As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] is now FREE!! You have no excuse not to play. Meet the Medic in OP!!

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have 2 extra liberty launchers, as well as duplicates of several other items. If anyone wants to trade for an of my extras for something I don't have let me know, backpack in sig.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a cooler if you'd like that for a Liberty Launcher.

e: Also, how about an Ambassador for the Flaregun?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I have 2 extra liberty launchers, as well as duplicates of several other items. If anyone wants to trade for an of my extras for something I don't have let me know, backpack in sig.

You can check here if you're interested in any of my doubles:
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/GladHatter

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I, too, offer a Summer Cooler or one of my extra Fists of Steel for one of the Liberty Launchers.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Backpack updated, link in sig.

Page 1 for boring dupes, tradeable for anything, even other dupes. If you are on my Friends List already I am happy to give one of these to you for free if I know you don't already have one.

Page 2 for more interesting dupes and Vintage dupes, tradeable for any weapon I don't already have (ones that I have and are not tradeable are on pages 5 and 6).

I'm happy to trade my Vintage dupes for a scrap each, if that suits you better.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    tofu wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    when someone busts out a Tomislav on Jobs I always want to change their names to "a jerk"

You are "a jerk"

I think he means me.

Not like it matters, he still assploded me more times than I tomislaved him.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    RSP wrote: »
    Dammit Huntera, nobody cares about your scoreboards. It's just dumb and shameful to post scoreboards. I would never do such a silly thing.

brag.jpg

I put in a lot of work killing mans that game.

And being on the stack team three maps in a row.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i mean all jerks

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, playing on a pubbie server was painful.
    Like someone else said, I usually die a lot and am towards the bottom of the boards on the PA servers, but I have FUN.
    I joined a server where no less than three people (alltalk was on) were blaring that 'Friday' song that everyone hates. All in different parts. So it was just a jumbled mess that even more painful than the song itself.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    it's when I play on pubs that I am grateful there is a Mute function

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    it's when I play on pubs that I am grateful there is a Mute function

Very much so.
    Also, they are a LOT less receptive to piss battles.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    at the start of one of the maps today on HDC I outsniped a sniper with a much lower ping than me

and I was all, huh, some of these hitboxes are extremely generous

then I went on an Aussie pub server and on Hightower I proceeded to outsnipe four snipers who were gunning for me, three of whom had been playing other classes and switched to sniper to kill me (because apparently they are not very good pyros or spies), I think one dude headshotted me twice the whole map and the other two never got more than a bodyshot or two on me

then one of them went spy and ran to one of my previous perches, but I was standing in a different one by that time and I saw him run to my old one... and he was in my line of fire so right as he got comfy waiting on me to come through the door I headshotted him and taunted

he switched teams and started screaming at me

I muted him and he switched back

then I Jarate'd and Bushwacka'd him the next time he came after me

bam he left the server

and I was all "man I should not feel this good about playing sniper"

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    my definition of "outsniped" is where they are gunning for me and I am not gunning for them but I still manage to headshot them several times in a row while the only time they manage to kill me is with a bodyshot

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I like it when Mikiya or Flippy are on my team so I basically don't have to worry about snipers

Otherwise when an enemy one is making trouble I feel kind of honourbound to switch classes and headshot them

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm on-again, off-again as a sniper on the PA servers

because honestly I think my ping makes me a tiny bit harder to hit

but man when one of the big guns logs on as a sniper on the other team it's back to playing Medic (or switching to the Pee Gun for giggles) just so I cry a little less

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Playing so much vanilla TF2 on the 360 has gifted me with SOME skillz to pay the Tuftoo billz.

But it just means I'm automatically better than all the F2P people who got the game a week after me.

I like being a sniper, but I'm so much better at it when the competition is using the same crappy controller as me. You remove the control limitation ceiling and that just goes away.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    norealnoreal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Those three servers in the OP are all the PA servers correct? I've got them all added and am watching them occasionally for mans to be on to kill/help.

noreal on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't play this game.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    HeliosHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    You did well as a heavy!?

I assure you, I was just as surprised as you are now. Mind you, we still lost...

I'm choosing to credit the Copper's Hard Top I had just unboxed and was modelling.

Helios on
    Who is driving?
    Oh my god, bear is driving!
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dear Crash:

Your payload map has promise, I think some of the fighting spots are pretty cool and deserve to be part of a full map. It's hard to say how well it plays as we never got a full server going, but based on what we did see I think it more or less functions.

Some stuff I noticed:

a) The spiral on stage one is awesome, don't ever delete it.
    b) On stage 1, the distance from the middle CP to the final CP feels a bit long. I think you know this. The distance travelled might be okay, but it gets pretty grindy for offense to move the cart forward. Maybe loosen the chokepoints a bit.
    c) It seems really difficult for offense to finish the first stage. As mentioned while playing, I think you could improve this by making downhill sections for the cart near the end of the stage. Maybe another spiral to push the cart along, except going downhill? This would give a mix of "auto rolling" sections and normal push sections.
    d) Some ammo crates for defense near the end of stage 1 would be really nice, even if they're the tiny ones. The walk back to resupply is pretty huge, engineers will never be able to get set up. If there are ammo crates, I just suck because I never saw them.
    e) Offense spawn seems like it takes forever to get out of. At least with dev textures, it takes several seconds to find an exit. Too much time spent wandering around in the spawn room.

Stage two:

a) Offense has a huge walk back to their resupply cabinet. I didn't notice any health or ammo between spawn and the corner with the gatehouse.
    b) The interior cave thing with the high road and low road is really cool because of all the routes it offers, but I think it might be too long. Not 100% sure, might have to play it on a full server to know for sure.
    c) Defense route to the front lines when starting stage2 is kind of disorienting.. doors that look like they should open do not, and the route takes you in the wrong direction before you get where you want to go. This might just be the sort of thing that has to wait for detailing, but people were getting lost.
    d) The door you put in place to forbid access to stage 1 areas is too far back.. you might want to move it forward so players can easily see they aren't allowed back there. I saw players trying to backtrack and not knowing it was a dead end until they'd walked quite a ways.

xzzy on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Got to mess with some new items today.

Completed my demoman set.. I like it. Not having a ranged weapon to rely on kinda sucks, but IMO it takes more skill to be good at this set than I anticipated.

Tomislav: Good god is this overpowered. I thought they nerfed it but it's still stupidly OP. Which sucks because I like the theory behind it. Hopefully they find a good balance for it.

Also, I opened a couple of summer crates and got TWO heavy misc items. Oh vey. Not sure which one I want to get rid of, honestly. The jaw is awesome because it's ridiculous, but the security glasses go well with the Ushanka and give him a Russian Secret Service officer kind of look.

I'd trade you some engineer spurs for the security glasses if you'd be interested.

Endaro on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Mjs3I.jpg

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay, that's fucking great.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SirToasty wrote: »

I'll definitely trade for the Ambassador. Hit me up on steam, ID in sig.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thanks to MegaMek for taking those crates off my hands last night, apparently he got a cool pair of Security Shades from one of them so it worked out nicely.

Still got some stuff I'd like to unload. I would give the Detonator for some other new weapon I don't currently have (play pretty much every class except Spy at least occasionally). And I'd really like to get rid of the Lumbricus Lid because in spite of its relative rarity I think it looks stupid and never wear it.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/Gaslight

Gaslight on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Thanks to MegaMek for taking those crates off my hands last night, apparently he got a cool pair of Security Shades from one of them so it worked out nicely.

Still got some stuff I'd like to unload. I would give the Detonator for some other new weapon I don't currently have (play pretty much every class except Spy at least occasionally). And I'd really like to get rid of the Lumbricus Lid because in spite of its relative rarity I think it looks stupid and never wear it.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/Gaslight

are those the things you have?

I have an extra flare gun, half zatoichi and a mackeral ( though master of puppets wanted this but don't think he accepted my friend request)

edit see you have a zatoichi

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SirToasty wrote: »

I'll definitely trade for the Ambassador. Hit me up on steam, ID in sig.
    Check my pack for anything else you'd take for the Liberty Launcher. I've been playing Soldier more often lately.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a Disciplinary Action that I might be willing to trade with somebody.

I'm looking for any of the following:

new Demoknight sword
    2x half-zatoichi (to craft said sword)
    Dueling Minigame
    new Soldier stuff (besides riding crop, obviously)
    new Spy stuff
    Sniper gator hat

But hey, make me an offer, I'm sure I forgot about some stuff.

Add me if you want, and hit me up whenever I happen to be online. I'm working today and I'm going to see a movie after work, so I won't be online till later tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    *Proud to be a DR spy*

That is all.
    /flex

Monsty on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a name and description tag, and now a Team Captain. Anything in particular you guys think I should name/use for a description?

Zerokku on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a Disciplinary Action that I might be willing to trade with somebody.

I'm looking for any of the following:

new Demoknight sword
    2x half-zatoichi (to craft said sword)
    Dueling Minigame
    new Soldier stuff (besides riding crop, obviously)
    new Spy stuff
    Sniper gator hat

But hey, make me an offer, I'm sure I forgot about some stuff.

Add me if you want, and hit me up whenever I happen to be online. I'm working today and I'm going to see a movie after work, so I won't be online till later tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

i have an exta half zatoichi i will trade

would love to get a soft grenadir cap or whatever its called.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have an extra stately steel toe. I'm willing to trade for another hat (preferably a summer one).

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Anyone got a Jumper's Jeepcap? I just realized I have all of the other pieces of that set.

e: That set doesn't bestow any bonuses so nevermind.

e: Also the Reserve Shooter has the most badass sound.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    and I was all "man I should not feel this good about playing sniper"
    Yes you should.

Also THANKS EDCRAB. I introduced Mikiya to the game and he had never really played shooters before. He is my padawan.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    BUT I HAVE YOUR GUN MUHAHAHA

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If only you also had a life.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Flippy_D wrote: »

If he had a life he wouldn't be able to map.

And Cenotaph isn't going to map itself.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would love a Natascha because I want to make a Brass Beast but the only Natascha I have is Vintage :(

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    xzzy wrote: »
    Dear Crash:

Your payload map has promise, I think some of the fighting spots are pretty cool and deserve to be part of a full map. It's hard to say how well it plays as we never got a full server going, but based on what we did see I think it more or less functions.

Some stuff I noticed:

a) The spiral on stage one is awesome, don't ever delete it.
    b) On stage 1, the distance from the middle CP to the final CP feels a bit long. I think you know this. The distance travelled might be okay, but it gets pretty grindy for offense to move the cart forward. Maybe loosen the chokepoints a bit.
    c) It seems really difficult for offense to finish the first stage. As mentioned while playing, I think you could improve this by making downhill sections for the cart near the end of the stage. Maybe another spiral to push the cart along, except going downhill? This would give a mix of "auto rolling" sections and normal push sections.
    d) Some ammo crates for defense near the end of stage 1 would be really nice, even if they're the tiny ones. The walk back to resupply is pretty huge, engineers will never be able to get set up. If there are ammo crates, I just suck because I never saw them.
    e) Offense spawn seems like it takes forever to get out of. At least with dev textures, it takes several seconds to find an exit. Too much time spent wandering around in the spawn room.

Stage two:

a) Offense has a huge walk back to their resupply cabinet. I didn't notice any health or ammo between spawn and the corner with the gatehouse.
    b) The interior cave thing with the high road and low road is really cool because of all the routes it offers, but I think it might be too long. Not 100% sure, might have to play it on a full server to know for sure.
    c) Defense route to the front lines when starting stage2 is kind of disorienting.. doors that look like they should open do not, and the route takes you in the wrong direction before you get where you want to go. This might just be the sort of thing that has to wait for detailing, but people were getting lost.
    d) The door you put in place to forbid access to stage 1 areas is too far back.. you might want to move it forward so players can easily see they aren't allowed back there. I saw players trying to backtrack and not knowing it was a dead end until they'd walked quite a ways.

1a: Thanks, it was sort of a necessary design for the space but I am pretty happy about it.
    1b: I think part of the problem is how far you have to run from your spawn to get there. I'm tempted to toss in a forward spawn back in the corner after you cap that first point.
    1c: Possibly a roll down with a flat spot half way down leading to another roll down? That sounds like a neat way to do it without rebuilding the whole area.
    1d: There is a full ammo and medium health up top if you go up the ramp and into the room on the right. I wanted to make it very beneficial for attackers but risky for defenders to go for it. It's kind of tucked in a corner though, I might have to make it more obvious. Plus there is another set behind the ramp. One of the problems was that one of my set up gates wasn't open during the first stage for some reason so it blocked of one of the routes leading behind the ramp. This probably hurt attackers more than defenders, as it choked them in a bit more.
    1e: Yeah I'm not too happy with how I put in the alternate route leading out, but it had to be there. Maybe I'll scootch the spawn points forward more, closer to the fastest-way-out ramp.

2a: There is some again in that top section left from the previous round, but I do think it could benefit from some more. Maybe a large pack in the drainage pit thing under the cart track? That way it's kind of a commitment to get, but has a huge reward for doing so. Sort of makes me think of the large pack under A on stoneyridge. Anyway, I'll take a look into that for sure. Offense definitely needs a bit of help for that section. I'll also increase the times for the second stage.
    2b: Yeah that part might need to get tweaked. A bit bland on one whole wall there, gameplay wise. I was thinking about putting another ramp leading up on the right side of the track as well to give offense more even ground attacking. Just a dead end ramp that they could jump across the gap, maybe?
    2c: Yeah I'm not sure how I can do fix that yet. I tried putting a dynamic sign right above it and another pointing you in the right direction coming out of the spawn but I can see how the big door would look usable. Maybe I'll just flip it around so the light isn't shining in drawing your eye. Or maybe some sort of dropping barricade showing you it's obviously not a way out.
    2d: There is actually an alternate route out up there that I didn't see anyone really take, as it might be a bit too hidden (the same place as the full ammo). It leads to a small sniper room overlooking the first courtyard area and has a door leading out onto the roof of the structure the cart starts in. I was really curious to see how that part played out, with perhaps soldiers or demos jumping up there. Definitely needs a full server play test.

Huuuuge thanks for the feedback though. Got me thinking about the map in a new way. I greatly appreciate ANY feedback, let alone epic-useful-fellow-map-nerd feedback.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Flippy_D wrote: »

If he had a life he wouldn't be able to map.

And Cenotaph isn't going to map itself.

God dammit Mavers. Do you really want me to put more time into fixing up that map for VSH?
    I'll do it if you really want me to. <3

Also, Flippy. Who needs a life when I HAVE YOUR GUUUN?!
    edit: None but love for ya, Flippy. I'm just fucking around.

UEAKCrash on