just to watch him die.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Grayman222Grayman222 Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    I heard that Ramius is an admin on a popular internet message board.

The voice just don't stop.

Grayman222 on
    "A TRUE POSTHUNK" -150cc
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    So...

What's up with the Deputies? When shall they be appointed/thrown in?

G&T is being overrun by craziness...

Legacy on
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    You mean people are running in the halls and jumping the queue?

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
    edited January 2004
    bone daddy wrote:

Yes.

Legacy on
    edited January 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Yes.
    *gasp* HONOES!!1!

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
    edited January 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Yes.
    *gasp* HONOES!!1!

ohnoes.jpg

Legacy on
    edited January 2004
    You know, with that expression, I'd think the animal costume is made out of thistles or something.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    that picture must really throw the furry hating forumers in a tizzy. I mean because it's nads and a furry.

and I tottally have the badgers song still stuck in my head.

futility on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    We don't NEED no stinkin'

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    edited January 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

Legacy on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Paladin wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

He got the pronunciation all wrong.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.