As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Threads keeping text for posts that were never finished

Jimmy KingJimmy King Registered User regular
I started to type up a post in the programming thread. Then I realized what was wrong with my code and didn't need to make the post. Whenever I go into the thread, it still has my post text in the box, though. I can't get rid of it. I've deleted the text multiple times and cleared my cache, but the text still stays in the text box after reloading and even going off into other threads and coming back. It would be nice for the text to go away when deleted, or at least have a "clear" or "cancel" button (like making a new thread has), so that posts don't accidentally get made that a user changed their mind about.

Jimmy King on

• Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Go to the thread list for the subforum you're in (e.g. SE, D&D). There will be a link near the top for My Drafts. Go in there and click the X that appears on the right when you hover over that draft.

I believe that's in the new forum FAQ. Auto-saving drafts is a feature of the new forum. I agree that it should be easier to delete them.

• Options
    ah, awesome. I didn't check that since I never clicked save draft. I guess it auto saves. Definitely something I'd like to see done away with, although not something that needs an immediate fix.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Crap. I just noticed this isn't even in the right subforum. I meant to have this go in the Vanilla bugs/comments/feature requests.

Jimmy King on