As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Ruler] Indie 4x game of greatness? Signs point to yes.

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    haha so just thinking about roleplaying an emotionless ai made me think that an empire starting choice should give them computers as a starting tech and 0 population, but each planet gets so much labor based on your computer tech level, then I would play star ruler to flight of the conchords all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • FirgofFirgof Blind Mind Studios - Co-lead Developer Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Patch 1082 is now live for non-Steam users.
    The System Plane change (open in a new window; it's a large image): http://data.glacicle.org/starruler/planes-5.png
    Full patch notes follow:
    [Fixed] Taking over planets from AIs would sometimes prevent the planet from importing a particular resource.
    [Fixed] Deleting a savegame deleted the wrong entry in the list.
    [Fixed] Opening the options menu twice at the same time from the escape menu would crash the game.
    [Fixed] Attractors did not function.
    [Fixed] Dry Docks building other orbiting objects now no longer teleport some of those to close orbit around the sun.
    [Fixed] You couldn't access a mod's effects in the particle editor.
    [Fixed] Loading a game for multiplayer would allow clients to join the empire the host was controlling.
    [Fixed] Effector data mismatch error could occur when loading saves with accented characters in blueprint names.
    [Fixed] Jump Drives would sometimes retain orders in their previous system after jumping, causing them to fly back.
    [Fixed] AIs would propose treaties involving goods and luxuries to empires with the "Eusocial Society" trait.
    [Changed] AIs in the tutorial will no longer declare war on the player themselves.
    [Changed] Updated French community translation. Thanks Mikey5887!
    [Changed] Planet conditions are now tinted green or red according to whether they are beneficial or harmful.
    [Changed] System rings are now off by default (replaced by the new information on the system plane).
    [Changed] The system plane is now colorized to the color of the dominant empire in that system.
    [Changed] The total available slots on a planet can now be seen after a system is explored, even if you no longer have vision.
    [Changed] Using the right click menu to build ships now builds those ships on all selected planets or dry docks.
    [Changed] Explicitly ordering tools to fire now works when the ship is on 'Hold Fire' stance.
    [Changed] Boarding Parties can be explicitly fired from the right click menu, letting you set 'Hold Fire' and board without destroying the other ship.
    [Changed] The Directed Spatial Manipulator no longer fires independently, but must be ordered from the right click menu to prevent wasting shots on insignificant targets.
    [Changed] Updated Polish community translation. Thanks maxi!
    [Balance] Halve all planetary damage reduction.
    [Balance] Halve population reproduction rates.
    [Balance] Halve population reproduction rates again when the planet is under attack.
    [Balance] Decreased hull absorption rates to 30%/50%/70% for Light/Medium/Heavy hull respectively.
    [Balance] Buff boarding defense.
    [Added] Players can now toggle planets to allow or disallow importing or exporting resources.
    [Added] Detonating the quasar now creates a chain reaction that causes most of the stars in the galaxy to be destroyed over time.
    [Added] Added option to keep the mouse cursor in the window.
    [Added] Added compatibility option for Intel Integrated GPUs.
    [Added] The system planes now display bars/pips around the edge representing the military strength of empires in that system.
    [Added] When hovering over a system or star you no longer have vision over, the time since you last had intel is displayed.
    [Added] Research automation checkbox: when turned on, automatically research the lowest level tech when you're not researching something else.
    [Added] Right-clicking a star or system now also shows a "Build Ships on All..." option.

Firgof on
    Co-Lead Developer, Blind Mind Studios
    Click here to visit our thread on Penny-Arcade
  • kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ok, I bought this game and it looks awesome. Can someone tell me how to get my empire running? I pump out a few dozen scouts and a few colonizers. Planets colonized in my home system are fine, since I can build haulers to keep them supplied. If I try to expand outside my home system, everything grinds to a halt due to lack of metal, and I cant figure out how to haul more metal to the system.

Also, which techs are critical early, and which can wait until later?

kaorti on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kaorti wrote: »
    Ok, I bought this game and it looks awesome. Can someone tell me how to get my empire running? I pump out a few dozen scouts and a few colonizers. Planets colonized in my home system are fine, since I can build haulers to keep them supplied. If I try to expand outside my home system, everything grinds to a halt due to lack of metal, and I cant figure out how to haul more metal to the system.

Also, which techs are critical early, and which can wait until later?

Space ports, they export excess resources to the galactic bank and import them on worlds that need them. When you have a planet selected you can see how much of each resource it has and a % next to them, when a planet is at 50% for a resource it exports it, whether or not it can stay at 50% or go up depends on how many space ports you have. I recommend building extra space ports on your homeworld to begin with, and once you have a drydock in orbit you can remove the shipyards, the drydock will take resources from the planet and the planet will import them from the bank.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited July 2011
    How do I get those resources to a new colony? They don't start with enough resources to build an extra spaceport.

How many space ports strike a good balance on a world?

kaorti on
    edited July 2011
    New colonies start with a spaceport, that will import resources from the bank to build more stuff. Frankly I never use haulers in the game when I play without mods until lategame.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Contest is now over, and I have chosen the following as the winners! The new Galactic Emperors are:

The Count Of Midget Fisto, for Harvester of Sorrows
    arcath, for Black Sun
    Namrok, for The Boundless Excess of Amoral Civilization
    Shapeshifter, for She's one of our's sir!
    datac0re, for The Jackwagon
    Docshifty, for Star Throne

You'll all receive a copy of Star Ruler very shortly, and that is my promise. I just put in the order right now, but am having a bit of difficulty in figuring out how to get each of you the software individually (I've got a message in to Firgof). Once I have this figured that out, you'll be getting appropriate PMs! My apologies for the delay, but my thanks to all for participating.

Update: OK! Despite my bumbling, the guys over at Blind Mind have been very helpful. The first of the keys are out to those people who obviously use Steam. Before I distribute the rest of the keys, though, I need to know if The Count, arcath, or Namrok are unable to use Steam. If you're okay with Steam, I'll send a key your way. One person will get a non-Steam version.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hooray for Tetra! The key worked perfectly and I am downloading it now.

A gentleman you are, sir!

Docshifty on
  • PeonsPeons Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    [B
    ]Early game guide and you[/B]

A lot of people seem to have problems understanding how to get up and running early game in Star Ruler. One thing that must be taken into consideration is that this isn't your "usual RTS.

Expansions in normal RTS'es typically take low amounts of resources up front, and provide resources for your main base to continue constructing. However, SR expansions require a significant amount of resources (Until mid/late game) and will drain your economy until mostly constructed.

Here are a few points you need to understand.

1. The Galactic Bank

The galactic bank is a global resource bank accessible by all planets with space ports (and planet capitols). These resources are advanced parts, electronics, metals (Top row) and food, goods, luxuries (Bottom row).

Each space port supplies a set amount of resource transfer, this is shared between Parts/Elec/Metal/Food, but not Goods/Luxuries. Goods/Luxuries are passed between planets as needed without screwing with each planet's economy.

2. Planetary Governors

By default the game will assign governors to your planets automatically and attempt to manage them. This is a very bad idea early game. It is highly recommended you pull up the empire screen and set the governor choice to "Renovate Only".

3. Planet Production

There are several factors that will determine your planet's production.

A: Access to goods/luxuries - Without civil acts factored in, you will get a 50% bonus applied to your production factors.
    B: Civil Acts - For the purposes of this guide we are staying away from these for now, but they are fairly self explanatory and can let you micromanage your economy.
    C: Population - The overall available population of your planet determines a production modifier. Low (Near minimum for functionality of buildings) populations will result in a minimal modifier, or one even below 1x. This production modifier only modifies Metal/Elec/Adv Parts/Food production.
    D: Tech Levels - Tech levels of buildings will naturally determine each's BASE production.

So a building that lists a base production of 100 for instance will be modified by the Production modifier in your planet's economy menu.

4. Resources

Metal is the baseline resource mined by Metal Mining Complexes

Electronics are manufactured at Electronics Factories and requires Metal to produce Electronics. The metal needed can be imported via Space Ports if needed.

Advanced Parts are manufactured at Advanced Parts factories and require both Electronics and Metal. As above, the needed resources can be imported via space ports.

Food is produced at Farms and can be imported/exported via Space Ports.

Goods/Luxuries are produced at their respective factories, and are globally exported/imported with no needs/demands on your space ports.

The first 10-15 minutes of your typical game should be micromanaged heavily.

Your starting planet will be a 22/25 homeworld. You should queue up 1 ship yard, 2 space ports, then 1 colony ship.

This next part requires a bit of judgment, but if your colony ship will not get to the first planet and your homeworld is going to start overflowing you should build another colony ship. Overflowing is defined by a planet sitting at 100% for all of it's main resource types (This indicates that the planet cannot export it's resources fast enough). Once a planet hits => 50% resources it will begin exporting as fast as it can to the bank.

When your first planet is colonized you need to take note of any special conditions on the planet and the main one you want to avoid early game is "Scattered Ore Deposits" (Unless it's also paired with Rich Ore deposits, which neutralizes it and makes everyone say "What's the point?")

If your first colonized planet gets this condition, let it sit and simply wait for the second planet to be colonized.

Upon colonization you should receive One capitol, one city, and one space port. (Assuming you are using default colonizer).

Unless you get Noxious Atmo/Frozen Tundra modifiers, you should queue your first planet as such

1x space port
    1x metal
    1x city
    3x metal
    1x city
    2x metal
    1x electronics
    1x planet cannon (This is for anti pirates, and can be changed if you prefer a different strategy for handling pirates)
    1x city
    1x metal/elec/adv parts

(This covers an 18 slot world, which is around the "average" mark found in game)

Your main production bottleneck early game will always be metal since you need so much more of it for most buildings, and elec/adv parts require metal as well. Your first couple of planets should feed your GB with metal and some elec/adv parts. Food will not be a problem until you've colonized a few more planets.

Your 3rd/4th planet should be colonized similarly as well, you should go metal heavy with some elec/adv parts. Ideally, early game you should keep your economy generating planets at 4x metal, 2x elec, 1x adv parts ratio until you are more comfortable microing your economy. Around your 5th or 6th planet you will want to have a few General Goods factories, and if you get a particularly bad or small planet, dump some luxuries factories down also as they don't need space ports to function.

You should also have your main homeworld produce an amount of scouts equal to the amount of stars you generated when the game was created (Default: 150). This will dump a scout in every system (Minus interceptions from rems), and allow you to make judgments on what systems to colonize.

Once you have 4 planets up exporting into your economy you can more rapidly expand, however do NOT expand too quickly. You need to try and keep your GB in the green while expanding, or at least nearly neutral so you don't have a "resource brownout". You will also need to build farms on the occasional world to make sure you don't have population starvation.

You should be able to get around 10 planets fully colonized around the 18-20m mark using this method, and you'll want to start mixing in research worlds/general goods/luxuries worlds. KEEP YOUR FOOD IN THE GREEN :)

Good luck.

Peons on
  • datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Docshifty wrote: »

Hear, hear! Truly a classy individual! The game registered easily on Steam, and it's downloading now!

datac0re on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Scattered Ore and Rich Ore do not cancel each other out. Rich Ore is *1.5, Scattered Ore is *0.5, which results in a final multiplier of 0.75.

Similarly, something with +10% build costs and something else with -10% build costs results in 99% build costs, not 100%.

Garthor on
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Glad things are working out so far, guys! And a lot of the thanks belong to Blind Mind, since they helped out with the distribution when I got myself backed into a corner. Anyhow, do enjoy, and please share your thoughts on good ship designs and such. I love this game to pieces, but I'm still so terrible at it, and enjoy seeing everyone's experiences and advice.

Just a note to those who haven't received a key yet: I'm turning in for the evening, but tomorrow I'll be sure to distribute things as soon as I hear back from folks regarding a Yea/Nay on Steam.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    datac0re wrote: »

Hear, hear! Truly a classy individual! The game registered easily on Steam, and it's downloading now!

:mrgreen:

TetraNitroCubane should get a Golden monocle award

Shapeshifter on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Peons, thanks for the writeup! I still haven't even finished the tutorial yet but it will come in handy when I'm done with that.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • RakkahRakkah Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Peons wrote: »
    Early game guide and you

Endless <3, thank you!

Rakkah on
    SC2 SEALanguid.619 USLanguid.362 | Steam
  • StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is there an overview anywhere about what all the new game options do? It could really use some hover tool tips to explain stuff.

Stregone on
  • Edward FapEdward Fap Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    A good thing to do if you're at your wits end is start a game with no players but yourself and fight pirates. It simulates enemy attack but isn't too extreme, plus you get a taste for ship design.

Oh and loving this game, probably going to be in my top 5 games of the year.

Edward Fap on
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Glad things are working out so far, guys! And a lot of the thanks belong to Blind Mind, since they helped out with the distribution when I got myself backed into a corner. Anyhow, do enjoy, and please share your thoughts on good ship designs and such. I love this game to pieces, but I'm still so terrible at it, and enjoy seeing everyone's experiences and advice.

Just a note to those who haven't received a key yet: I'm turning in for the evening, but tomorrow I'll be sure to distribute things as soon as I hear back from folks regarding a Yea/Nay on Steam.

It worked wonderfully! Thank you!

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on how to build effective ships. I've got a save with most of the components unlocked where I'm trying to build good designs, but I've got not idea what ships need to do, or what roles are useful.

kaorti on
    edited July 2011
    I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on how to build effective ships. I've got a save with most of the components unlocked where I'm trying to build good designs, but I've got not idea what ships need to do, or what roles are useful.

Same here, plus I haven't figured out when or how much to scale my ships either. I thought I had a decent little fleet with a hundred or so of the default cruisers and twice that many bombers and fighters, then along come some pirates with scale 20 ships and they just fucked me in the ass.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Darmak wrote: »

Same here, plus I haven't figured out when or how much to scale my ships either. I thought I had a decent little fleet with a hundred or so of the default cruisers and twice that many bombers and fighters, then along come some pirates with scale 20 ships and they just fucked me in the ass.

Yeah, I'm really bad at that too.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
    edited July 2011
    Of course, I'm not asking for advice to "build this, then this, then this, then that". I just want some sort of general advice that will help me find my way.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The default scale becomes antiquated relatively quickly.

Once I get major technologies like shields, armor (i.e. nano, reactive and ablative), and beam weapons I try to overhaul ship designs.

Remember that armor doesn't count towards your component cost (although things like powered armor can count against your power usage), so when you unlock things like nano armor you'll want to put some on your designs (probably not small fighters and bombers, though). Armor will slow your units down though.

Most of the advanced power supplies will let you save space while outputting equal or more power, which gives you room for shields or more weapons. But keep in mind that for fusion or anti-matter generators you'll want to provide emergency power (or at least a capacitor, which can help with peak performance too - 0.25 will usually work for most cases).

I usually equip most ships with beam weapons so I don't need to worry about ammo much, but to keep enemies on their toes (and ship armor costs up), I include torpedoes and the occaisonal rail gun. If you focus solely on one sort of weapon across your fleet it could be countered with just one type of armor.

President Rex on
    edited July 2011
    I usually avoid lasers until I unlock at least anti-matter or high end fusion. I like to use big, slow firing guns on my largest ships and precise fast firing stuff on my smaller ships. Scale 8 is decent for a gunboat whose only purpose is wrecking fighters or overwhelming capital ships with numbers. For caps I like to use scale 25 in the early game and then slowly increase everything as you go up.

The ships are really poor with the newtonian physics though, and will often overshoot completely and then go back and overshoot again so I mainly use hold position for my fleets and go sit next to one of their planets OR use the defend command on my own planets and my ships will sit there and kill anything that comes close.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I tried the demo, and it appears to be nice. Lots of things going on that I didn't understand, but at least the basics are automated, which is nice, so you can learn the depths in your own time.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I do hope that in the end, you can build Ringworlds, Dyson Spheres, Death Stars and such?

This game seems so advanced, that I hope that there will be some players who will be good at macro gameplay, creating vast and powerful armies to throw at the opponents, while some players will be good at micro gameplay, creating very effective units and knowing exactly how to deploy them.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
    edited July 2011
    Unfortunately, I don't feel the game actually caters to any strategy except "spam the shit out of colonizers". Everything becomes more effective with more technologies, and the only way to get more technologies is to colonize more planets to get more research. When you are literally twice as powerful by virtue of being at level 12 techs rather than level 10, there's really no viable strategy that does not involve out-teching your opponent.

I mean, even if you could make up that difference in more ships, in order to have more ships, you need more planets. The strategy just boils down to that singular point: have more planets.

Garthor on
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ouch, that seems to make all of the depth and options in this game completely unecessary. How sad.

On playing the demo, I did get a slight impression of it being a more advanced version of Galcon. :)

Now I'm going to have to read the entire thread before making a purchase decision...

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
    edited July 2011
    Honestly, though, it's a 4X game. They ALL boil down to out-expanding everybody else.

Best option for this game, I feel, is just to use a very small galaxy size.

Also, I suppose I am exaggerating the tech advantage a bit. Each level of tech is about a 40% (multiplicative) increase in effectiveness, but each level of tech also costs twice as much. So, being level 11 vs. level 10 means you've spent twice as much research for that 40% advantage.

The game just is a bit too heavy on the snowballing side, I feel. There's good mod support and the ability to tweak some values (which potentially can totally fuck up the AI, actually...), so I'm sure somebody (looking at the current mods... it'll probably end up being the developers) will figure out something that's a bit more balanced.

Garthor on
    edited July 2011
    My latest game I am playing in a galaxy with the maximum system distance setting. It really changes the game. The AI doesn't always cope with it though. In each attack there are a couple disabled frigates that sail on by while their non-disabled buddies stop to fight. Jump drives are even more useful, even if at first you have to make more than one jump to get to your destination.

Does anyone have any tips for defending against boarding parties? I have a bunch of huge ships, completely outclassing this particular enemy(512-1024 vs 10-50 size). Sometimes when he attacks he will manage to get one of my massive ships. it has boarding defenses, and a repair bay, plus many nearby ships have a repair tool. it seems like there is no counter to someone capturing something they really want. I would have though having shields up would prevent it.

Stregone on
    edited July 2011
    Stregone wrote: »
    My latest game I am playing in a galaxy with the maximum system distance setting. It really changes the game. The AI doesn't always cope with it though. In each attack there are a couple disabled frigates that sail on by while their non-disabled buddies stop to fight. Jump drives are even more useful, even if at first you have to make more than one jump to get to your destination.

Does anyone have any tips for defending against boarding parties? I have a bunch of huge ships, completely outclassing this particular enemy(512-1024 vs 10-50 size). Sometimes when he attacks he will manage to get one of my massive ships. it has boarding defenses, and a repair bay, plus many nearby ships have a repair tool. it seems like there is no counter to someone capturing something they really want. I would have though having shields up would prevent it.

That reminds me, I had sent a colony ship out and pirates attacked immediately afterward. I was so focused on scrambling my ships to repel the pirates that I wasn't paying attention to my colony ship and they captured it then colonized the planet I had originally planned to. I laughed my ass off because I didn't know they could capture stuff, I thought they just blew everything up.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Flak Cannons are pretty much boarding party defense weapons, aren't they?

Docshifty on
    edited July 2011

No, bording defenses are separate guns that go inside the ship. Their description said they're mounted in the hallways inside the ships and shoot bad dudes that get in.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited July 2011

Unfortunately you can't shoot down a boarding party, they are a projectile just like a rail gun round. Point defense is something this game is missing.

Stregone on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Doesn't the Galactic Armory Mod add in point defense? I know I have some ship components that have a Point Defense attribute.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So yeah, this game is definitely slowly sucking me in. Started up a few games last night and hit bottle necks in my early game each time. But they were different bottlenecks! Got past the metal bottleneck and hit the electronics bottleneck. Been reading a lot more today so I'm sure next up is starting a new game, cruising past the metal and elec bottlenecks and hitting the advanced parts bottleneck. Oh well! One tutorial mentioned haulers so I'll probably try that out. Also gotten the hang of upgrading my metalurgy and probably whatever controls spaceports too being a good idea.

Likely to be reading the wiki for this game all day at work today. But one thing I've missed. Is there any ability to pause this game? I've noticed a few times when it pauses automatically, like when certain screens are up. But I really don't want the game chugging along while I have the ship designer open, or I'm sitting there

Namrok on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Namrok wrote: »
    So yeah, this game is definitely slowly sucking me in. Started up a few games last night and hit bottle necks in my early game each time. But they were different bottlenecks! Got past the metal bottleneck and hit the electronics bottleneck. Been reading a lot more today so I'm sure next up is starting a new game, cruising past the metal and elec bottlenecks and hitting the advanced parts bottleneck. Oh well! One tutorial mentioned haulers so I'll probably try that out. Also gotten the hang of upgrading my metalurgy and probably whatever controls spaceports too being a good idea.

Likely to be reading the wiki for this game all day at work today. But one thing I've missed. Is there any ability to pause this game? I've noticed a few times when it pauses automatically, like when certain screens are up. But I really don't want the game chugging along while I have the ship designer open, or I'm sitting there

top right corner, there is a slow down button, speed up button, and in the middle is a | that pauses the game

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited July 2011

The wiki is unfortunately pretty out of date and not really useful :(

Stregone on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

top right corner, there is a slow down button, speed up button, and in the middle is a | that pauses the game

There is also a keyboard command to pause, ~ I think.

Last Son on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, I picked up this, AI War and X3. For those who have played 2 or all 3, is there a better one people enjoy over the other. Am I asking in a bias thread? :winky:

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, I picked up this, AI War and X3. For those who have played 2 or all 3, is there a better one people enjoy over the other. Am I asking in a bias thread? :winky:

Not having played AI War, well, both X3 and Star Ruler have insane learning curves. SR's is mostly balancing management, while X3's is about learning to move around (fight) and find a way to make money that you like.

Either would consume your soul whole, leaving you a shell of your former self, hidden by your family in a corner so no one can know of the shame...

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .