As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do I need DivX installed anymore?

Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
With all of the other codecs I have on my system like xvid and the billion things I use to play anime files do I need the proper DivX software installed or will it be handled by everything else?

Clipboard03.jpg
I KISS YOU!
Lord Jezo on

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Very unlikely.

I probably still have some form of it from the CCCP, but ever since I started using that along with Zoomplayer about six/seven years ago I've had no problems.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If you're on Win7 you really don't even need to install codecs anymore. If you install CCCP you don't need anything else normally. I do a lot of stuff with Blu-ray so I have CoreAVC but that not normal use.

So no DivX issn't needed if you're not doing DiVX specific files. The Xvid decoders in CCCP or FFDShow would take care of that.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    if you have xvid installed you don't need to have divx installed
    (but fyi, if you have win 7 you don't need xvid either as mpeg4 can be decoded natively by the OS now)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Why bother when WMP12 & codecs come preinstalled.

Dark Shroud on