As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Internet Romancin'

FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's HenchmanLand of OooRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Social Entropy++
Sometimes you are lonely, and you want to talk to people who might be interested in kissing you. Luckily, there are websites for that!

Here is one: VXCYp.jpg

And here is another: un0DS.jpg

Let's help one another in crafting profiles that reflect us at our best, so that we can find people who like us! Also let's talk about how we are doing in our quests for affection.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
FactorySquirrel on

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    i met my long term girlfriend on okcupid
    3 years
    i want to fuck her sister, just to spice things up

Kusuguttai on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Here we go

again.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I do not believe in internet dating

natek on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I met Kusu on the internet.

Blake T on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so I've been exchanging messages with this girl. We're like four or five messages into it. I notice that she's changed her status from "single" to "seeing someone". She didn't say anything about it in her latest message. I asked her about it, but I did so clumsily. I am awaiting response.

Tell me what is happening. Things are going on, but I am not connecting the dots. Assist me.

FactorySquirrel on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    I met Kusu on the internet.

we've never met
    i've met your lady though

she squeezed my butt, then almost got me thrown out of my hotel room

classy, all the way

Kusuguttai on
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so I've been exchanging messages with this girl. We're like four or five messages into it. I notice that she's changed her status from "single" to "seeing someone". She didn't say anything about it in her latest message. I asked her about it, but I did so clumsily. I am awaiting response.

Tell me what is happening. Things are going on, but I am not connecting the dots. Assist me.

you have messaged a girl four times and think you might be dating her
    that is what is happening

natek on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    natek wrote: »

No, no. I do not think I am dating her. I know I am not dating her. But if she's dating someone, shouldn't she be like "Hey, let's stop this, 'cause I found a dude, and I don't need to see if I like you anymore."

FactorySquirrel on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

You are neck deep in a Seinfeld episode.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited July 2011

No, no. I do not think I am dating her. I know I am not dating her. But if she's dating someone, shouldn't she be like "Hey, let's stop this, 'cause I found a dude, and I don't need to see if I like you anymore."

that is assuming she only talks to people she is dating
    she could easily be looking for any kind of relationship

natek on
    edited July 2011

that is assuming she only talks to people she is dating
    she could easily be looking for any kind of relationship

Good point. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that she wants to be my friend?

FactorySquirrel on
    edited July 2011
    maybe, unless she is the one that assumes four messages equates to dating

if that is the case...you know what to do

natek on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Talking to people on OKC is exactly as tedious as talking to them in person.

Shorty on
    edited July 2011

I do know what to do if that is the case! :D

Let's call that "the best-case scenario". I am not so full of myself that I think it is the most likely outcome, but I'm confident enough to acknowledge its possibility.

FactorySquirrel on
    edited July 2011
    do it in the butt

natek on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Shorty wrote: »

But usually talking to people is a blast

unless they are vapid and boring. Which actually doesn't happen all that often.

sarukun on
    edited July 2011

I do know what to do if that is the case! :D

Let's call that "the best-case scenario". I am not so full of myself that I think it is the most likely outcome, but I'm confident enough to acknowledge its possibility.

The secret to getting women is to be that full of yourself 24 hours a day.

I don't know how it works, but it absolutely does, even if you are like 50-75% kidding.

sarukun on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    sarukun wrote: »

Whatever world you inhabit is one I would love to be a part of.

Shorty on
    edited July 2011
    I talk to many interesting people during the week
    just pick the right people to talk to

natek on
    edited July 2011
    sarukun wrote: »

Whatever world you inhabit is one I would love to be a part of.

Los Angeles is pretty dope.

Orange County has been pretty good to me too.

sarukun on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    do it in the butt

There was once a time when "stick it in da butt" was the standard response to any question asked in SE++.

I do not miss those times.

Butler on
    edited July 2011
    don't lie, butler
    you solve all your problems by sticking it in the butt

natek on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    don't lie, butler

Yeah but I resented being told that

like it wasn't the very first solution I tried.

Butler on
    edited July 2011
    Butler wrote: »
    don't lie, butler

Yeah but I resented being told that

like it wasn't the very first solution I tried.

I... I've had this conversation. For real. o_o (I was in natek's place.)

FactorySquirrel on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've met a really nice girl through OKC, we're A Thing now and it's going ok.

Let me tell you, there was some shocking dates before this one, I can tell you. Hoo boy

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I thought Rolo had these threads on lockdown

might post my profile later on

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I posted mine and boom, 40 dudes from Canada and the US creeping on me. I got no advice so the only logical conclusion is that my profile was perfect in every conceivable way

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited July 2011
    I got a message literally right after I'd finished rewriting my profile complimenting how good it was which was kinda weird

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That's pretty cool Berk

Unless it was a dirty Tory who messaged you

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I met a dude on the internet. He turned out to be a jealous and possessive and all-round terrible guy.

Then I met another dude on the internet. He's pretty cool.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    edited July 2011
    What?!

Does Blake know about this pretty cool dude

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    my internet dating experiences kind of went to a weird place, so I kind of gave up on it, and stuck to regular people

Raneados on
    edited July 2011
    it was pretty hilarious how frustrated I was getting when I compared the woman in Canada to the women in Scotland on Okcupid for the most part.

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I can't get dates in real life or the internet.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    What?!

Does Blake know about this pretty cool dude
    I made the same comment Ed.

Blake T on
    edited July 2011
    I was genuinely surprised at the amount pretty ladies using OKC in Perth. I went into online dating thinking it was for the dateless and desperate but I was pleasantly surprised.

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited July 2011
    Berk wrote: »
    it was pretty hilarious how frustrated I was getting when I compared the woman in Canada to the women in Scotland on Okcupid for the most part.

Check out Carlisle.

Unless this is a situation where it turns out all the nice women came out of the woodwork in time for me to nuke my account

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Everyone knows our story. End of story.

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    edited July 2011
    Ed since we are talking about Internet dating how is liiya and your engagement going?

Blake T on
    edited July 2011
    I thought that was Fyndir's thing Blake. How very witty! It never gets old!

@HB: It's a nice story, though. Just sayin'.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
This discussion has been closed.