As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Dinner 2011 - *SOLD OUT!!!!*

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Finagling my finances just right, I believe I can go! And! Dragging The Boyfriend with me as well (bwhahahhahahahaha!) So, as soon as I get my computer back from my sister.

Edit while still typing: Got the computer back.

One for ze chickon and one for ze veggie (I like tortellini! Don't judge)

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Beef log beef log what a treat! A hefty hunk of processed meat. Dipped in mustard, oh what joy! I'm a jolly beef log boy. Hot or spicy mild or plain, I even eat the cellophane. I'll even share some with my dog cause we both love beef log.

Meat group?
    Meat group.

Now for the party wagon that is the Tri-Wizard to open up and my extracurricular PAX activities will be all sussed out. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cronus wrote: »
    Every year I have no idea how I or anyone I drink with for that matter gets up Friday morning. Especially us who get up early for one reason or another. And now you're just trying to make it that much worse beta.

Beta has a point though, might as well get primed for the main event while the food is there, as there will be nothing to cushion the blow later in the evening.

Cronus pace himself?! That I'd like to see...

I guess it boils down to whether or not I drink along with you.

I also just bought my ticket. I'm now officially on for pulled pork.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'll be buying a ticket next week. Bought my 2,600$ ticket from japan today, and that hurt...So I'll have to hold off till next friday. Save me a meat ticket! lol

Chazzon on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If ticket sales continue to go bonkers, I'll talk to Barca and see if we can get a couple of the downstairs tables totally reserved for us.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    beta_angel wrote: »
    If ticket sales continue to go bonkers, I'll talk to Barca and see if we can get a couple of the downstairs tables totally reserved for us.

Are you thinking of selling more tickets than we can fit people upstairs? I'd hate to have some people be stuck away from the main group. It would be weird seeing them below. Like lepers we've cast out into the wilderness.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    If it's possible, what I think would most likely happen is that we'd have a mass majority of the bar with a few tables for the regulars not associated with us.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    If it's possible, what I think would most likely happen is that we'd have a mass majority of the bar with a few tables for the regulars not associated with us.

What do you mean have a majority of the bar? The bar downstairs? I'm mainly concerned with where people will be seated while eating. That is where people seat their stuff, buttons, and where they spend a lot of time with friends. I don't want us to be split over the multiple levels of Barca. It feels like that would be a bad experience for whoever gets stuck below.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    No, the majority of Barca. There will be plenty of seating, people can move about as they need.

Don't worry your pretty little head, Cronus. It's all good, sir.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm conflicted..On one hand, cheap food... On the other, stairs.

Hmmm.

parabola on
  • Options
    pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Curses 21+ !!!!!! you lied! O_O <----sad face

pillarofdawn on
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I know it's a shame, Pillar. At least we can all take amazing heart that BA tried her best! Events are super hard to plan and the alternative was nothing at all, so I feel like I'll be owing somebody a large, platonic and not at all uncomfortable hug.

Though I keep seeing BA and thinking AB which makes me think Alton Brown which makes me hungry.....

Curse you BA!

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    I know it's a shame, Pillar. At least we can all take amazing heart that BA tried her best! Events are super hard to plan and the alternative was nothing at all, so I feel like I'll be owing somebody a large, platonic and not at all uncomfortable hug.

Though I keep seeing BA and thinking AB which makes me think Alton Brown which makes me hungry.....

Curse you BA!
    Beta_angel's a dude. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

redhalo on
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Curse you BA!

Am I the only one that wants to be Alton Brown when they grow up?

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    savagehart wrote: »
    Am I the only one that wants to be Alton Brown when they grow up?

No. No, you are not.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    redhalo wrote: »
    Beta_angel's a dude. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Well, as far as you know. ;) *teehee*.

Also, pillarofdawn, I know and as I said...I apologize profusely. I wish it weren't this way and I did do my absolute best...it just wasn't meant to be this year. :(

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ....... I swear I heard somebody refer to BA as 'She.' ....... Ahem. Or maybe it's wishful thinking because BA is the sort of woman I wish I could be? *digging in deep* Er... Or something? I've got nothing. Sorry. Nope. Nothing.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    ....... I swear I heard somebody refer to BA as 'She.' ....... Ahem. Or maybe it's wishful thinking because BA is the sort of woman I wish I could be? *digging in deep* Er... Or something? I've got nothing. Sorry. Nope. Nothing.

There are two BAs. BrokenAngel = she, beta_angel = he. No relation.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Z, you're a freaking genius. I think that's what I did. Great! Mystery solved! Everybody. Breath a sigh of relief. I've been sorted. I know we were all concerned about this issue, that it weighed heavily on all of us. We can now be confident in the fact that Menolly knows there are two people where once there was one. Brilliant! Note to self: Buy beta_angel a drink at PrePAX Dinner. And yes, I mean it. A manly drink. No froo-froo, girlie crap. Because beta_angel is a MAN!

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ah damn sorry to hear its a 21+ event. damn these inconsistent international drinking ages!

tokyodove on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Menolly do all the men get a drink? Because, well...

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Menolly do all the men get a drink? Because, well...

That is an interesting question... because well, you know.....

But I was under the impression that it was just an offer to guys she called girls <shrug>

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    But..but...I *like* froo froo drinks. :(

also, a pint of bitburger will suffice. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    But..but...I *like* froo froo drinks. :(

also, a pint of bitburger will suffice. :D

As long as all five fingers hold the glass you're good.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok..... Everybody wants a drink. That will get kind of... Expensive. And I do plan to attend the Triwizard.

Here's what I'll do. I'll buy a round for FIVE males, counting BA. We all drink the same thing. So six people total. Froo-froo. Shot. Beer. Whatevs. You have to be male. You have to PM me. The first FOUR males to PM RSVP me will be on the "list."

Here's the "catch." You have to pin to your shirt, tie to your wrist or wear in your hair a pink bow to 'claim' your drink at a TBD time during the PPD. Hot pink. Light pink. Ribbon. Barrette. Has to be pink. Girlie is good.

K? K.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    bkrobinbkrobin Roseburg, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just got tickets, I can't wait to meet new people at the dinner!

bkrobin on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If I were married to the Pre-PAX Dinner, this would be our wooden anniversary.

Sadly I can't think of anything to get it for such an auspicious occasion. Instead I shall get beta_angel (and myself) a liquid that was aged in wood. That should cover all the bases.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    BlackDragon, I will gladly drink!

Drink.

Also, RedHalo? If you're going to Head of House, plz Death Eaters kthx.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok..... Everybody wants a drink. That will get kind of... Expensive. And I do plan to attend the Triwizard.

Here's what I'll do. I'll buy a round for FIVE males, counting BA. We all drink the same thing. So six people total. Froo-froo. Shot. Beer. Whatevs. You have to be male. You have to PM me. The first FOUR males to PM RSVP me will be on the "list."

Here's the "catch." You have to pin to your shirt, tie to your wrist or wear in your hair a pink bow to 'claim' your drink at a TBD time during the PPD. Hot pink. Light pink. Ribbon. Barrette. Has to be pink. Girlie is good.

K? K.

You are evil. I like that. If I can figure out the PM thingie, I'm in.

Did I mention that I'm a "Stay at home dad" of twin 5 y.o. girls? Or that when they were babies, I carried a hot pink "hello kitty" diaper bag?

Gotta run and try to get the girls to loan me a pink barrette.
    bwahahahahaha

savagehart on
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If you guys want in on an even bigger sekrit, BrokenAngel is also a dude. #trufax

also, tix get!

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    peetsnack wrote: »
    If you guys want in on an even bigger sekrit, BrokenAngel is also a dude. #trufax

also, tix get!

A secret dude? behind all his/her female disguise?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

also, tix get!

Wow. Pumping out all those cute kidlets must have hhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuurrrrrrttttt.

Unless you meant she is a man mentally, then that totally makes sense. We all have mental penises.

Anywho! Moving back to the subject...

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just about half the tickets for the Dinner are gone!!! If you're waffling on coming (mmm...waffles), you might want to waffle in the direction of cool people and get your ticket *now*.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    SilverspudSilverspud Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wish I'd known about this sooner. Already made a reservation at the Space Needle that night.

Silverspud on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

also, tix get!

Wow. Pumping out all those cute kidlets must have hhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuurrrrrrttttt.

Unless you meant she is a man mentally, then that totally makes sense. We all have mental penises.

Anywho! Moving back to the subject...

Really? I guess I should reveal myself to be a dude too. Boy won't Peet be surprised!!! And hubby's a lady!

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    First PAX Prime since I've been going that I wont be at this... Sucks that its 21+...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    LTAcosta, as I've said numerous times, it does suck. I did my best and apparently it just wasn't good enough.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I know, I wasn't blaming you. Just disappointed.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, I'm the one to blame for this one. I had to make a decision, it was either 21+ or no Dinner. I'm disappointed as well. My intention was to continue the tradition of keeping the Dinner going for everybody, it just wasn't viable this year.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If BA is a dude that is by far the best plastic surgery i've ever seen.

parabola on