As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Recettear: RPG Shop simulator - It's out and great and you should buy it

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Done, including ability to add items to calculate store mood!

Back online!

Recettear shop atmosphere calculator 1.12

recettecalcl.png

* Choose your current setting and see how it affects your atmosphere
    * Vending machines also affect atmosphere, check how each one affects it
    * Items also affect it, you can put up to 40 items in a maxed out store, plenty of space here to do so!

- You must type out the item name, there probably is a way to make a nice categorized list, I didn't really try there. Not case sensitive, but you must type out the correct name, Thief's Knife and not Thiefs Knife.

Download Excel file

Version 1.12

Office 2007 version.

Office 97-03 version.

Possible thing to add in 1.2

- Reverse calculation. Excel allows you to put in desired numbers, and it will tell you what you need. So in this case we could probably put in all items we have in display, and if we want a 0/0 rating for the store, we could tell Excel to tell us what decorations would achieve this.

Satsumomo on
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, personally, I was hoping for Recettear to hit $10 since I was pretty interested in the game.

Recettear is back on sale for $5 on Steam till noon central tomorrow. People that don't already own it need to be buying it and playing it. I made good on the above quote by buying two gift copies this evening.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This game is so good.

So good.

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I enjoyed the game very much, but I found very little incentive to do anything after I paid the loan :(

Satsumomo on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    there's more story afterwards. but yeah that's around when i stopped too

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ok, my searching has failed me, how do I place the damn counters after I buy them from the Market? Unlike vending machines, it seems to just actually put counters up for sale when I put them in a slot on an existing counter, yet no menu option seems to give the ability to place or change existing counters (other than position).

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Talk to Tear to redecorate IIRC.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Talk to Tear to redecorate IIRC.

Tear has:
    Store Atmosphere
    Merchant Level
    Tear's Lectures
    News Summary
    Outstanding Orders
    Time Lecture
    Never Mind

and the Counter has:
    Open Store
    Change Walls
    Change Flooring
    Change Carpet
    Move Tables
    Cancel

I've tried every option at least once to no avail. Maybe you need a certain merchant level?

Tag on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmm...have you tried placing the counter on top of one of the counters? I know that's how you use vending machines

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's unlocked at a certain merchant level, yes. You do it the same way you change the walls and floors.

mntorankusu on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fun game, and I suck so very much at running a Item shop it seems. Just cannot get past the 80,000 Due marker. FIrs ttry I got to within 2k but just cannot get over!

Who-Psyd on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If you're a day or two away and you're pretty sure you're going to fail, spend all of your money (and don't sell anything). You lose your money when you restart, but you get to keep the stuff you bought. If I remember correctly.

mntorankusu on
    edited July 2011
    It's unlocked at a certain merchant level, yes. You do it the same way you change the walls and floors.

Ah yes, upon further review of the wiki, I see its listed at level 14 of Merchant Levels.

Kinda wished they let me knew these things ahead of time, now I have counters and vending machines I can't quite use. Oh well. Poor in-game documentation is frustrating, but not enough to turn me off from the game. At least it doesn't crash every 3 seconds like Battlefield 2 :P

Thanks everyone!

Tag on
    edited July 2011
    you're just too good at this game

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Fun game, and I suck so very much at running a Item shop it seems. Just cannot get past the 80,000 Due marker. FIrs ttry I got to within 2k but just cannot get over!

The 500k due marker is the worst.

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I started playing the game yesterday and beat the game yesterday, on my first try.

Maybe I got lucky, but I seem to have stumbled across the secret to winning easily. I was a little worried that I wouldn't meet 500,000 at first, but halfway through the week it became apparent that I was going to win.

The most important thing above all else is raising your level. This way the stores will sell higher level items which lead to bigger profits more quickly. I learned how best to keep everyone satisfied and keep the combo going, and the game was simple after that.

The last two weeks I don't think I ever went into a dungeon, I just bought low and sold high on a bunch of items worth 10 to 30 thousand.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited July 2011
    Yup, the key is to sell a lot cheap, just to keep the combo going.

Satsumomo on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Yup, the key is to sell a lot cheap, just to keep the combo going.
    Not only that, but the more sweet spot sales you make, the higher you level up your customers, which means they can afford more expensive items.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Beat the game on my first try, although that included lots of save scumming. Stocking up on watermelons when they're cheap, and then selling watermelons exclusively at double price when there's a failed harvest feels so wrong but so right. And then the watermelon market crashed, but I had other food to sell.

Chrono Helix on
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dudes, I don't know if anyone here as seen this yet but...

http://www.carpefulgur.com/drakblog/?p=17

Indie As Fuck? hell yeah.
    So. Just as announced at AnimeExpo – Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone is Carpe Fulgur’s Project Three. You may recall that we were previously uncertain if this project was actually possible. I am happy to report that all issues have been worked out with Lizsoft and that work is now proceeding apace, to the point where we already have a build in-house with interface elements 90%+ in English and only in need of debug and a further editing pass; all of the “events” in the prologue/demo are also now fully rendered into English, and need only minor editing before they are ready for primetime. Progress has been rapid since the deal was reached. Expect more screenshots Damn Soon™.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/#!/SpaceDrakeCF/status/87668291551756288

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    edited July 2011
    oh dang that looks totes adorbs
    While we can’t commit to an exact release date just yet, we’re targeting a November-to-early-December release window and are pretty confident about making that.
    ffffffffffffffffffff
    The demo will be out in a September-to-October timeframe, circumstances depending.
    for people that care about demos

edit- oh crap chantelise out by the end of the month? finally. been waiting so long for CF updates. and now we get two. yay

edit 2 -
    fs_shot4.jpg

sword comes out her right shoulder in the sprite, but comes out of her left shoulder in the profile. immersion ruined.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Two things, Always have hats, ALWAYS! And I still suck sooo much at selling, stuck at 200k Marker.

Who-Psyd on
    edited July 2011
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Two things, Always have hats, ALWAYS! And I still suck sooo much at selling, stuck at 200k Marker.

Watch the weekly status messages, they give clues as to what is in demand. For example, if people want Longswords then buy a bunch and stock your windows with Longswords. You get a flood of buyers.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Isn't that what the game they wanted to do originally, but they couldn't so they took Recettear instead?

Then that got massive word of mouth on here and just about everywhere else and they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Kelor on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I will buy anything they put out forevers.

Magic Pink on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Goddamnit why is it so hard to sell to little girls? They won't even take 80% of base price.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Goddamnit why is it so hard to sell to little girls? They won't even take 80% of base price.

If you give customers good deals, their 'wallet' gets bigger. It's kind of a hidden stat. You know it's increasing when they show hearts after a deal.

If someone flat can't afford it, they won't buy it no matter what kind of discount you're giving. Little girls will buy at 104% so she must not be able to afford it period.

captaink on
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

AFAIK, everyone will pay at least full price but only if they have enough money. They only try to buy things that they don't have enough money for when you are suggesting an item based on their needs.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Chantelise placeholder site open. The link on the bottom may or may not be really damn awesome.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Well I know what I am doing tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    ...July 29!?

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Not totally loving the way this handles on the keyboard.

Not even liking it really.

But it's workable.

Looking forward to fortune summoners more, but chantelise is still rather interesting.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    Not totally loving the way this handles on the keyboard.

Not even liking it really.

But it's workable.

Looking forward to fortune summoners more, but chantelise is still rather interesting.

Does it have controller support? If so, problem solved.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Well, I don't have a usable PC controller.

So not really solved for me. :P

But yeah it seems like it does.

• MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    Does it have controller support? If so, problem solved.
    It has full XInput support, and plays infinitely better with a dual-stick controller. It does suffer from being designed to be keyboard-compatible, though. There are a handful of control quirks and camera issues that wouldn't have been if it were made for gamepads from the ground-up.

The game would have also lent itself well to keyboard and mouse controls, using the mouse to rotate the camera similar to a gamepad's right stick; left-click to melee, right-click for spells. A GlovePIE script could likely emulate this decently, but I have little experience emulating gamepad movements with the mouse.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:

You have PSN in your sig, so you do, you just don't know it yet. Look up Motioninjoy. It basically lets you use a PS3 controller to emulate a 360 controller on a PC (well, that's the basic use for it, you can do other stuff too). Options for using the wire you charge your controller with or going wireless with bluetooth.

I don't really care if this is good or not (but judging from youtube videos it looks like fun! tonight demo GET), I'll be buying it anyway to support the effort to port more Japanese stuff.

Capture.jpg~original
    Corpekata wrote:
    Antihippy wrote:

You have PSN in your sig, so you do, you just don't know it yet. Look up Motioninjoy. It basically lets you use a PS3 controller to emulate a 360 controller on a PC (well, that's the basic use for it, you can do other stuff too). Options for using the wire you charge your controller with or going wireless with bluetooth.

I did try it a few times but from what I've remembered I have completely failed to understand it everytime.

Also I'm not sure if the controller setup is completely different but the camera is controlled by a button anyway, so I'm not sure if a controller would help too much.

• MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    The camera is controlled by the right analogue stick with a controller (very similar to the GameCube Zelda titles), and you use the right analogue stick to also cycle through targets when locked on.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Hrm, Steam is updating Recettear for me at this moment, can't really find any info on what it's actually updating. Anyone know?