As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I'm watching you, LaOs

Watch me like a hawk. It's cool. I'm just a Villager trying to ensure we have as much information as possible.

As of Post #880, we have this:

JaysonFour - 18
    pablo_price - 6
    Void Slayer - 5
    Witch Doctor, DBM - 4

and then a bunch of people at one vote each.

We should be safe from shenanigans.

LaOs on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    eri is clearly mafia

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    I am not changing the rules mid-phalla.

You can do whatever you like, it's your Phalla. I was just reminding cj of what the rule was.

LaOs on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    anyway, if I die, I hope we at least get some decent vote data from today.

SaraLuna on
    edited July 2011
    eri is clearly mafia

I know I don't trust her. ;)

LaOs on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Alright, just no more ties and let's end this day.

Savant on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Voting Closed, I think.

Lady Eri on
    edited July 2011
    Phew! Looks like we made it, there. A quick vote for Void Slayer could have brought about a 2nd Place Tie, but that would have been hella suspicious.

LaOs on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jaysonfour

Shit I forgot to vote, that is who I would have voted for though.

Langly on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Day Four - Doom

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot - Vigilante killed by the Mafia
    Romanqwerty - Seer killed by the Mafia
    CJ Iwakura - Mafia killed by Vigilante
    Jaysonfour - Villager killed by vote
    Witch Doctor, DBM - Villager killed by Vigilante

One guardian protected Egos, though he was not attacked.
    One guardian protected Savant, though he was not attacked.

Lady Eri on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Apparently the village word of the day is "Baaaa!" Bunch of sheep...

See you next bandwagon, I guess... :)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think that's a fair trade, don't you?

Quite. Ooo.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2011
    Really? Really mafia you killed those two? Oh for fucks sake. One of my contacts really shouldn't have lied to me too, we could have prevented some of that.

At least I totally called CJ Iwakura being a baddie. And you can see why I was a bit paranoid, since witch doctor was getting vigged.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    :(

Lucky strikes or compromised network?

Either way... dang.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Savant wrote: »
    Really? Really mafia you killed those two? Oh for fucks sake. One of my contacts really shouldn't have lied to me too, we could have prevented some of that.

At least I totally called CJ Iwakura being a baddie. And you can see why I was a bit paranoid, since witch doctor was getting vigged.

Which was made pretty clear, really... I didn't want to come right out and say it though, in case there were Mafia online who hadn't noticed. cj iwakura was online, for example.

Well, at least we got one. Nine left. 18.75% of the population.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    LaOs wrote: »
    :(

Lucky strikes or compromised network?

Either way... dang.

Totally lucky strikes. I wasn't told that roman was the seer, which really would have helped when choosing the guard assignments. Well, at least all my contacts have proven themselves, though we've got two dead specials now.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    ...Savant. It is somewhat disconcerting that a bunch of specials contacted you tonight and now two of them are dead.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I refuse to differentiate between genders when referring to people as dude.

Everyone is a dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr5TR8_Zws

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dunno about that. If he was a mafia infiltrator, you'd think they'd take a day or two to have the vigs kill off a bunch of villagers before arising suspisions.

garroad_ran on
    edited July 2011
    ...Savant. It is somewhat disconcerting that a bunch of specials contacted you tonight and now two of them are dead.

Well, no one told me that romanqwerty was the seer, otherwise that's where the guard would have gone to.

Lucky mafia, I really want to hear how you figured out those targets once this is all over.

Savant on
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I find it hard to believe that both specials being killed by mafia are just "lucky".

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011

Could be an incredibly clever trick, since the Mafia attempted to kill Savant but were foiled by Guards.

Still, it's incredibly unfortunate.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    It is true, I would have had the vigs kill the guards and such.

Still it is extremely lucky that they nabbed both of those specials in one night.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't particularly like how the narrations reveal who was guarded, because it basically tells the mafia who the village specials are.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    It is true, I would have had the vigs kill the guards and such.

Still it is extremely lucky that they nabbed both of those specials in one night.

Basically this.

LaOs on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Again, how does this make any sense? Unless the guards are morons who soft-networked with Savant (or another mafia member) and were both convinced to guard him, why would the mafia target a kill on one of their own? And if the mafia were running the network, would they really sacrifice one of their own the first night they control that network?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    I don't particularly like how the narrations reveal who was guarded, because it basically tells the mafia who the village specials are.
    I think it is a neat change of pace.

!Lemminghead
    for reasons said a page or two back.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I think it is a neat change of pace.

!Lemminghead
    for reasons said a page or two back.

The mafia, being the informed minority, have enough information as it is.

I'm really looking forward to finding out why both guards picked Savant to guard on Day 1.

Baidol on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

After we found out about that mechanic night 1, I was really expecting at least one of the guards to network with someone by privately calling their guard through PM and having it confirmed by Lady Eri. There'd be the risk of contacting the mafia by mistake, but there were quite a few non-mafia players left after night 1. I guess this might actually have happened with Savant, we don't really know.

edit: Just noticed I called the guards "morons" for potentially soft-networking like two posts back. To the guards reading, note that I only consider you morons if you soft-networked with a mafioso. If you used that soft-network trick and it actually worked, mucho respect.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Well, apparently romanqwerty engineered a "brilliant" plan to misdirect me for some reason to prevent me from learning he was the seer, and now we've got to deal with the mess that's created. At least everyone else is reasonably confirmed.

Unfortunately Dread pirate arhbunot was the one who killed cj iwakura, and was the one who decided not to attack on day 1. Maybe that's how they guessed she was the vig for some meta reason, I don't know.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »

Again, how does this make any sense? Unless the guards are morons who soft-networked with Savant (or another mafia member) and were both convinced to guard him, why would the mafia target a kill on one of their own? And if the mafia were running the network, would they really sacrifice one of their own the first night they control that network?
    Do you really want to theorycraft with me Todd?

I am not out here directly accusing Savant of being mafia, however I think it is extremely convenient that the mafia get so lucky as to nab 2 specials the night that a bunch of people contact Savant. It would be silly not to look twice at things.

Note: I do not usually put these kind of suspicions out in the open because it makes me look crazy-paranoid, but it is the the same stuff that has served me well in past games. However, talking about it in the main thread would almost assuredly end in my demise by vote.
    Savant has been around the block. He is known as a trustworthy guy. All he needs to do is act noble and put forth an effort to make it seem he is being calculating and helpful towards the village. Guards will be drawn to him because he seems valuable. If he was mafia this could have been his plan and they could have gambled that the guards would be drawn to him without any other solid targets. With him being attacked by his own team and defended by guards it would put a lot of goodwill his way and get the specials to contact him.

By now, the mafia is riding high. Tons of villagers and a few specials dead. It wont look good that the mafia hits 2 specials tonight and Savant will be lynched...but maybe not if they offer up a mafia on a silver platter to one of the vigs.

I keep that shit out of the thread because it is farfetched as all hell, but I sure am going to point out that it is strange what happened last night. I don't need to defend that.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ugh.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited July 2011
    I know nothing of Savant and his history, so

Baidol on
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »

Do you really want to theorycraft with me Todd?

I am not out here directly accusing Savant of being mafia, however I think it is extremely convenient that the mafia get so lucky as to nab 2 specials the night that a bunch of people contact Savant. It would be silly not to look twice at things.

Note: I do not usually put these kind of suspicions out in the open because it makes me look crazy-paranoid, but it is the the same stuff that has served me well in past games. However, talking about it in the main thread would almost assuredly end in my demise by vote.
    Savant has been around the block. He is known as a trustworthy guy. All he needs to do is act noble and put forth an effort to make it seem he is being calculating and helpful towards the village. Guards will be drawn to him because he seems valuable. If he was mafia this could have been his plan and they could have gambled that the guards would be drawn to him without any other solid targets. With him being attacked by his own team and defended by guards it would put a lot of goodwill his way and get the specials to contact him.

By now, the mafia is riding high. Tons of villagers and a few specials dead. It wont look good that the mafia hits 2 specials tonight and Savant will be lynched...but maybe not if they offer up a mafia on a silver platter to one of the vigs.

I keep that shit out of the thread because it is farfetched as all hell, but I sure am going to point out that it is strange what happened last night. I don't need to defend that.

I might be smart or devious enough to concoct a plan like that but I doubt I would want to take such a big risk like that. And I doubt I would hand off cj iwakura if I was mafia too because if I had compromised the network and all of the specials it wouldn't matter in the least if I got voted off afterwards, because I would have more than accomplished my goal.

Anyways, if there is anyone who was in contact with romanqwerty that I haven't been notified about already, I want to hear it. I don't want to screw up forming the network any more than it already is.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    Just know that I am on to you, Savant.

You and your lieutenants, Lemonhead and LaOs.

And why didn't you have a vig hit me damnit.

There is already a ton of ill-will directed towards me and we are into day 4, the vote is going to be wasted on me soon.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I must apologize for being inactive today. Sunday has rarely ever been a good day for me to sit on the computer and try to think things out. I simply don't have the time. However, I should have made more of an effort to communicate that earlier. My apologies again.

Now onto the game. Isn't this interesting...

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    edited July 2011
    New phalla lesson!

TehSpectre is a classic example of "that guy". "That guy" will live until the end of the phalla because he causes confusion in the ranks, so the mafia won't kill him, and is also probably not mafia, so the village won't kill him.

Baidol on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    New phalla lesson!

TehSpectre is a classic example of "that guy". "That guy" will live until the end of the phalla because he causes confusion in the ranks, so the mafia won't kill him, and is also probably not mafia, so the village won't kill him.

See also: Zandracon

edit: well, I suppose he's kind of different. More "harmless and wacky"

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited July 2011
    Baidol, a lud, annoying, crazy dude is better than someone who only posts once or twice a day.

I don't think I've ever lived to the end of a game as a villager, so I dont expect it to happen this time, either.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    New phalla lesson!

See also: Zandracon

Zandracon is different in that Zandracon does not speak or discuss anything in any manner.

Baidol on