As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the restored pokethread for just about everyone

BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning.only bugs remainRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Social Entropy++
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/English_Pokémon_logo.svg[/img]

SHE LIVES

Yes indeed, the good ol' pokethread is back from her prolonged absence. And she needs you (yes, you), to fill her with exciting posts about good times in the world of pokemon.

Now, to answer some exciting questions about the pokemons

What is this pokemon you speak of?
a: get out

What's the latest pokemon news?
a: not much! Pokemon Black and White have been released to great success, but news of further games is scarce. A sequel to wiiware's Pokemon Rumble is coming to the 3ds, and some crappy iPhone app is releasing in Japan, but that's it. Rumors about remakes of ruby and sapphire remain unsubstantiated.

Don't you guys have a league or something?
a: Nope.

But I thought-

a:oh wait, looks like we do!

information below
k, set it up and i'll play

FRIDAY, AUGUST 5TH! PO-PO-PO-PO-POKEMON TOURNAMENT!!!

Or maybe it would be more appropriate to call it a ladder or something. Something half-way between a tournament and a league!

Anyway, starting August 5th, there will be VAGUELY ORGANIZED POKEMON PLAY!

Between then and now, you need to train between six and ten Pokemon! Wow!

These ten Pokemon will be the only ten you're allowed to use for the month, so pick guys you like! Your list will be visible to everybody, so everyone will know what pool you're working from but not which specific Pokemon you'll be bringing to a given fight. If you don't have a full roster of ten by August 5th, tough luck! It wouldn't be fair to let you add more guys to your roster after getting to see what everyone else is working with. Maybe people will bitch and whine about this rule enough to have it changed though! WHO KNOWS.

For the month of August, participants can play 36 points worth of games. Level 100 6 vs. 6 games are worth 3 points, and Level 50 3 vs. 3 games are worth 1 point. In other words, you can play either twelve 6v6 games or thirty-six 3v3 games for the month, or any combination of the two so long as you don't exceed 36 total! This works out to an average of three 6v6 or nine 3v3 games per week.

Winning a game nets you the amount of points the game was worth. So you play a 6v6 game, the winner gets 3 points and the loser gets 0 points! This was probably self-evident but I LIKE TO READ MY OWN POSTS.

REMATCHING IS A LITTLE NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED. You can play the same person in three 3v3 games or one 6v6 game. After that, you have to play every other person at least once before you can challenge that person again!

At the end of the 30-day period, ending at 11:59 September 1st, whoever's accrued the most points wins! If there's a tie we'll have a quick single-elimination tournament to break it! And if this doesn't turn out to be the smoldering pile of failure that it's destined to be, we'll do it again for September!

DO YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST POKE-DICK?! DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO PROVE IT?! THEN PM ME YOUR LIST OF POKEMON AND GET TRAINING IF YOU NEED TO I GUESS.

How do I get my hands on these mysterious DW pokemon?

A:You can sign up for the Pokemon Global Link service, but chances are one of our esteemed pokemaniacs in this thread has what you're looking for! Just ask, and one of us will be happy to breed something for you if we can. Please note that not all pokemon have been released in the DW yet.

What is the best pokemon?
a: Whatever your favorite is! The key to victory is in your heart.
the answer is dunsparce

What happened to the pokethread? Why has it been gone so long?

a: I blame dichotomy

Every time I try to train up lots of pokemon, I get bored and burnt out. What can I do?

a: It happens to all of us. For example, if we ever had a pokemon league (We did not), this might have been what caused it to collapse. I recommend training one pokemon at a time! It is easier to do than trying to do 6 at once.

how do I EV train?]

a:
gary wrote:
for attack i go to the grass right outside starter town because it only has 1EV attack dudes
defense i go to the stupid cave near the daycare because it's 50% roggenrollas (1EV), the only better alternative is like the bottom floor of relic castle and i just don't feel like going down there
sp a is the celestial tower (I'm getting all the names wrong aren't I). litwick and elgyem are both 1 EV
sp d is surfing in driftveil, frillish is 1EV and jellicent is 2 EV
HP is surfing in icirrus for stunfisk (2EV)
speed is surfing to the right of the town with the museum, only has basculin, they are 2EVs each

well, that's about it, unless mr.dichotomy has any other complaints about my op. In the immortal words of professor oak, your own journey in the world of pokemon is about to begin!

get to posting

BugBoy on

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who wants to set up a pokemon league

it sounds fun

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hello pokemon thread, it has been too long.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    yes, that sounds great

there's no way at all it will peter out before it's barely started

Nerdgasmic on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wait, it's for me too?

i haven't played pokemon forever, i foresee that will change in the near future when i don't have as much access to the computer

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would like to be the Bug Gym

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sure.

It's been a long time since we had a decent Bug-type trainer around these parts

Butler For Life #1 on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    this thread is for everyone ever

whose life can't be improved by the pokemon

that's what I say

anyway, now I am going to fire up this game for the first time in a few weeks and see how abandoned black city is

BugBoy on
    edited July 2011
    pffft who even likes bug types?

(I never actually trained up that beedrill, to my shame. Maybe I'll do that now)

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I haven't played this game in months

I'm just here to taunt BB

Butler For Life #1 on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    don't belittle me, bfl

I trained a ledian

a ledian

BugBoy on
    edited July 2011
    Oh, BB wasted his life training a piece of crap pokemon he will never use

I am so wrong about him, I retract my statements

Butler For Life #1 on
    edited July 2011
    I do like Ledian though

Butler For Life #1 on
    edited July 2011
    ledian is a great pokedude, he has shoes!

undeinPirat on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think Treagy (my cousin) actually has a finished, fully trained Ground Gym

Beasteh on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    i lost my pokemon white

Kusuguttai on
    edited July 2011
    pokemonless is no way to be

find that game

BugBoy on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yay Pokethread.

Anyone with 2 DSes want to help me trade over a dozen dudes from Silver to White? Been trying to find someone for the last week or so.

Mx. Quill on
    edited July 2011
    I am up for battles

Nerdgasmic on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the pokemon thread was not to return until the announcement of the third part of the gen V pair

this is not according to the plan
    this thread is doomed to sicken and die

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2011
    much like yourself, dichotomy

undeinPirat on
    edited July 2011
    We will defy your prediction and keep this thread going!

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
    edited July 2011
    the leader of the poison gym predicts doom

dooooooom

butt yeah I guess I have a bunch of pokemon trained

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    the leader of the poison gym predicts doom

dooooooom

butt yeah I guess I have a bunch of pokemon trained

that's not how butts work

trust me, i study a lot of butts

undeinPirat on
    edited July 2011
    man, smogon still does not have Gen V articles yet

those guys are slow as molasses

Nerdgasmic on
    edited July 2011
    free bibarel

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2011
    they all hate gen 5 so

undeinPirat on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    So I got as far as the battle with Ghetsis...then I traded it in.

Got more in trade for Pokemon then I paid for it.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited July 2011
    I went to the gts to get a moody smeargle

mission successful

except I forgot that I already had one

BugBoy on
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yay Pokethread.

Anyone with 2 DSes want to help me trade over a dozen dudes from Silver to White? Been trying to find someone for the last week or so.

I can do this thing but not right now, if you're around in like 5 hours I might be able to do it tonight but otherwise tomorrow and/or just about any day next week I should be around and able to help (if my game will actually stay connected)

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I really should finish Pokemon White. I have seven badges and I guess I'm on my way to find some legendary so I can fight some other legendary? Something like that.

The new Pokemon are really cool but I can't remember any of their names because I gave them all nicknames.

Taya on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I'll be around in 5 hours, Drp. Thanks for offering.

Mx. Quill on
    edited July 2011
    My SS FC is 0002-5488-1932, White's in my sig. I'll be online. And it's only 12, and you may keep the items I attached to them.

Mx. Quill on
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I need to catch a bunch of crap things because I managed to forget that I'd more or less depopulated my SS

I will pop on with SS as soon as I can get a decent number, which hopefully won't be too long

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    edited July 2011
    No rush, take your time.

Mx. Quill on
    edited July 2011
    New problem: DS I thought was the one I'd used last time isn't, so now the NEW SS Friend Code is 2150 9795 3738

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I knew drp was still here but had just reverted to lurking since the pokethread used rest

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2011
    I am bad

at posting

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Ok, new one's added.

My team is nearly done, just need a few more items. I'll probably get them during my trip to California later this week.

Mx. Quill on
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Still tooling around with the soul silver version; the first game in the series that i have played since the original R/B/Y generation. I dont think i could get into another one since this one at least had the updated nostalgia factor.

CptKemzik on
    edited July 2011
    I am online but I don't see you Emerl

Hope this isn't a new wifi problem I get to deal with

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.