As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Two Worlds 2

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh god, I really need to get back into this. Got stuck in one of the Labyrinthine tombs and couldn't get out (the last onne I believe). Its a great game but little things keep irking me.

Big Classy on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heya folks. I just picked this up a few days ago. Is there any way to fix the camera from lurching around like my character is drunk, when he runs?

I'm on the PS3.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heya folks. I just picked this up a few days ago. Is there any way to fix the camera from lurching around like my character is drunk, when he runs?

I'm on the PS3.
    Debug Menu Codes

During the game, hold L1 + R1 and press START, UP (D-pad), START, DOWN (D-pad). You should see the debug menu appear. Enter the following codes for the desired effect. NOTE: Disables Trophies.
    Add experience points	addexperiencepoints [number]
    Adds experience points	AddExperiencePoints #
    Adds gold	Addgold #
    Adds parameter points, (Endurance, Strength, etc.)	AddParamPoints #
    Adds skill points	AddSkillPoints #
    Centers the camera when riding a horse (no more over-the-shoulder view)	cam.mount.xoff 0
    Disables motion blur when running and riding a horse	graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0
    Enables cheating	TWOWORLDSCHEATS
    Enemies Won't Attack(0 = Off, 1 = On)	Player.InvisibleForEnemies #
    full health	health
    Imortality(0 = Off, 1 = On)	Imortality #
    Kills targetted enemy/NPC instantly	Kill
    Kills your horse (must mount it first)	killhorse
    Level Up	ec.dbg levelup
    Modifies the hero's sprinting speed (higher = faster)	hero.move.fastrunspeed 1
    Modifies the number of clicks made to get the maximum speed of your horse (lower = fewer clicks)	cs.horse.stamina.speed.max 10
    Set all attributes to 1000	ec.dbg iamcheater
    Sets time of day	Time # (between 0 and 255)
    Sets time of day. (0 = Night, 40 = Dawn, 127 = Noon, 200 = Sunset, 254 = Midnight)	Time #
    Spawns a boat	eq_boat_01
    Spawns a horse	horse_01 (01-04 for different color)
    Teleports you to where your cursor is pointing	jump2
    Turns God mode on and off	GOD 0 or GOD 1
    Unlock All Skills	ec.dbg skills

Should be in there somewhere. If not there are a few more camera commands I could post.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone try the Castle Defense DLC and is it worth getting?

I'm looking forward to Pirates of the Flying Fortress.

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bought this over the summer sale. Is it me or is the game pretty difficult? Near the start after the bit with the orcs I found a cave full of skeletons and giant scorpions and got totally owned in one hit every time I went in there.

Wildlife doesn't pose much of a threat except for the giant ants, but those can be kited pretty easily.

And as far as skills go, am I better off just saving points until I find gear that needs more stats? Since you don't start with the good skills I kind of want to hold off on using up my skillpoints until some of the better stuff unlocks.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It can be hard if you have an unfocused build. Magic is also pretty tough starting out.

You'll get a chance the be able to respec your points for a small fee about a third of the way through the game.

Kakodaimonos on
    edited July 2011
    I'm mostly playing as a marksman. I did put some points into strength so I could use a decent club-type weapon against the skeletons, and some points into block. I like how you get skillpoints for just doing your thing, whether that's wanton slaughter of the local wildlife or picking locks or what have you. I decided to avoid magic because ... well I don't know why it just seemed smarter to stick with bows.

Is there any great findable gear lying around in this game or do I always have to pry it from the dead hands of my enemies? So far the caves I've found have just had junk in them, and the best stuff, while not better than what I could buy, was stolen from the locked cupboards of townies.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I got this on the steam sale, absolutely love it so far. Anyone up for some multi some time?

Also i chose a magic user as my first character, and the game is extremely hard with this choice early on so far. I die a lot, I can't even do some of the side quests because everyone just obliterates me in 1-3 hits. Even my magic doesn't really do a lot of damage most of the time, on some enemies it does, but on many others it does not. It's also really hard to find the right card things to make new spells.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    In time, you'll come to love that difficulty, especially as a magic user. You'll throw yourself against the wall, and again, and again... But then it will "click" and you'll begin your rise into power. And then... then they will PAY.

Sorry, I, uh, really like games with an inverse difficulty curve.

mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450
    edited July 2011
    It looks like the only way to beat the giant ants is to kite them with a bow. I'm level 14 and have 700 health and still get two-shot by them. Melee combat against varns always goes my way, and just now I killed all those skeletons in a cave now that I'm using a nice blunt weapon.

This game really makes you learn the mechanics before it lets you win at anything. About the only thing I can do on the first try is horse racing.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mwoody wrote: »
    In time, you'll come to love that difficulty, especially as a magic user. You'll throw yourself against the wall, and again, and again... But then it will "click" and you'll begin your rise into power. And then... then they will PAY.

Sorry, I, uh, really like games with an inverse difficulty curve.

No i agree, im really enjoying the difficulty curve to be honest. It's hard but it isn't impossible. I also really like that I can make/name my spells, thats a nice touch. This game is kind of an underdog, so far I think it really holds up to titles like Oblivion but it just kind of flew under peoples radar since the original Two Worlds was not so great. I honestly hope they make a third one if this is the kind of improvement I can expect in their sequals, the third will be game of the damn year.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    harvest wrote: »
    It looks like the only way to beat the giant ants is to kite them with a bow. I'm level 14 and have 700 health and still get two-shot by them. Melee combat against varns always goes my way, and just now I killed all those skeletons in a cave now that I'm using a nice blunt weapon.
    Yeah, it took me a while to be able to melee the ants. Getting a trident from an NPC that two-shotted me with it (took a number of reloads to hitstun her consistently enough to kill her) and upgrading it a whole bunch changed that though. :D

Glal on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah the two-handed melee weapons stun the bigger enemies. I rolled a two-handed warrior with Ratsult (he had a fire mage) when we did the co-op campaign together. I've never had so much fun playing crowd control before, aggroing like five raptors and taking them on all at once without breaking a sweat.

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2011
    I'd played this before for a while and got to the infamous labyrinthine dungeon. I got stuck there and had to return the game. I'm gonna make sure to create a dia gram to help.

Also gonna opt for spellsword build, if possible.

Also also, bless you steam for the bargains :lol:

Big Classy on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Magic is so good if you stick with it

Sir Carcass on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I should really get back into this.

I was literally dumping every point into Strength. I was killing things very quickly. I assume that would have slowed down later on, but killing a rhino with a spear in one hit was pretty satisfying.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Picked this up during the steam summer bonanza. I played the crap out of the first one and am enjoying this, bit less open it seems but oh well.

The giant ants are less troublesome now after getting the trident from that lighthouse lady, just upgraded to a store bought halberd or something and took out the umm followup quest to lighthouse lady.

I knew it was a trap, was not expecting 2 gargoyles though

Are there any horribly overpowered permanent alchemy items on this one? In the first i remember stacking a bunch of these ant hearts or something for an insane permanent stamina boost.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    damn now I am cranky that I didn't end up pulling the trigger on this during the steam sale. IT looks MUCH improved since i played it at pax last year. The devs seem to have take n a lot of the feedback to heart and made some what look to be interesting changes.

Psiberian on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Has anyone mentioned the expansion yet?

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4220/two-worlds-ii-expansion-dlc-screenshots.htm

Pirates! Maybe more sailing.

Zilla360 on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I too picked this up during the expansion and have yet to touch it. Is there any good advice for people just starting out?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Glal wrote: »
    harvest wrote: »
    Yeah, it took me a while to be able to melee the ants. Getting a trident from an NPC that two-shotted me with it (took a number of reloads to hitstun her consistently enough to kill her) and upgrading it a whole bunch changed that though. :D

It has been awhile, so the exact number of hits in the cycle (I believe it was 2-3) escapes me, but with the ants and a big weapon, I was able to combo and immediately evade. Consistently killed them without ever taking a hit.

Wasn't even a decently upgraded weapon.

Docshifty on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    When you're in a special attack animation, you won't take any damage. So if you get the timing down you can just use a special attack right when the ant attacks and avoid any damage and kill them easily.

Kakodaimonos on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    When you're in a special attack animation, you won't take any damage. So if you get the timing down you can just use a special attack right when the ant attacks and avoid any damage and kill them easily.

That was it! I was confusing tactics from the first game. So for me it was like hit hit special stun hit hit aoe spin, repeat and win due to invincibility.

Docshifty on
    edited July 2011
    This is really fun. I finally worked through all the side quests and got out of the Bayan region into the Hatmandor area. I find it satisfying to work through the various quests offered by the guilds, getting recognition and decent rewards from them. And picking peoples' pockets of course. Oh the pockets. Good thing nobody carries venomous snakes around because I'd be dead if they did.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
    edited July 2011
    Double posting so this will get seen >.>

How long is this game if you do everything? My sig says I've put almost 22 hours into it and I haven't yet got into the Tower of Fangs mentioned briefly in the tutorial. This is like just the starting island, I can see the shadow of a much bigger landmass on the map in the center of the world. If it has content as dense as this place I'll be in for another 60 hours!

EDIT: Shifty eyes smiley!

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
    harvest wrote:

How long is this game if you do everything? My sig says I've put almost 22 hours into it and I haven't yet got into the Tower of Fangs mentioned briefly in the tutorial. This is like just the starting island, I can see the shadow of a much bigger landmass on the map in the center of the world. If it has content as dense as this place I'll be in for another 60 hours!

Although I never got that far when I played it briefly on the PS3, I r remember reading you have to catch a boat out to the other islands. No idea if the content is greater though.

It just keeps going and going with the questing, wow. With the fast travel system it's not even annoying that the actual quest activities aren't very creative, kind of your standard-fare 'Go kill X of Y' or 'Pick up macguffin and deliver it'.

On another note, does anybody have any tips about Alchemy? I was trying to make some good health potions but all I ever get are these crappy "Heals 533 health" (or so) pots. I have almost 3x that much health, and when I'm in a jam I need that red globe full

B6yM5w2.gif
    I made it to New Ashos and everyone here is a huge prick. They all want me dead, usually by trickery, and I didn't even do anything to deserve it yet! I hate this stupid city and every person in it. Also the monsters are way harder than those on the first island so all these 'murder the PC' quests are a lot harder to live through. What a shithole.

B6yM5w2.gif
    Ooh, hopefully this will be more widely available in the UK this time round:

twiigotyvelvetall.jpg

Also, note to Topware: It's not really a GOTY if only the publisher says it is. ;-)

Haha, yeah, Ashos is full of backstabber's. Loved the scenery though.

You'll find the boat at the docks south of the university BTW, lots of people missed it for some reason.

lol GOTY release. I hope they patch the visual enhancements into the standard game at least. And something about a pirate expansion? Sounds pretty good to me.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    A pretty case to be sure, but I"m not going to rebuy the game just for that. Especially since I still have my copy. :p

I'm not sure this game is ever going to end. I just got to the swamp in Chapter 3 and there's no sign of reaching anything like an endgame.

B6yM5w2.gif
    harvest wrote:

I spent 46 hours on it, but there were a couple of quests I couldn't finish because of bugs. Hopefully they have those sorted out now - I played before it was released in the US

fss_overall.png
    harvest wrote:
    I'm not sure this game is ever going to end. I just got to the swamp in Chapter 3 and there's no sign of reaching anything like an endgame.

It comes to an end quickly after you leave the swamp. I was actually disappointed with how quickly it ended.

fss_overall.png
  • SyrionusSyrionus Registered User regular
    I haven't played very much since it was released but from what I have played, I really enjoyed. I have a backlog I am trying to work through but hopefully, I can get back into this soon. Need to before Skyrim and Batman: AC.

Whelp, just finished it. The ending definitely isn't the best part of the game. I might play it again as a caster instead of a brutal warrior, but that won't be for a while. Definitely sunk a lot of time into this one, steam says 43 hours. Never a dull moment either.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    I'm about three hours into this. So far it reminds me of Risen, randomly extremely hard but its fun to relax and kill things. I'm trying to be a full blooded melee warrior. And I feel I have to learn to cheap the system sometimes to survive, like climbing rocks Giant Ants can't and shoot them 300x with a weak bow to kill them. Kite a group of guys and try to pick off the straggler as I get out of aggro range. Shit like that.

The voice acting is OH MY GOD TERRIBLE, but in a fun B-Movie kind of way.

Question, if I have a sword and shield, why is my guy blocking with his sword? Is my shield actually doing anything? Should I dual weild? Go 2h? Should I put any points into archery?

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My last play had me go into Archery heavily, with spare points tossed into Strength so I could use all those delicious huge damage weapons enemies kept dropping.
    The nice thing about archery is that you can shoot a few arrows, then run away and continue. Made killing ants without large rocks around them actually doable, if not particularly fast. I recommend also throwing points into crafting and upgrading your weapon- I kept mine maxed for my level and after a few hours I could practically double my weapon's DPS just by throwing scrap at it.

Glal on
    I ended up taking all my points out of accuracy and archery skills after I finished with Bayan.

The thing with shields (I think) is that they add more damage reduction when you block, and if something actually directly hits your shield you don't take damage. Eventually I went 2h so I could use a polearm I found, so the shield got left by the wayside.

B6yM5w2.gif