As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BATMAN

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I actually think a Gotham P.D. animated series would be pretty incredible

like, what's it like for the few good cops in Gotham to deal with all the bad cops, the super villains and Batman himself

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Like, a show following one of the cops working with Gordon before he became commissioner, and all that?

I'd watch that.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    99301-9958-106984-2-gotham-central_large.jpg
    Read this you fuckers

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yeah basically that comic in animated form

it is so good

it's a shame what they did with Montoya though, she was much more interesting as a "normal" person than a superhero

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    She's still really great though.

She actually never really stopped being good as far as I can remember. She went from GC to 52 to back-ups in Birds of Prey with Cully Hammer and finally a supporting role in Batwoman.

All of these are great comics.

If anyone got a raw deal out of Gotham Central it was Crispus Allen. Dude has been the worst Spectre ever.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I just watched Batman Begins for the first time

Kochi that movie is great.

That right there is a great movie.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also Spider-Man 1 & 2 were great movies.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited July 2011
    yeah basically that comic in animated form

it is so good

it's a shame what they did with Montoya though, she was much more interesting as a "normal" person than a superhero

heh, true

man Gotham Central was good

that one issue, where the civilian secretary they have throwing up the bat-sign talks about how she's having erotic dreams about Batman

like, that fucking concept

but it works

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just to bring up Superman Blue for a moment

The bit where he wrestles the angel was in Morrison's JLA, which was basically the only comic where they tried to take Superman Blue and do something interesting with him (like when he moved the moon by tapping into it's electromagnetic field or whatever).

So while Superman Blue is otherwise lame in that he was pretty cool. Those were some of the very first comics I ever read, and frankly they rule.

If they ever do a JLA movie, it should have plastic man in it.

Solar on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I only watched like 20 seconds of that justice league video, with the sound off, but I liked the joker design quite a bit

FAQ on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »

She actually never really stopped being good as far as I can remember. She went from GC to 52 to back-ups in Birds of Prey with Cully Hammer and finally a supporting role in Batwoman.

She was The Question for a while too, right?

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I can't wait for the Powers show to start

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Goatmon wrote: »

She was The Question for a while too, right?

She still is, I'm pretty sure. That's why people are complaining that she used to be more interesting, or at least more unique.

Spectre-x on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »

I still wish Kyle Chandler had taken the lead role in that. I would've watched that version of the show so hard.

Poorochondriac on
    edited July 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »

I still wish Kyle Chandler had taken the lead role in that. I would've watched that version of the show so hard.

After an initial feeling of "wait, what?" I have talked myself into Jason Patric in the role. The dude has chops when he deigns to apply himself and it's a juicy role so I'm hoping he'll step up to the plate.

I haven't seen Friday Night Lights yet and while Chandler has the jawline I'm not sure I buy him as physically intimidating enough to be Walker.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wonder if it would be possible at all to set up a Batman, Inc. tv series

I think that could be awesome, telling stories about all the different Bat-family members and stuff

plus, animated Damian

lord knows what will happen to batman inc with the upcoming DC nonsense

DouglasDanger on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »

But Spider-Man 3 was the best movie.

Sars_Boy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2011

All of these are great comics.

If anyone got a raw deal out of Gotham Central it was Crispus Allen. Dude has been the worst Spectre ever.

The backups were in Detective Comics

Garlic Bread on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »

But Spider-Man 3 was so good.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I think that could be awesome, telling stories about all the different Bat-family members and stuff

plus, animated Damian

They've already said that it's staying in continuity, and that Grant will be back next year to write the 12-issue conclusion to his Batman run.

LockedOnTarget on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

plus, animated Damian

Being left untouched?

I was under the impression it was only books that weren't selling well that were getting the "reboot" (ie. not Batman or Green Lantern).

LordSolarMacharius on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I gave Batman a hug in my dream last night.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited July 2011
    I've read that, but I see other things happening. Tim, Dick and Barbara all appear to be going through changes in those September solicits.

DouglasDanger on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

plus, animated Damian

Being left untouched?

I was under the impression it was only books that weren't selling well that were getting the "reboot" (ie. not Batman or Green Lantern).

I heard it was Everything.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »

If I had the energy to go back two or three pages, I'd post that Bruce Bruce Bruuuuuce comic

Instead, I won't.

Poorochondriac on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2011
    I've read that, but I see other things happening. Tim, Dick and Barbara all appear to be going through changes in those September solicits.

Those characters are going through changes, but their history hasn't been changed. Tim was still Robin, Dick was still Batman, and Barbara was still Oracle

They've already announced that Batman Inc will be finished next year, and a member of Batman Inc, Bat-Wing, has his own ongoing in the new launch

Garlic Bread on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Everything is affected by the upcoming DC changes

The top selling books are affected the least (don't want to mess with that proven formula)

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Keith how do you feel about Stephanie being muscled out of her job

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited July 2011
    they've been very vague and unwilling to commit to specifics about what is and what isn't in continuity.

Remember when One More Day happened and everyone was asking what was different and what was changed and why.

It's like that except even more vague.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Keith wrote: »

Those characters are going through changes, but their history hasn't been changed. Tim was still Robin, Dick was still Batman, and Barbara was still Oracle

They've already announced that Batman Inc will be finished next year, and a member of Batman Inc, Bat-Wing, has his own ongoing in the new launch

regression arghhh

DouglasDanger on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »

If I had the energy to go back two or three pages, I'd post that Bruce Bruce Bruuuuuce comic

Instead, I won't.

saying what you were going to post works pretty well.

I am pleased with it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited July 2011
    Keith how do you feel about Stephanie being muscled out of her job

On the one hand, I'm disappointed because I love Stephanie and her series was great and she's finally proven herself to the Bat family

On the other hand, she's also proven (and learned) that she's her own hero and not a sidekick. So I would be fine with her going under a different name (although maybe not Spoiler because that doesn't work without Cluemaster)

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2011
    Keith wrote: »

regression arghhh

No

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2011
    Life's too short to get salty over comic books

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited July 2011
    even a Chuck Austen comic book?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    it's been too long since i've heard "don't you feel salty"

Garlic Bread on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Someone posted up some Chuck Austin scans on Scans_Daily

Man

That guy is terrible

Solar on
    edited July 2011
    I still think it's hilarious that the final issue of his JLA run had the words "NO MORE PAIN" on the cover.

JLA_Vol_1_106.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Chuck Austen stuff is hilarious for how bad it is

Who was the dude that wrote Mutant X, from what I heard it had Havok inadvertently blowing up the moon

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited July 2011
    People are gonna yell at me for saying this but I think part of the reason people slobbered so much over New X-Men was because it was running parrallel to basically the two worst X-Men runs of all time.

Austen's Uncanny and Claremont's X-Treme

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.