As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, you cannot have your name changed

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Last Fat King of Scotland

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aren't alt accounts a bannable offense?

I gave myself permission.

You're a very nice man.

I think you're wonderful!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hello, Mrs. P.

MKR on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Samoan Hug Machine.

This would have been the best name.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was very fond of Cardboard "Two-Sheds" Tube

Squall on
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hey...I mean if you want to change my name to either

Sexi_Squidward

or

Squid

I'm known by Squid in the IRC and Sexi_Squidward by the rest of the internet

I made this name without thinking (well I was all about this name cause it's my xbox name but I'd prefer to be Sexi_Squidward or Squid if possible)

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I made this name without thinking

And posted without reading the thread title?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I made this name without thinking

And posted without reading the thread title?

Well I kinda posted JUST IN CASE they see it and want to help a girl out hahaha

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's been a while since we had one of these. I'm looking forward to the response.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Quoth wrote: »
    you cannot be serious

I'm pretty sure he is.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I was going to say, 'if you'd actually read the first post in this thread, how exactly do you think it will end?' but I see that an infraction has already been handed out.

That answers that.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    The reason for the infraction is gold.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    "Reading Comprehension Award" is an award winning name for an infraction haha

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Oh stop being so mean ppl...yes I got in trouble no need to be the kids in the room to sit there and point out the obvious

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    being mean to people who make really dumb mistakes is the only thing that makes us feel truly alive

that and my little pony/star trek slashfic featuring hillary duff

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think I need to read that fanfic lol

also it was a mistake, dumb or not you learn from it...if it were possible I'd have it deleted to stop this embarrassment because I didnt think it would lead to such a big deal at the time.

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Quoth wrote: »
    being mean to people who make really dumb mistakes is the only thing that makes us feel truly alive

that and my little pony/star trek slashfic featuring hillary duff

I'm glad motherhood hasn't blinded you to the things that really matter in life.

Like My Little Pony.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Since Vanilla has the ability to let us change our own usernames, are we going to get the chance to?

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Since Vanilla has the ability to let us change our own usernames, are we going to get the chance to?

do you really want to see the day when you don't recognise a poster because their username is a flighty fashion choice? Also, I'd presume it still has an effect on the servers.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    Well, this explicit reinforcement of existing rules puts an end to my dream of being Sexi_Sexi_Shaved_Kitteh_69_lol. I was really banking on that.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular

do you really want to see the day when you don't recognise a poster because their username is a flighty fashion choice? Also, I'd presume it still has an effect on the servers.

Well, the reasons given as to why we can't have our named changed are kind of invalid now. Tube won't have to spend all his time changing names, and the forum software is (hopefully) stable enough to take the strain. Theoretically, all that has to happen is an admin flips a switch and goes "Ok fucktards, you have 24 hours to make up your minds" and that can be that.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Would be nice, I haven't used this username in over five years and I only change usernames every ten or more years.

47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    It's not going to happen because we're not mature enough to handle it. The first time Tube opens a window for us to change our names, someone will pick an offensive name or a name similar to someone banned or whatever just to rouse the masses or garner attention. It would also be very confusing to have names constantly changing if Tube did it on a regular basis. And no matter HOW often it happened, people would constantly PM Tube to open name changes because "Aphid Milker" is no longer the witty Meme of the Week.

But, most importantly, it would mean no more coin flip name changes. And we can't end that.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I'm patiently waiting for the day when I can try my luck at another coin flip.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

Well, the reasons given as to why we can't have our named changed are kind of invalid now. Tube won't have to spend all his time changing names, and the forum software is (hopefully) stable enough to take the strain. Theoretically, all that has to happen is an admin flips a switch and goes "Ok fucktards, you have 24 hours to make up your minds" and that can be that.

Those aren't the only reasons I don't change names, and no, we will not be allowing name changes on the new boards.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tube, any chance we will see the whining forum return on occasion with the new forums, even if name changes are not part of the experience?

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I got a question: What if we pay you a large amount of dollars?

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Offers of that nature have not had a positive reception, historically speaking.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    'Tis not a offer, 'tis a question for the FAQ. 8-)

But thanks for answering my question. ;-)

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote:
    Tube, any chance we will see the whining forum return on occasion with the new forums, even if name changes are not part of the experience?

It's always possible, but I think there's a good chance that joke has peaked.

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote:

How about a Positive Outlook Forum? A place where cynicism is not allowed.

• Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    MKR wrote:
    DoctorArch wrote:

How about a Positive Outlook Forum? A place where cynicism is not allowed.

We already have one of those. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/142957/ponythread-v-the-friendly-frontier

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Buraisu wrote:
    I got a question: What if we pay you a large amount of dollars?

There was a (or was it two?) name change on the list for last year's Solid Saints Auction (for Child's Play), so it's technically possible that the same will be offered this year 'round Christmastime

edit: http://solidsaints.com

Usagi on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    As I recall it was 2; one for yourself, and one was a community drive to rename CT, hence him now being LPS.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    everything about this is poop

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    everything about this is poop

You're just worried that your name would be changed to Burden of Poop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Can we get the new names from the Solid Saints auctions tossed in the OP?

• Options
    no. why would we.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Because I wanted to see people's new names (like I just saw Mr. Defecation just simplified to M.D.) and also give further praise to those that giveth to charity.