As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

1323334353638»

• daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    daniant wrote:
    Awesome. I had a feeling Phyphor was, but didn't want to vig him because of the magic box.
    That's what made it obvious that he was mafia.

YES.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    daniant wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    daniant wrote:
    Awesome. I had a feeling Phyphor was, but didn't want to vig him because of the magic box.
    That's what made it obvious that he was mafia.

YES.

Knew you were the last vig, but then I died. I hate foreseeing my death, means I got almost everything figured out.

oh h*ck
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well that was a fun game, thanks for running it!

Looks like I have to dance around like a monkey day 2 to keep out of suspicion.

I think lonelyahava's game has 2 or 3 more openings in CF, it is going to be a vanilla mini, plus role playing!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    It's a shame the forum change over derailed this fine phalla, but it looks like I was getting shanked tonight so I guess for me at least everythings coming up Milhouse!

Thanks for running the game Eri and throwing the doors open to new players, I've always been intrigued by phallas but never worked up the courage to take part.

I'd love to go at it again with the rest of you guys, do many of you guys play in the CF board or is this mostly a D&D crowd? How often do D&D phallas come around?

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    This was a really fun Phalla, thanks for sharing it with us Lady.

• Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    It was my pleasure, I think everyone had fun even though it didn't finish.

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Lady Eri wrote:
    It was my pleasure, I think everyone had fun even though it didn't finish.

Aww baby, you know I don't have to finish to enjoy myself. Sometimes I just like being close with you <3

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks Eri for an awesome game.

Special props to Laos and Spectre (in particular, though there are others) for mega-posting.

• Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote:
    I love how the evil proboards start off with ololtehspectre and end with fffffkillspectre

Also, I fucking knew todd was evil

In the interest of improving my play, what gave it away?

I hope it wasn't my sudden drop in posting. I really did start an internship midway through this game.

filefile.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I find it hilarious that B:L's name comes up with an emoticon every time he is quoted.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Excellent game all around.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    AngryPuppy wrote:
    I'm suspicious of Honk too - have any of the known mafia voted for Arasaki previously? Sorry for being too lazy to do the work myself but I thought I saw some mention of that in the last few pages and can't find it at all now. Could someone link me to the magic box?

I'm pretty sure I'm screwed either way but for the record I voted Arasaki simply and plainly because he was being an ass. I thought that was pretty obvious.

PSN: Honkalot
    Oh nice, for some reason I couldn't see the thread beyond the page I last posted on, and thought this was still running.

• AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    !Honk

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, sorry I didn't pay much attention. I could have been more useful, I bet.

Savant: How come you were "waiting to see how long the mafia took to kill [me]"? I mean I was waiting too. I guess you were pretty convinced I was a vanillager?

edit: Good job, by the way.

Drez on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    I find it hilarious that B:L's name comes up with an emoticon every time he is quoted.
    I hope you appreciated me saving your ass. 8-X

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Jason Todd wrote:
    TehSpectre wrote:
    I love how the evil proboards start off with ololtehspectre and end with fffffkillspectre

Also, I fucking knew todd was evil

In the interest of improving my play, what gave it away?

I hope it wasn't my sudden drop in posting. I really did start an internship midway through this game.
    A big part of it was your voting history.

You always seemed to want to do something different than myself (who I knew was a villager) and Savant.

Btw, my paranoid ramblings against Savant were used to keep the baddies from attacking me. I didn't actually believe all that shit I typed. :P One of my big strategies in these things are to be outspoken, but very brash and upsetting, to the point it is possible I get voted out each night. That way the mafia usually doesn't attack me.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Good game though, thanks Eri!

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote:
    Btw, my paranoid ramblings against Savant were used to keep the baddies from attacking me. I didn't actually believe all that shit I typed. :P One of my big strategies in these things are to be outspoken, but very brash and upsetting, to the point it is possible I get voted out each night. That way the mafia usually doesn't attack me.
    2qtd2qq.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    B:L wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I hope you appreciated me saving your ass. 8-X

• SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:

Savant: How come you were "waiting to see how long the mafia took to kill [me]"? I mean I was waiting too. I guess you were pretty convinced I was a vanillager?

If you look at day 1, you were about to be eaten by the multiway tie and shenanigans, but B:L switched his vote off of you at the very last moment which saved you. That made me think that you were extremely likely to be a villager. However, you were acting suspicious enough otherwise that if the mafia didn't realize that I knew that you were a likely villager they might try to get some suspicion headed your way to seem reasonable and try to deflect some attention from themselves.

Void slayer tried that trick and it sure didn't work out too well for him.

Savant wrote:
    Drez wrote:

If you look at day 1, you were about to be eaten by the multiway tie and shenanigans, but B:L switched his vote off of you at the very last moment which saved you. That made me think that you were extremely likely to be a villager. However, you were acting suspicious enough otherwise that if the mafia didn't realize that I knew that you were a likely villager they might try to get some suspicion headed your way to seem reasonable and try to deflect some attention from themselves.

Void slayer tried that trick and it sure didn't work out too well for him.

Gotcha.

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    If there's a category for denied glory at this year's Phallawards, I'm voting for Savant. Mafia dancing like puppets on his strings and it all falls apart thanks to the forum changeover.

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    First, thank you to Lady Eri for running the game.

That said, Savant, no joke, I think I learned more in a few days of being networked with you than in the previous 10 games combined. Really well played, sir.

And now that I can say this out loud, thank you TehSpectre for being so damned suspicious of me. I'm pretty sure that is the only thing that kept me off their hit list.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    We were too lured in by the prospect of shenanigans to play as well as we could have.

fuck gendered marketing
    Honestly, while it sucks to be a human sacrifice, you guys had 10 people. On Day 2, I would have suggested a few of you guys throw one of your own under the bus and for one of you to be the first person to suggest it. You obviously have to do it in a non-stupid way, and you need to do a little setup for it on Day 1, but it would have been doable.

To win, you really only need one of you to survive through to the end and if you all contribute to the strategy, it is a net mafia win. In the back of my mind, I was wondering if Savant was a mafioso playing a very risky but potentially very clever game. I mean, with 10 mafia, I wouldn't put it past the mafia to throw one of their own out onto the pyre just to "exonerate" one or more of their own. I actually found it suspicious that he was so easily identifying mafioso. (You can take that as a compliment, Savant.) I never said anything, because that would have looked damned suspicious...which is another reason it's a good idea.

But then again, I'm very paranoid.

I mean, seers make that a little more complicated, but you can still do a bit of damage before a seer can find a voice.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    What actually surprised me about this game was that neither of the vigs did a reveal at the start of day 1 - all roles were public and the network could have gotten off to a great start without having to get lucky (which they did anyway)

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Alt: DUE is always evil

I did offer to get thrown under the bus right as people were starting to suspect low post peoples.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wish I could know two things: A ) who killed me? B ) Why was I mafia'd? Just because I was annoying?

21stCentury on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I really thought I was on my non-suspicious a-game, for once. Am I that predictable? :P Fun game, all the same.

wVEsyIc.png