As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Uh, late, but !Pablo_price?

(Being filled in would be rad.)

pablo_price was voted for by Lucedes as a placeholder/throwaway. Savant then came and voted for him, not trusting his voting record and believing him to be playing under the radar. At that point, I voted for pablo_price because he and I were then tied in Second with 2 votes each and I didn't like that--one, I was tied for second (too close for comfort!) and two, having ties within the first three vote-earners is dangerous. It was early in the day, but I took the first chance I had at self-preservation.

Since then, it's sort of been a bandwagon to keep pablo_price in second, I think largely due to growing momentum and maybe some people following Savant's instincts (since he may have extra information). JaysonFour is still well in the lead, there's a solid second (pablo_price), and Witch Doctor, DBM is in third but there are a bunch of us tied with one vote after that. I don't think it would come to that at least, since we're in 4th place, all us one-vote folk.

Personally, I voted for PP because

1. When I voted, there was a huge bandwagon on JaysonFour and not much vote distribution otherwise, and I wanted a solid second place to be established.

2. Savant is the only one that we know for a fact is trustworthy right now, so I figure voting with him is safe.

I agree with this reasoning. I was just more explaining how pablo_price got started, since it's always handy to know what went on at the beginning of a bandwagon.

Myself, I was worried Savant might be using the pablo_price wagon to flush out Mafia looking for an "easy play" following the safety of a confirmed goodie, but I had to take the shot at self-preservation anyway. Hopefully it all shakes out well in an hour or so.

LaOs on
  • LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh, son of a landlord. I'm so friggin' confused.

Let's say... pablo_price? We don't really want any more ties; that would suck. And a good second place is always good (though repetitively redundant). :P

Fun fact: the word repetitive is kind of repetitive :)

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    oh yeah

my placeholder vote starts a bandwagon

on a villager

i bet

This is how it always goes!

and you know what else it is?

suspicious

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    speaking of bandwagons

Jaysonfour

I'm also launching a crusade on wireless internet thankfully it came back before vote close!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited July 2011
    At this point [edited, after The Cow King's post], we have JaysonFour in the lead with 17 votes.

pablo_price is in second place with 10 votes.

Witch Doctor, DBM is in third place with 4 votes.

There are 10 players in fourth place with 1 vote each (myself and TehSpectre the notables among them)

As of [strike]LemmingHand's vote in #843[/strike] [edited, The Cow King's vote in #845], 12 players have not yet voted today. There were 9 players who did not vote on Day 2. Six people did not vote on Day 1. 815165 has not voted any of the days (Didn't 815165 withdraw, Lady Eri?. Fiaryn and garroad_ran didn't vote Day 2 and haven't voted Day 3 yet. (I think garroad_ran posted today talking about that, though.). Finally, MyDcmbr did not vote Day 1 or Day 2, but he's voted Day 3 and posted something about his absence I think. The rest of the non-votes are sort of random. 12 out of 52 players alive today have not yet voted today, though.

[Edit]
    Basically, we should not need any more votes on pablo_price to ensure there's a good gap between first and second.

LaOs on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    everyone vote for each other and commit ritual suicide by vote

Zandracon on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    One of my contacts was suspicious of pablo_price, so the vote was because we found him a bit suspicious and I wanted to see how people would respond to it. I wanted to build up some more information and vote records instead of just a mass bandwagon on jaysonfour that unfortunately has a good chance of hitting another villager IMO. Jaysonfour has a habit of making some really stupid plays as a villager then being completely oblivious to the fact that he did something that people might find questionable.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the number of people with one vote on them at the moment.

Savant on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    daniant

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2011
    Savant wrote: »
    One of my contacts was suspicious of pablo_price, so the vote was because we found him a bit suspicious and I wanted to see how people would respond to it. I wanted to build up some more information and vote records instead of just a mass bandwagon on jaysonfour that unfortunately has a good chance of hitting another villager IMO. Jaysonfour has a habit of making some really stupid plays as a villager then being completely oblivious to the fact that he did something that people might find questionable.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the number of people with one vote on them at the moment.

Totally understandable.

With romanqwerty's drive-by on daniant, that makes it 11 people in 4th place with a single vote for each. (This is not the only time romanqwerty's thrown a strange vote in with other, more understandable voting trends going on, and then offering no explanation/disappearing.)

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    I'm roleplaying zandracon.

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2011
    I'm roleplaying zandracon.

Not enough "Tee hee~", needs some work.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    wait damnit. I forgot the

~~

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2011
    Jinx!

LaOs on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I guess I'll shore up the JaysonFour wagon, although I might as well be voting for anyone at random because I don't have any particular inkling one way or the other.

garroad_ran on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't remember him withdrawing, and without Search I can't really know without effort. Does anyone know if he withdrew?

Lady Eri on
    edited July 2011
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    I don't remember him withdrawing, and without Search I can't really know without effort. Does anyone know if he withdrew?

Magic Box to the rescue! Post #198, withdraws due to changing plans for the weekend.

LaOs on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    In case I eat it tonight, Lemminghead has consistently popped into the thread saying how confused he was and such. Every night.

He passed LaOs up on my radar as #1 suspicious dude.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Yay!

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Isn't LemmingHead a 'she'?

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2011
    Jeez, you guys going to make me go into shenanigan prevention mode? I am disappoint.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    Why would I know this?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    garroad_ran is on the suspicious lissssst

Zandracon on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    In case I eat it tonight, Lemminghead has consistently popped into the thread saying how confused he was and such. Every night.

As Lemming's my rival in 1k Blank Cards, I feel obligated to mention that she's a she.

Well, now you doubly know.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2011
    I refuse to differentiate between genders when referring to people as dude.

Everyone is a dude.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dood?

etnaop4.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2011
    Jeez, you guys going to make me go into shenanigan prevention mode? I am disappoint.

What shenanigans?

If the Mafia take out #1 (JaysonFour) and #2 (pablo_price), Witch Doctor, DBM dies easily at #3 to the vote. There's no risk of the vote trickling to the huge tie (12 people after Zandracon's vote there!) tied at one vote each.

Unless the Vigilantes are going to take out #1, #2, or #3. That seems ridiculously dangerous though.

Still, to keep a huge 4th place tie from happening, I'll make a tiny 4th place tie. I'll retract pablo_price and vote for daniant, largely to save the 12-person tie in 4th and partially because I was already curious/suspicious of him. I really don't think it's going to come down to fourth place though.

LaOs on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i want the ultra dessert~~

fetch it, penguins.

Lucedes on
    edited July 2011
    vote for daniant I meant.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    SHENANIGAN PREVENTION MODE!

Retract pablo_price, vote Void slayer. As much fun as it would be for a trickle down to wipe out a whole bunch of people all with one vote on them, I'd rather make sure that doesn't happen unless we know for sure there's a bunch of mafia lurking down there.

I'd like another vote or two on void slayer if you'd please. Not saying he's bad or not, but we really need to stretch this out more.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    Dood?

etnaop4.png

Something like that, I'm sure. :P

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Ugh, now we have a tie for folks with TWO votes on them. Can I get a void slayer vote please?

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    !Pablo_Price

!Void Slayer

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    !Void slayer ?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ugh, now we have a tie for folks with TWO votes on them. Can I get a void slayer vote please?

pablo price

Void Slayer

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    At this point 5 people would need to die for the vote to trickle down.

I think we're safe.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    SHENANIGAN PREVENTION MODE!

Retract pablo_price, vote Void slayer. As much fun as it would be for a trickle down to wipe out a whole bunch of people all with one vote on them, I'd rather make sure that doesn't happen unless we know for sure there's a bunch of mafia lurking down there.

I'd like another vote or two on void slayer if you'd please. Not saying he's bad or not, but we really need to stretch this out more.

I think you were typing while I was posting, but like I said, I don't think we have much reason to fear the vote falling to the large 4th place tie. It's now a 5th place tie... Well, a fourth place and fifth place, until I do this:

retract daniant and vote for Void Slayer

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    I'm watching you, LaOs

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Good, that should be enough. I don't think the mafia would have been able to pull off dropping the vote down that far, I just want to be as careful as possible while we are in the not so good position that we are in now.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    !Void slayer ?

cj, Lady Eri is requiring retractions still, so you need to retract your vote for pablo_price first before voting for Void Slayer.

I would actually recommend against it, because it's coming very close to a Void Slayer tie with pablo_price.

LaOs on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am not changing the rules mid-phalla.

Lady Eri on