As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo fans launching massive campaign to get Wii RPGs localized, Reggie laughs

18910111214»

• Options
    atmaatma Deep RiverRegistered User regular
    They've got the power to release and/or translate Disaster and Fatal Frame 4, now we're waiting on the entire end gen line up of RPGs? I'll see about preordering too, this shit we shouldn't stand idly for.

• Options
    potNPanpotNPan Registered User regular
    Even though I don't play games as much these days, it feels weird that there are no games I'd even consider buying for the Wii in the last year or so. This would solve that. If these games come out I'll buy at least 2. Why doesn't Nintendo want my money?

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    It all started with Retro City Rampage. Understand I realize it's not Nintendo's fault, as far as any can state for a fact, but I really, really wanted that game. I was all 'fuck the haters, I've been getting all the right kinds of awesome' until RCR turned out to, not, in fact, be coming to the Wii, in spite of the majority of its development life being allegedly intended for the console.

Then Skyward Sword became conspicuously absent from the horizon.

Then Xenoblade.

Then The Last Story.

I wasn't entirely sold on the Last Story, mainly because it hadn't expressed a wandering/exploration aspect to its world, but, I did like everything I DID see. I understand Skyward Sword is coming out at the end of the year, but...seems a bit moot now, don't it? We know the new system, and there simply are no high-profile, high caliber, or highly experimental games coming out for what apparently is going to be the entire Nintendo year. Are we supposed to be happy playing our 3DS instead? Is that it?

For what it's worth, I understand there's a lot of hullabaloo about Pandora's Tower, but I didn't even get a chance to want it before I knew it wasn't coming. And as you can see, there's quite a lot I already wanted that I apparently won't be getting.

• Options
    atmaatma Deep RiverRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed that from everything I've seen at E3 this year Nintendo seems keen on talking about launching systems and they've let games, the sine qua non, fall off the table of offerings. This year's E3 lineup was pretty much last years E3 lineup, plus or minus some far-off 3D stuff and a Zelda tech-demo. Actually a lot of tech demos this year. You disappoint me, Reggie.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It all started with Retro City Rampage. Understand I realize it's not Nintendo's fault, as far as any can state for a fact, but I really, really wanted that game. I was all 'fuck the haters, I've been getting all the right kinds of awesome' until RCR turned out to, not, in fact, be coming to the Wii, in spite of the majority of its development life being allegedly intended for the console.

WHAAAAT? Source? The official website still says it's coming to WiiWare, just after the XBLA version.

Edit: From the guy's Twitter account:

It's still coming.

RockinX on