As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I missed the reasoning behind Lemminghead. I will though allow myself to go ahead with the assumption that the mafia knew what they were doing, rather than it being pure chance, when they offed Cass.

The reasoning behind Lemminghead will have to be pretty good to top that.

!Thomamelas, I choose you.

Fair enough. We might want to make sure Elldren and I stay tied.

You're at two now and she's at 3.

LaOs on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I find this soft network revelation more interesting than the Lemminghead bandwagon (though I agree that she's the type of low-post player we need to look at).

Given that Thomamelas was the first to come forward, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and vote for !Elldren

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    LaOs wrote: »
    I missed the reasoning behind Lemminghead. I will though allow myself to go ahead with the assumption that the mafia knew what they were doing, rather than it being pure chance, when they offed Cass.

Well I can't very well vote for him twice

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    Remember, any ties within the top 3 are susceptible to actual Mafia shenanigans--just be aware that any ties within that range could end up with dead players.

For those that are against intentionally tying the Vote, don't forget to avoid ties further down the line.

Elldren, Farangu, and I are all tied for 2nd right now, for example, with 3 votes.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »

Well I can't very well vote for him twice

Nope, not in this game. :P

But, with Jason Todd's vote at #1083, we've got this:

LemmingHead - 8
    Elldren - 3
    Farangu - 3
    LaOs - 3
    Thomamelas - 3
    Fiaryn; spool32 - 1

LaOs on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This is a bad idea.

If Elldren changes her vote and it ties back up, she can make us waste another day having to vote her out. Same goes with Thom.

Survive as long as you can is better than just letting yourself die to the vote.

I still think Lemminghead should die.

I have a feeling not only will she not be involved in tonights final vote, but the vig will ignore her as well.

Urghagh

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I agree. We should not kill LaOs--he's definitely a Villager.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Wait, I'm an idiot--Jason Todd voted for Elldren (following Thomamelas' lead), not the other way around. My bad.

As of Post #1083, we actually stand like this:

LemmingHead - 8
    Elldren - 4
    Farangu - 3
    LaOs - 3
    Thomamelas - 2
    Fiaryn; spool32 - 1

(I'm heading home from work now. Will check back with the thread after some food, likely. I'd change my vote from LemmingHead to Farangu so we're no longer tied, but that brings #1 too close to #2 and also creates a tie for #2 with Elldren and Farangu.)

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    LaOs

moar liek louse

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am going to sheepishly support the LemmingHead.

Why are we four-way-tying 2nd? I can only see thing ending in mass bloodshed and tears.

Oats on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    trying to read through all of this and make up my mind for tonight

Langly on
    edited July 2011
    We aren't.

This Lemminghead bandwagon is going to be so full of mafia.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Then what is the reason behind Lemminghead being suspicious? Apart from not having posted much.

Thom and Elldren knew about a special - who was then killed. It might be chance, but it's hella more likely that purpose was behind it. Like statistically significantly more likely.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ok well it's getting late over here so I'm going to have to vote. The intentional tie idea doesn't have the ubiquitous support it would require. I still agree with Laos in that even if the mafia fudged it we would at least gain some possible data to go on. So partly because he is in the position to catch up with the current first place vote incase you guys change your minds and partly because Thom has fingered them as the possible leak in the soft network that our dead vigilante was a part of, I'm going to vote for Elldren.

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
    edited July 2011
    Then what is the reason behind Lemminghead being suspicious? Apart from not having posted much.

Thom and Elldren knew about a special - who was then killed. It might be chance, but it's hella more likely that purpose was behind it. Like statistically significantly more likely.

Right, whereas Lemminghead is up because Spec finds her suspicious and then a bandwagon was formed

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011

She was originally helpful and then devolved into "Oh oh I am so confused what is going on I am just gonna vote !blahblah like everyone else because WHAT is going on its all so crazy"

From what I can gather she isn't usually like that and has been silent all day (laying low, as I would do) in hopes this bandwagon moves elsewhere.

With Elldren backing her up (I think Ell is also mafia) I am convinced.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That was a bunch of reading in order to catch up.

!LaOs

!Elldren

We are not doing ties because that depends on every single player (50+) doing exactly what you need to do and that is never going to happen.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    I see, still seems more reasonable to place the wagon on either of Thom and Elldren though.

I'll keep my vote on Thom because I don't feel either is being more suspicious than the other.

I do however think it's important that one of them goes tonight.

Honk on
    edited July 2011
    I see, still seems more reasonable to place the wagon on either of Thom and Elldren though.

I'll keep my vote on Thom because I don't feel either is being more suspicious than the other.

I do however think it's important that one of them goes tonight.

To be perfectly honest, I think it would be best if both of us go.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Limited anti-goose protection has been added to the box!*
    If it becomes a real problem I'll just ip ban those who are doing it

I'm against ties on principle as they rarely go as desired and the only case where the mafia won't manipulate the tie is a pair of villagers

Lemming needs more of a lead so we can get clear 2nd and 3rd places

Phyphor on
    edited July 2011
    Well of course you would want Thom dead with you tonight to either eat up the vig kill or so you could sabotage the tie vote.

Comeon, Elldren

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Well of course you would want Thom dead with you tonight to either eat up the vig kill or so you could sabotage the tie vote.

Comeon, Elldren

Or because I think he's the one who compromised our soft network and I think he's the mafia

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    Putting the vig on one of them might be nice, if the vig doesn't have better things going on.

Honk on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Look, we can clear all this up very easily if someone in the mafia just tells us who is in the mafia.

I promise if you tell us, we won't vote for you.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited July 2011
    General amnesty declared!

Honk on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

I support this message. !Thomamelas because he was slightly mean to me in the Film thread.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm good with !Elldren for now, may revise later.

SaraLuna on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i don't know if i voted for anyone yet today

since i am the very worst villager ever

i think i will vote for Honk.
    it is an encouraging signature.

Lucedes on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OK, this seems extremely suspicious. Since Elldren was called out by Thom, she has sounded consistently upset and passive-aggressive, rather than affirmatively defending herself. She's offered no information about their soft network - not even to say that she'd talk to Savant or to confirm what Thom told us. Hell, we don't even know which of them was contacted first. The lack of info, or even the public promise to reveal info to Savant, makes me even more suspicious.

The passive aggressive attitude is either Elldren being upset and acting as though she thinks it's hopeless to try and turn our attention away, or else it's Elldren being upset because she's mafia and she's going down either tonight or tomorrow with no influence on the village either way.

Along with !Lemminghead's behavior described earlier by spectre, and Element Brian's extra suspicious posting patterns, Elldren seems a clear choice. Half her posts are bitter or sarcastic, and she'd apparently rather see her and Thom go down together than take out the one she should be arguing is the real mafia... so I'm inclined to follow her own advice from day 1:
    Elldren wrote:
    Well, I'm always of the opinion that if someone wants to die we should let them.

LemmingHead for the vote.
    Elldren for the vigilante, assuming it has no better target.

Tomorrow, we'll know if Thom has to go as well, and he can join Element Brian in the big sleep.

spool32 on
    edited July 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i don't know if i voted for anyone yet today

since i am the very worst villager ever

i think i will vote for Honk.
    it is an encouraging signature.

Don't forget you'll need to retract your previous vote first.

spool32 on
    edited July 2011
    There is no other info to reveal. Cass contacted Thomamelas and myself. That's the extent of the soft network that I know of.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    There is no other info to reveal. Cass contacted Thomamelas and myself. That's the extent of the soft network that I know of.

Why did Cass contact you?

spool32 on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Are we still looking to set up a solid third place vote? Cause Farangu is a better choice then Thomamelas.

If one is taking out a possible mafia in a soft network, it seems silly to kill off the rest of the network before learning the results.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Turkson

Really this whole thing has gone kind of batshit for a vanilla phalla and I have no idea. But he strikes me as mafia.

I need crazy mechanics phalla to really shine.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited July 2011
    Okay so I've been totally busy and totally useless almost all day. Meh. What exactly is the argument against Lemminghead?

Drez on
    edited July 2011
    Are we still looking to set up a solid third place vote? Cause Farangu is a better choice then Thomamelas.

If one is taking out a possible mafia in a soft network, it seems silly to kill off the rest of the network before learning the results.

It being a soft network, there's nothing saying they can't both be Mafia.

(I don't know that they both are, just that it's completely possible.)

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    spool32 wrote: »

Because I am her friend

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    spool32 wrote: »

Because I am her friend

THERE ARE NO FRIENDS IN PHALLA. THERE IS ONLY DEATH.

Drez on
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Okay so I've been totally busy and totally useless almost all day. Meh. What exactly is the argument against Lemminghead?

Barely-active, bandwagon-jumper (though usually to the 2nd place wagon), and went from somewhat useful posts to constantly "what is going on; I'm so confused" posts. Mostly, the force of this vote is driven from TehSpectre.

LaOs on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »

She's suspicious.

Savant on