As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Potential Bug with logging in and e-mails

FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeatRegistered User regular
From vivixenne's mouth
re: I am not sure if this is a bug but this happened and I don't know why or how
I was able to log in earlier, right when they enabled access to some users.
In my User CP I changed my E-mail address and once I hit submit, the system auto-logged me out. There was no screen describing what was happening.
From that point on I have not been able to log back in, and nothing has been sent to my
potentially because of new E-mail address.

Franko on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The "confirmation" email gets sent to your old email address, so if you had an old email you no longer use that's where it is. Once you do that, it allows you to log back in as normal with the new email.

My whole account seemed to have revert to what I used when I registered like 6ish years ago.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Originally the confirmation email which got sent to my old email address didn't work at all (specifically "We couldn't confirm your email. Check the link in the email we sent you or try sending another confirmation email.") . I tried it again just now, and hey the link actually worked this time and now I'm not stuck as waiting for email confirmation.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I was in much the same boat as vivienne, except I didn't have access to the old email anymore. (It being from my university). In the end, I got Echo to send me a pw to my new address, and after that it worked.

A warning would be nice, perhaps redirecting you to a mod if you don't have access to the old e-mail. Such cases are probably rare though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I had to get ahold of a mod to get this fixed for me (literally just this second), but yeah. I don't have access to the old email account and I managed to lock myself out in an attempt to update my forum info while checking it all out.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This should no longer happen. The email confirmation role was misconfigured and did not allow signin. That is solved.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh sweet deal.

... Wait I don't know you! Are you a new admin overlord? :o

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    he's one of the vanilla forum guys

Ramius says he's a real wizard with real magic

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I just wanted to note that I just got out of some crazy limbo by changing my email back to the old one and then back again to the new one. Basically, a few hours ago I got the ability to log in, but I couldn't post anything since I was still "Awaiting Email Confirmation." I just set my email back to the original one, and then back to the new one that I wanted originally, and I can post and log in and all the fun stuff.

Just posting in case this happened to someone else and they're watching this thread for updates.