As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Horde PvP,Obsidian Spur,Sargeras: Recruiting!

[STG]Bean[STG]Bean Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
I've been seeing a few more posts from people looking to start-up guilds or play WoW with PA people. I don't want people to forget about us if they are looking for a home. OS has opened up recruitment again, and there will always be space for PA folks in our guild. In fact, you might say that we're looking for that PA edge. Some quick information on the guild:

- Decent size guild, not huge, probably about 100 active unique accounts, guild total is > 250, so I'm making a WAG about how many individual accounts we actually have.

- We have a sister guild, Team eXecute that organizes and runs an Onyxia, MC, and BWL raid. Team eXecute is only for lvl 60 raiding characters, and the emphasis is of course on raiding. The raid is currently stuffed, but there is a limited rotation of newer people into the raid.

- We actually have a good mix of levels and classes in the guild, and there are new people and alts starting all the time. This is not an elitist lvl 60 only guild, or a pure 'leveling' guild that people abandon when they find a raid spot.

What I'm looking for:

- I would like to add a critical mass of PA folks back into the guild. I'm not aiming for SE++, but I like a healthy and interesting /guild and I still think that the PA crowd is a touch above the random WoW person.

- As the existing raid is full, I don't want and don't need people that only want to raid. I would ideally like a nice core group of people who are interested in contributing to the guild atmosphere, running events (PvE, PvP, or whatever), and otherwise taking a very pro-active role, rather than a "I'll show up and someone will entertain me" type of role.

- One of the things I'm personally interested in is having the people to have a consistent, weekly, guild event. I don't personally have the time to organize this unfortunately, and most of our current officer corps is similarly preoccupied. Thus, what I need is a new group of people, people who are interested in maintaing and improving the OS community more than they are worried about raiding. The same energy and time that you might put into founding a new guild or starting on a new server could be applied to our existing guild and you'd have a nice playerbase to work with.

More later, but food for thought.

-Stormtrail

Signature1.bmp
[STG]Bean on

• DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I'm up for this. I was one of those people that took the transfer to Detheroc, and I absolutely hate it. Back to Sargeras I go!

DuoRCN on
  • Pierrot Le FouPierrot Le Fou Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I just started a Troll Shaman, I'm going to need anothe server to play on this summer when my normal group of people I am playing with are taking a break from WoW this summer.

Who do I talk to about an invite?

Pierrot Le Fou on
    ACWW: 4424-6011-7294 Frye/NewYork
    Our NDS Wiki // Friend Codes:Penny Arcade Suggests!
    You remind me why acute megalomania and mild desperation of interest should never be combined.
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I might make a character on here as an alt. It'll be nice fun, since I'm not interested in raiding outside of my Shaman I'm levelling on Kirin Tor, anyway.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2006
    Don't discriminate against SE++, Storm. It's not right.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • [STG]Bean[STG]Bean Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I just started a Troll Shaman, I'm going to need anothe server to play on this summer when my normal group of people I am playing with are taking a break from WoW this summer.

Who do I talk to about an invite?

All OS members of "Rhino" or higher rank have invite privileges. Pretty much do a "/who Obsidian Spur" and someone on that list should be able to invite you or put you in touch with someone who can invite you.
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Don't discriminate against SE++, Storm. It's not right.

Who's discriminating against SE++? That was purely non-judgemental way to describe the atmosphere I'm going for! :oops:

-Stormtrail

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    And OS are the bitc... er i mean 'sisters' of TX, not the other way round!

Everyone should join up, screw alliance on Dark iron! horde is the only way to go.

Free Ranch also.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • MetalChickenMetalChicken Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Yeah, I live in Europe.. :\

So, are there any European PA guilds?

MetalChicken on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Stormtrail loves penis. Thats the first thing you learn.

And its my penis he loves.

ALSO. I LIKE TO WORLD PVP. IF YOU DO WE CAN BE FREINDS.

And not that stupid kill level 60 world pvp, F that, I go to red ridge.

projectmayhem on
  • X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I finally got my account back up after about three months of not having any solid income. <3 Deca for inviting me back. You can find me in the alley if, well, you know...

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
    edited April 2006

Deca's one of those guys who cried about being ganked while leveling, and now he has to exercise his under-developed ePeen by killing lvl 30's. One day soon when his testicles drop, he'll start killing level 60's, probably after he reads Felgar's book "I, Rogue" and Thous' book "Rogues for Dummies".

Man, I hope he reads those soon, cause we could actually use another SKILLED rogue in OS.

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
    edited April 2006
    [quote=[STG]Bean]

Deca's one of those guys who cried about being ganked while leveling, and now he has to exercise his under-developed ePeen by killing lvl 30's. One day soon when his testicles drop, he'll start killing level 60's, probably after he reads Felgar's book "I, Rogue" and Thous' book "Rogues for Dummies".

Man, I hope he reads those soon, cause we could actually use another SKILLED rogue in OS.[/quote]

Psh. PSH I SAY.

Truthfully, i didnt mind getting ganked that much on my rogue cause i was like, "lol this game rocks lol". But when people gank my mage i do cry a little. But, we all need a good cry.

As for skilled? Well. I know aq like the back of my hand. And I know my place, but thats really about it. All I do is duel and ab. But truthfuly, Storm is right, join OS, and I will try to bring you into my world of emoshields and sad songs. Ask tyrannus, I sing to him on vent.

projectmayhem on
  • X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    [quote=[STG]Bean]

Man, I hope he reads those soon, cause we could actually use another SKILLED rogue in OS.

Psh. PSH I SAY.

Truthfully, i didnt mind getting ganked that much on my rogue cause i was like, "lol this game rocks lol". But when people gank my mage i do cry a little. But, we all need a good cry.

As for skilled? Well. I know aq like the back of my hand. And I know my place, but thats really about it. All I do is duel and ab. But truthfuly, Storm is right, join OS, and I will try to bring you into my world of emoshields and sad songs. Ask tyrannus, I sing to him on vent.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure one of the best times I've had on Vent was when someone started piping "It's Raining Men" in the OS channel.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
    edited April 2006
    [quote=[STG]Bean]

Psh. PSH I SAY.

As for skilled? Well. I know aq like the back of my hand. And I know my place, but thats really about it. All I do is duel and ab. But truthfuly, Storm is right, join OS, and I will try to bring you into my world of emoshields and sad songs. Ask tyrannus, I sing to him on vent.

I'm pretty sure one of the best times I've had on Vent was when someone started piping "It's Raining Men" in the OS channel.[/quote]
    So, everyother day?

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
    edited April 2006
    Exhibit A as to why to come to OS

needacry.jpg

projectmayhem on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    This has intrigued me in the past but when I made a character on Sargeras I didn't have the guts to try and contact anyone.

I do have a few months experience with the game, and I am able to work in a team setting.

I am not sure how much time I can commit though.

Seg on
    edited April 2006
    Seg wrote:
    This has intrigued me in the past but when I made a character on Sargeras I didn't have the guts to try and contact anyone.

I do have a few months experience with the game, and I am able to work in a team setting.

I am not sure how much time I can commit though.

I think you should come join the ranks. If I am on I will invite you, and if I am not on, /who obsidianspur and send some tells.

projectmayhem on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    We're da Biggest... Derfore We're da Boss!

Come back to where you are loved oh PAers of Yore. We are here for you. Stay comforted in the knowledge that no matter how new you are to this game that by being a PAer (a true PAer, not one of those sissy "oh I have a friend who has a cousin who read PA and OMG GNOMES I LOVE GNOMES" punk-asses) you are a cut above everyone else on the server :D (also doesn't hurt that we are the oldest surviving PvP guild from PA, so you know we have staying power baby!)

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I'm not allowed to play WoW, because I have other things I need to do. But when the expansion comes, hoo boy!

Joeslop on
    edited April 2006
    Are there any Race/Class preferences. I just checked and it looks like I had deleted the character I had on Sargeras earlier.

Seg on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I might roll an alt and join up, but not for a little while.

Since starting a new character a week before finals = horrible, horrible idea for me.

Slicer on
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Seg wrote:
    Are there any Race/Class preferences. I just checked and it looks like I had deleted the character I had on Sargeras earlier.

More warriors. More warriors for the raid. Also, more rogues.

I lied. We have shitloads of those classes, but play whatever you like to play.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2006
    Mad Jazz wrote:
    Seg wrote:

Would making an Undead Priest cause me to be shunned?

Seg on
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Seg wrote:
    Mad Jazz wrote:
    Seg wrote:

Would making an Undead Priest cause me to be shunned?

Only if you refuse to partner with my warlock alt.

>.>
    <.<

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2006
    Seg wrote:

I hate to even say this, but we're always short on people willing to play 'healers'. Currently, we could use a few more level 60 Warlocks as well, but that may or may not be true by the time you hit 60, however, I'm fairly confident that a person willing to play a healing class is always going to be welcome in our guild and in groups.

We have no racial preferences, although if you manage to roll a gnome, I will hunt you down and kill you myself.

-Stormtrail

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
    edited April 2006
    Well Sargeras is queued right now. Dang it.

Seg on
    edited April 2006
    Seg wrote:
    Well Sargeras is queued right now. Dang it.

Now that's bloody pathetic, considering we already had a server transfer to thin the population. My apologies, I cannot wait for Sargeras to get new hardware, and for the login servers to be fixed.

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
    edited April 2006
    It was wierd, because when I selected the server it said Medium.

Very Odd indeed.

Ok....character made. Not sure when I will be able to play him next, wife is home now and she may want to play some on our main server.

Seg on
    edited April 2006
    Let it be known that if you roll an rogue, let alone an undead rogue, you will be hated by everyone and teased relentlessly by Stormtrail.... he can be so harsh sometimes.... :cry:

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
    edited April 2006
    Heroth wrote:
    Let it be known that if you roll an rogue, let alone an undead rogue, you will be hated by everyone and teased relentlessly by Stormtrail.... he can be so harsh sometimes.... :cry:
    You know you like it :P

Wulf on
    edited April 2006
    Seg wrote:

Very Odd indeed.

Ok....character made. Not sure when I will be able to play him next, wife is home now and she may want to play some on our main server.

:shock: can we lure both of you to Sargeras? What level are your mains? We haven't had a husband & wife duo in OS since our inception, you're making me all nostalgic. Soon I'll be able to point and say to my wife "see...Seg's running SM with his wife, why won't you play WoW with me??!@#!?!"

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    [quote=[STG]Bean]
    Seg wrote:

Very Odd indeed.

:shock: can we lure both of you to Sargeras? What level are your mains? We haven't had a husband & wife duo in OS since our inception, you're making me all nostalgic. Soon I'll be able to point and say to my wife "see...Seg's running SM with his wife, why won't you play WoW with me??!@#!?!"[/quote]

Not gonna happen, Storm. I've tried the same thing because of my SG on CoH, which is run by a husband and wife. The response I get is "I'm just not interested in video games. Why aren't you okay with that?" It's amazing how wives can twist things around on you. :|

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2006
    Briareos wrote:
    [quote=[STG]Bean]
    Seg wrote:

Very Odd indeed.

:shock: can we lure both of you to Sargeras? What level are your mains? We haven't had a husband & wife duo in OS since our inception, you're making me all nostalgic. Soon I'll be able to point and say to my wife "see...Seg's running SM with his wife, why won't you play WoW with me??!@#!?!"

Not gonna happen, Storm. I've tried the same thing because of my SG on CoH, which is run by a husband and wife. The response I get is "I'm just not interested in video games. Why aren't you okay with that?" It's amazing how females can twist things around on you. :|[/quote]

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    So you guys are up to Chrommagus now?

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited April 2006
    My main on Stormrage is a level 60 Dwarf Warrior.

"Our mains" on Stormrage are level 36 NE Druid/Warrior team. (I made the NE Warrior to play with her Druid, and then made a Dwarf Warrior to play for myself.) She plays little enough that the thought of switching to another server would probably not go over well. And I am not sure she would enjoy a PvP server.

I need to get over it and send a tell to someone on the Obsidian Spur /who list.

Seg on
  • HybridSoraHybridSora Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am bread from Social entropy.

Being apart of OS/TX, I will consume the newlings.

HybridSora on
    siglololo.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    HybridSora wrote:

Being apart of OS/TX, I will consume the newlings.

Tasty, but the carbs, oooooh the carbs.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • compycompy Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    HybridSora wrote:

Hi5.

compy on
    edited April 2006
    compy wrote:
    HybridSora wrote:

hi52mu6za.jpg
    Fixed

Wulf on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, I'm a level 60 mage, and I'm usually not doing much when not in a raid. So, I like to help people, if you guys needhelp with an instance or something, I'll help. and if you need help with DV strokin their e-peen, i've been jonesin for some PvP ever since BG's Started sucking.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited May 2006
    Akira wrote:
    So you guys are up to Chrommagus now?

Chrommagus is dead to us. We killed him with the Time Lapse/Corrosive Breath combo on our first night of tries. We killed him last night with Corrosive Breath/Ignite Flesh I believe on the third try. Working on consistently getting to Nef's 2nd stage.

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp