As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] is now FREE!! You have no excuse not to play. Meet the Medic in OP!!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Have cooler keys, all I ask is for uber update sets (such as the complete demo knight, or the complete scout #1 fan).

Goose! on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    But that isn't a good deal at all.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    But that isn't a good deal at all.

Oh is there a system? I was not aware and don't give a fuck. They turn into regular keys on the 11th anyway

Goose! on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The system is nobody is dumb enough to trade $16 worth of weapons for a $2.50 key. Or if there is, please give me their phone number as I have some UFO abduction insurance to sell them.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    well there could be some people that have a spare set of weapons and they don't want to spend money on the game

i'm assuming it is hard to arrange weapons for keys trades in other channels, i don't know if that is true

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i'm single-handedly filling up job's server, the drama chamber.
    you
    are
    so
    fat

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rami, the difference is I can craft/get from drops $16 worth of weapons. I cannot get free keys, which in turn give me mailboxes

Also, Tomislav is super imba. Or maybe its just heavy in general

CangoFett on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So apparently the Tomislav is the new Natascha. So we can expect that after a few more months Valve will give in to the bitching and nerf it.

Gaslight on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    A few short clips:

Made this for the summer ticket today. Pirat is the demoman with superb sticky placement, but terrible taunt positioning. I am the overaggressive medic.

Small victories

I think Platypus thinks this went unnoticed:

Hey, Platypus, watch out for that

Worth it. You can probably guess who the medic is.

The Goose is

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
    edited July 2011
    That is why I dislike kritzkrieg

Goose! on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TF2 is doing odd things to my network. Sometimes when I'm refreshing the server browser, it knocks out my Internet access.

wut?

Toldo on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So apparently the Tomislav is the new Natascha. So we can expect that after a few more months Valve will give in to the bitching and nerf it.

It's already been nerfed, it's way worse than it was before. Hardly even seems worth it to me now.

Zek on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Zek wrote: »

It's already been nerfed, it's way worse than it was before. Hardly even seems worth it to me now.

I'm not really sure what makes it so great. The quicker reaction time is certainly nice, but it's straight-up weaker compared to Sasha. I guess the lack of a minigun spin noise is helpful in certain ambush situations but that's hardly something that's going to be a game-changer very often. Nevertheless, I will admit to doing very well with it since I found it, although I think the effect may be partially psychological.

But they nerfed Natascha a couple of times and people kept whining too, until they finally came up with the current version through the beta. And now I don't think I've seen a single Natascha Heavy since I started playing again. Seems to be roughly equally divided between Sasha and Tomislav with a few Brass Beasts.

Gaslight on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm not really sure what makes it so great. The quicker reaction time is certainly nice, but it's straight-up weaker compared to Sasha.

The heavy's "weakness" has traditionally been the caution he has to take in committing to a fight. The spin up time along with his slow speed meant he had to be really sure he could win a fight before diving into the fray. The Tomislav completely broke that.. he can start shooting almost immediately.

There's also the issue of DPS.. if two heavies are standing toe to toe, one with the Tomi, and one with Sasha, and they both press fire at the same time, the Tomi heavy will win every time.

xzzy on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    edit

oops, posted in the wrong thread..

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

But they nerfed Natascha a couple of times and people kept whining too, until they finally came up with the current version through the beta. And now I don't think I've seen a single Natascha Heavy since I started playing again. Seems to be roughly equally divided between Sasha and Tomislav with a few Brass Beasts.

Depends on the map, honestly. Sometimes on D I'll bust out Nat. Or on CTF maps to snare flag-running scoots.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mts wrote: »
    have to say now that spacechem has clicked a little bit, its my surprise pick of the sale. i am loving the intricacies you can pull off once you get a idea of the way things can work.

i am finding myself using similar tricks on different levels, which might bite me in the ass as i get further
    I would probably trade you a hat for the FISHCAKE when you get one, mts.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I would probably trade you a hat for the FISHCAKE when you get one, mts.
    just add me and shoot me a message on steam, profile is in my sig

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • verbelverbel Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm getting back into this so I will be seeing you on on the PA servers. I just got out of a match and man am I bad.. I think a few of my team mates said a few things to me, but I was trying to get used to things so sorry if I was ignoring you. Great fun over all. I wish I had played more earlier to get stuff.

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »

quoting this from the last page because...wow.

You are an inspiration to us all, spectre.

hatedinamerica on
    edited July 2011
    so is there a big update getting released today? it is downloading a 3GB thing right now for me and its taking forever

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I made a vidja! yaaay.
    Ninjaneer!

SniperGuy on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who wants a Luchadore mask

Zen Vulgarity on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who wants a Luchadore mask

If you're just giving it out, sure. Why not?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I never stated "who wants a luchadore mask for no payment" or "I am giving away a luchadore mask"

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited July 2011
    zen i want you

undeinPirat on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I never stated "who wants a luchadore mask for no payment" or "I am giving away a luchadore mask"

well then

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited July 2011
    I would like a Luchadore mask. Not everything is for trade but I have this stuff:

http://www.tf2items.com/id/zek

Zek on
    edited July 2011
    You can never play scout again in a game I'm in would be fair

Zen Vulgarity on
  • LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lokiamis on
  • Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You didn't taunt?

Bruce Forsyth on
    edited July 2011
    I only taunt when I get unavoidable sticky trap kills

Lokiamis on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Good lord, you flail worse than I do.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    edited July 2011
    first tip for pro melee: don't swing when there isn't a dude in front of you

Zek on
    edited July 2011
    I just hold down m1 as demoman and get free kills all day so I was a bit confused

Lokiamis on
    edited July 2011
    you should try out heavy, it's a hard class but i think you can pull it off loki

undeinPirat on
    edited July 2011
    I made a gimmick heavy loadout with shit weapons so now I can never play him again

Lokiamis on