As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

why do you hurt me, school

• PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Waiting on final unit marks not looking forward to it.

PixelMonkey on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    in half an hour i have to sign up for my courseload

last year when i clicked the button it yelled at me because apparently i never finished high school
    so i had to call the university and get everything sorted out

wonder what'll happen today

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    I should maybe start studying for the FE

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    All I wanna do is cancel my registration.

That's it.

I'm outta here, Purdue.

So why the hell won't the registrar's office answer my phone calls? It's during business hours! I know there's someone there!

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    the euler-lagrange equation can go fuck itself with a rake

who the hell differentiates with respect to y'

a sadist, that is who

and then I lost track of the example in the textbook because I didn't notice it said that he squared the result for simplicity ha ha haaaaaaaa rgrlblrblr this is the first homework assignment of the semester fuck it fuck it fuck it

• PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    DES2102 Design Practices: Pre-press: CR (69)
    DES3206 Design Practices: Information and Advertising Design:D (74)
    GDT3103 Serious Gaming :CR (60)
    IMM3228 Project Management Methodology:C (59)

did you

did you really get to take a course called "Serious Gaming"?

That. Owns.

• TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    There's something about midnight that breaks down my writer's block like nothing else. All afternoon and evening I can't type one damn paragraph without it being completely wrong and awful but as soon as 12:00am hits - BAM - I can see the entire project with complete clarity. Everything makes sense and I can finish this in under an hour.

Why can't I tap into this at a time which doesn't inconvenience the hell out of me?

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    my fall classes own

although i am taking a 7-week saturday class as things stand right now. i think it'll be worth it to have one less thing come finals time, plus the topic is really interesting.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    got a 4 on my AP Psych exam and a 5 on my AP English exam

feels good

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    got a 4 on my AP Psych exam and a 5 on my AP English exam

feels good

congrats!

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Got 4s on my APUSH and AP Language exams

content with that

• AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    Research blows. Hanging out at a children's museum all weekend trying to get kids to follow me to the basement so I can run experiments on them while I record it.

What's so difficult about that?

I just want this study to be finished.

thanks gare bear

• Darth AardvarkDarth Aardvark Registered User regular
    L|ama wrote:

a sadist, that is who

do you really prefer force diagrams and vector mechanics over a simply differential equation?

seriously some of the shit you can do with lagrangian mechanics is crazy, and would require a stupid crazy amount of horseshit with just F=ma and normal forces and all that garbage

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    I am procrastinating hard on this poetry interpretation essay. Langston Hughes is good, but not 1200 words good. Also community college is awful.
    Professor-

"There are rules for football, right? And rules for stock car racing? So why don't you understand there are rules for poetry?"

-On the class's complete and utter inability to understand sonnets

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Well done on the AP scores.

Lab practicals are this week. I will be happy to be done teaching this summer.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I agree with the notion that community colleges should be held to the same standards as a university. The system breaks down when the administration, and the teacher, don't believe it.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    1200 words on langston hughes? cake and a half.

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    i'm in a position where i feel like i can honestly talk about what is going on with me right now

i started medication, wellbutrin

it is working. working in the sense where my downfalls are not occurring. i can get up in the morning without freaking out. i can enter my place of business when my shift starts without having troubles breathing. i don't scream, or cry

but i don't feel like me. a lot of people who i care/havecared about don't like that me

i do like that me, i am kind of fucked up, but i am sincere and i care about the people i choose to interact with

today i have wanted to scream all day, but i couldn't or wouldn't, but i still felt the need to

that is my normal coping mechanism, and it does me alright

i've been on the edge of tears, but nothing will push me over, which i want it to because that would be an enormous relief

i don't enjoy smoking as much as i did a few days ago, i can't get up the motivation to do things i want to do

not too many jokes, and if i do make jokes it is just because that is something i have been doing

i can get up in the morning no problem. today i woke up on time and went to work. no setting multiple alarms or hitting snooze or just being generally depressed, but i got up instantly

i want to tell my roommate that i really need his support right now, but if i do two things will happen

he will hang out with me reluctantly because i am not fun at all right now, and that would be a burden on him
    he won't hang out with me, because there is a female present, and i can't pry him away from that if i tried

i don't really want to be with anyone but him, him and i are close wavelengths right now

but still pretty much opposite

i am lonely, and am unsure if i even want to change that

so i guess my medication is working, but i don't get to be me or i won't get a shot at someone not despising me after two months

over and out

:c

how long have you been on it? sometimes it takes a bit to level out

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    My sympathies, mate. I hope you feel better.

L|ama wrote:

a sadist, that is who

do you really prefer force diagrams and vector mechanics over a simply differential equation?

seriously some of the shit you can do with lagrangian mechanics is crazy, and would require a stupid crazy amount of horseshit with just F=ma and normal forces and all that garbage

Oh I'm just whining

I ended up biting the bullet and just doing a bunch of unrelated questions with given solutions to figure it out and I've mostly got it, but then that led to not having enough time to finish off all the homework so heh

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Got a solid 2/1 on my second year overall. I'd like to see if I can bump that up to a first next year, but honestly I'm pretty happy with that as is.

• Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    Just turned in my summer research paper for a .5 credit class. The paper only had to be 10 pages, but I put it off for 3 weeks because I didn't want to do it. Knocked it out in one afternoon then sat on it for a few days before I edited and submitted it.

Overall, this was the easiest 7 credits of summer school I have ever taken, which is shocking considering it is all for law school.

Now I just have to finish my bar registration shit and I'll have a few weeks off before school starts in August!

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Here's to hoping that my hastily put together research paper that may not have been proof-read or edited manages to get a decent grade.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    hugs swilla, hope the medication is just taking a bit to level out and you'll feel better soon!

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    heute ist nicht meine tag

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    ok well that was

wow

That was, without reservation or exception, the most arbitrary, unreasonable, artificially time-constrained, bullshit exam I have ever taken, including the SAT and the LSAT.

He gave us three hours for an 11-page exam that I do not think a single one of us could have really felt like we "finished" had he made it an eight-hour take home.

The point value of each question was clearly listed, which was nice. The point value of each question was completely arbitrary and utterly divorced from the complexity of the fact pattern in the question and the number of issues brought up, which was less "nice" and more "complete fucking bullshit." Seriously, there were questions with dozens of issues worth fifteen points, and questions with perhaps five issues that were worth twenty.

So basically, rather than give us an exam that would allow him to grade us on what we absorbed from the class, he decided to give us three hours of complete torture and make the deciding factors of how well we did derive entirely from our typing speed and our ability to accurately predict on a cursory reading which questions would produce the cheapest points and which we should skip.

And this is for Professional Responsibility. The only required class in the upper-level division.

I thought he was a nice guy from his in-class behavior. He was clear, helpful, funny, has personal experience with the subject...

But now I know better. It's not blood, but purified, viscous hatred that pumps through his black heart. I would not be surprised to learn he had to use the still-beating heart of an orphan in whatever necrotic rite was required to craft a trial of such deviant cruelty.

whhhuuuaaghhhh that felt good

you're limited to 350 characters in ratemyprofessor.com so I had to spend them just accurately warning people about how unnecessarily difficult the exam was

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

i am marking essays again. did you know that god is widely acknowledged to be the supreme creator by popular opinion

I just slow clapped

I want you to know that, Orik

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Orik what advice do you have for an English major freshman?

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    don't be these ones that i'm marking right now

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i have take home exams for my summer school classes due in a couple weeks

i haven't looked at them once, or done the reading i was supposed to do for the classes for that matter

Orik what advice do you have for an English major freshman?

uh

go to your TA's office hours, or your professor's if you don't have TAs. always do the readings, and have intelligent questions about them. pay attention in class.

that's about it, really.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Went and saw Texas A&M today

jesus christ are most colleges that spaced out where you have to basically drive to every building?

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Large colleges, sure. Learn the bus routes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:
    ok well that was

wow

That was, without reservation or exception, the most arbitrary, unreasonable, artificially time-constrained, bullshit exam I have ever taken, including the SAT and the LSAT.

He gave us three hours for an 11-page exam that I do not think a single one of us could have really felt like we "finished" had he made it an eight-hour take home.

The point value of each question was clearly listed, which was nice. The point value of each question was completely arbitrary and utterly divorced from the complexity of the fact pattern in the question and the number of issues brought up, which was less "nice" and more "complete fucking bullshit." Seriously, there were questions with dozens of issues worth fifteen points, and questions with perhaps five issues that were worth twenty.

So basically, rather than give us an exam that would allow him to grade us on what we absorbed from the class, he decided to give us three hours of complete torture and make the deciding factors of how well we did derive entirely from our typing speed and our ability to accurately predict on a cursory reading which questions would produce the cheapest points and which we should skip.

And this is for Professional Responsibility. The only required class in the upper-level division.

I thought he was a nice guy from his in-class behavior. He was clear, helpful, funny, has personal experience with the subject...

But now I know better. It's not blood, but purified, viscous hatred that pumps through his black heart. I would not be surprised to learn he had to use the still-beating heart of an orphan in whatever necrotic rite was required to craft a trial of such deviant cruelty.

whhhuuuaaghhhh that felt good

you're limited to 350 characters in ratemyprofessor.com so I had to spend them just accurately warning people about how unnecessarily difficult the exam was

Perhaps it was really a test to see if you would stand up to him!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.