As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bug with linking in the forum navigation header

DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
If you click on a forum say:
Penny Arcade Forums » On-Topic Forums » Games and Technology

Normally...
Penny Arcade Forums » On-Topic Forums

would be hyperlinked.

On-Topic Forums is not hyperlinked, so you can't navigate to On-Topic Forums. It's kind of annoying, maybe it's my account that's messed up. I have to think this is a bug though, since it doesn't make sense to hyperlink Penny Arcade Forums and not On-Topic Forums.

y6GGs3o.gif
Demerdar on

• Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    I'm seeing this as well, it appears to be consistent regardless of what level you are in the forums. That is, D&D shows the same link structure as Moe's technology tavern
    Penny Arcade Forums » On-Topic Forums » Games and Technology » Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern. The same appears to be true of SE++ (link to se++ works, there is no link to that chat forums)

Taking a further look, it appears that what is going on is that there is no page for just the on topic forums, and so there's nothing to link to.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Seems intentional to me. As you cannot click those headers from the index page of the forums.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    It is intentional, but we might add a view that makes sense. Vanilla is traditionally not a forum that works the same way vB does, so a lot of the stuff like deeply nested categories (that look different as you nest deeper) we had to code into the theme. Anyways...

TL;DR - intentional, maybe temporary. Don't hold your breath though, it's bad for you.