As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Shut up! Aaah!

PS. My roleplaying is top notch. Hmph.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    If these boils end up being the plague I will be very cross with you, facetious.

At least, until I keel over and die a painful, lonely death.

Par for the course for our age, really.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    But seriously, if I get killed for posting too much yet again I will just give up.

... well granted, that one time that was the cover excuse for the fact that I was targeting a mafia member and they wanted to eliminate me, but still!

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote is closed.

narration in about 10 minutes.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    End of Day 1 Spreadsheet (up to post 244)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The plan was set. It was to be an all out assault on the castle. Well it was more of a small fortress then a castle, really. But it was to be done exactly as had been planned and practiced for weeks. The Saxons knew that if they could but get to one man within that building than all their troubles would be over.

At least until winter came.

But it was swift and fast the attack, but all at once, they knew something was wrong. Raynar was the first to fall, his back riddled with the arrows of his own friends. He had been told not to wear that purple cloak, it made him look a fool. But he had worn it never the less, and he had fallen for his folly, a fools mistake or a foe’s clever plan?

The attack proceeded on, but in the night, as the lit arrows of populist justice rained down upon the fortress’s walls, the spies from the Norman lines crept into the camp. They knew who they were looking for, but every man and beast and woman here wore a cap with a feather in it, and green leggings and clothes to blend into the surroundings. They were after peter... Robin Hood. They nodded and split up, but sadly, their knives did not find Robin Hood.

One of the stealthy spies in Saxon territory slipped into the silent night and slid his sword into the sheath of the soft belly of the sleeping Baldric, who was brave as brave could be, but alas would battle no longer the bullies from across the sea.

The Norman killer crept deep within the camps’ firelights, he could blend in as best they could, until he spotted, as he hoped he would, a tall and lumbering man too easy to dismiss. With silent skill and flair unknown he raised his crossbow and took his aim. The bolt left home and flew through the air, straight as the voice of Little John came through the night “Fear not, Aidan, I will protect ye with my life.” How true that was, but yet how poorly timed. The bolt was not for Aidan’s hide, but for Little John’s soft insides.

The towering man fell and the camp became a thunder, a whirlwind of activity as they wanted the giant man lumber for his last breath the bolt buried so solidly in his massive throat. The Merry men gathered, to figure out what to do next, but there were some who did not join, they also had been slain at night. One with an arrow, one with the blade. Wamba and Ealhild would never again show up to fight.

Dawn was rising to meet a new day. And new challenges began were others now lay. How will Robin and his band of merry men rise to occasion and make free this land and their friends?

The Dead

Warban;Raynar-Saxon;Killed by Vote

REG Rysk; Ryce—Little John; Guard-Killed by-mafia
    Phyphor; Bladric-Saxon;Killed by-mafia
    bratr;Wamba--Saxon;killed by-Vigilante
    daniant; Ealhild-- Saxon;killed by-Vigilante

inactivity warnings going out to: DUE, Malkor, KingMole, Wildcat

lonelyahava on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Pfft, you would think the mafia would keep me alive for the upcoming "phyphor is always evil" wagon. Also, I'm sad that my streak has ended

Phyphor on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Brave Raynar. You died well.

My grudge against is now over. God have mercy on your soul and may we meet in more pleasant times.

oh h*ck
    All PMs are sent. if you think you should have gotten a PM, let me know. I'm going out for a few hours, but I'll answer when i get back if necessary.

Game on

We lost our guard?

On day one?

That's inausipicious.

Real strong, facetious.

... and before anyone else can point it out, yes, I had my original vote on him. He was the mafia head who got me taken out in Phalla of Brass. >_>

Real strong, facetious.

Well, it's possible that we have another guard, but we're going to need to be careful with any village leadership that might come around. At least we still have firepower in the form of vig kills. And even better, no sign of any third-party serial killers. It's a straight fight in this game.

But lonelyahava did mention that there might be one or two oddball roles. Since this game is touted as being mostly vanilla, and the roles aren't going to be too out there. Maybe busdrivers or roleblockers at the most, nothing like cultists, thralls, millers, or even more enigmatic and unique roles.

Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 246)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just a friendly suggestion, but you should try some google docs or something similar, Mr Blarney. Tends to make public spreadsheets easier.

Oh, oh wait, in character.

Hrmph, Little John has fallen. Tis a sad day for this lot.

Facetious, Ill warn ye, but you are making me a bit suspicious now. Might ye be a traitor and perhaps the Lord saw it fit to send this chill to tell me so? Besides, everyone knows God hates a Norman.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    Brother, I knoweth well that mine actions are suspicious; I can only appeal to thine logic that all I hath wrought hast been borne of confusion, not malevolence.

Real strong, facetious.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    facetious doth protest too much.

Just a friendly suggestion, but you should try some google docs or something similar, Mr Blarney. Tends to make public spreadsheets easier.

Aye, it has been suggested to me a number of times in the past that I use Google Docs for my spreadsheets, but I have found it a bit slow, and some of the options I use in Excel (namely striking out past votes while keeping current votes untouched) are not available in Google Docs. Since most seem not to have a problem with downloading the Excel spreadsheets, I have not found the need to change my procedures. I did recently change over from 2003 to 2010 out of necessity (new computer), but I don't believe that's changed anything.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Maybe a bit of a story will lift your hearts, Sit around yon ale-barrel (though keep thineself away from the cheap peasant swill, methinks tis not water he has diluted it with...

On my travels, a rumor of a great and powerful magician up north caught my attention. He wore a large, pointy hat that ended up low enough on his head to hide everything but his eyes- like a wild beast's, they were- pale yellow and so small, they almost looked like slits. When he was angry, twas naught any man could do but cross his eyes and pray to not get struck down by the hand of God from a clear blue sky, or one might be found encased within a block of solid ice in the middle of summer, or roasted like a lord's dinner during the harsh winter. His magick robe was an unknown bluish fabrick- riding high enough to cover his nose and bury his arms within the thing's sleeves... but the power he wields would put old Merlyn's beard in a knot (if that girl he's with hasn't done it first, but that's another story...)

One of his favorite tricks was to go riding with his most loyal companion- a youth in red armor, with hair that was as bright red as the fires of Hell itself must be. They would go roaming through the forest, looking for brigands and highwaymen to ambush.

Once found, they would goad one of the men into attacking one of them, and the gifted mage made like he was turning his hand. T'would cause one of the highwaymen to blink his eyes as he brought his sword down or fired his arrow- only for them to find out he'd attacked someone else- his own companion. Though the remaining men of low moral standing would stand around, the warrior in red would then take a few steps forward, swing his myghty swerd, and step back, watching as somehow his enemy was covered in slashes and would fall to the ground, disabled or dead. A brief celebration would take place, during which time the bodies of the foul vagabonds would be searched, and everything interesting they carried claimed as spoils of battle and trophies made of usable equipment.

Now, what was that spell the mage used... I think it went something like "Indyan trailith, greyhoundicus, busdryverio!"

...or not. If that had worked, yon town fool would have switched places with yon sheriff, and 'twould be very bad if the sheriff ended up covered in the contents of a chamber pot instead of yon fool.

Alas, I see no evidence of a mage powerful enough to cast the busdryver spell around this battle-scarred land. Perhaps that might change, but as for now, I believe that you owe me a plate of your best bread and cheeses, as well as a tankard of your best ale- provided it is not from yon cheap barrel you keep in the hole underneath yon privy.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    This is what happens when you vote for me

Wait

This is what happens when you don't vote for me

Wait that's worse

This is what happens when you don't pay your taxes Damn it Oswald keep it together

bigbosssig.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I am renewed! It seems that this parchment that the partchment that I have sent my letters to has been washed away by the heavens.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Hmm, Facetious's activity last night was somewhat suspicious, but on the other hand, seems a little too obvious to me. Much like in that other world of brass men, my impression is that his actions are not born from malice. That impression may change, of course, but for now I'll reserve my vote.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Daius ho!

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Facetious is always suspicious.

He does that.

Doesn't make him village, but whatever.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I would be suspicious of Facetious if he was not acting suspicious.

• TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Really strange thing that happened yesterday: Zandracon, Warban and Daius are all tied up and then Blarney comes in and votes for 38th Doe for insufficient activity?

That didn't make a lot of sense. If inactivity is the target, Zandracon's sitting right in front of you.

I don't want to advocate voting out our remaining spreadsheeter right now. But I do think Zandracon makes a solid choice for today. It can give us leads based on yesterday's vote.

• DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    Zand's whole shtick is minimal activity, you got to give him credit for sticking to it.

bigbosssig.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !Turkson

OrokosPA.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    That was not a great night. quite a shame we lost Little John.

VayBJ4e.png
    Teucrian wrote:
    Really strange thing that happened yesterday: Zandracon, Warban and Daius are all tied up and then Blarney comes in and votes for 38th Doe for insufficient activity?

That didn't make a lot of sense. If inactivity is the target, Zandracon's sitting right in front of you.

Zandracon did in fact make two posts yesterday, one more than 38thDoe. But now that you mention it, I think I may have gotten myself so used to Zandracon's lack of activity that I'm beginning to overlook him. 'Tis something I shall need to look into.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm. The death of Little John is unfortunate, but if we're going to be losing any specials I suppose losing our guard is the least damaging.

There was such scattered voting yesterday it's gonna be hard to find any patterns; might be worth looking through MrBlarney's spreadsheet though.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    !Infidel for voting for me. As is the case with Sunday. This will be my only post, see y'all on Monday!

oh h*ck
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I don't know a whole lot about Turkson, but that post seems like he wants people to vote for him.

He could at least say why.

I could see this phalla having a village idiot.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Taya wrote:
    I would be suspicious of Facetious if he was not acting suspicious.

Hahaha. But seriously though, before I started playing Phalla I had no idea that I was such a suspicious character by simply acting like myself. I wonder how people view me in real life...

Ahem.

After my folly of the last eve, I hath no desires of casting my stone blindly once more; pray, fellows, giveth me thine wisdom, that mine ignorance may not lead us wrongly. 'tis worrisome indeed that I cannot tell the difference between our noble breed and those vile demonspawn.

Real strong, facetious.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    38thDoe I'm as blind as the rest of you guys, but I'm thinking the people who didn't have a huge wagon on them are suspicious. Normans might of moved the votes just enough to ensure their safety.

VayBJ4e.png
    After the loss of the guard, it doth appear that the Saxons were somewhat dismayed. But there was still a chance that thier skills would be able to locate and begin to eliminate the Norman threat. As for me? Having no battle with either side, I shall simply answer to the wind- and that where it takes me.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    JaysonFour wrote:
    After the loss of the guard, it doth appear that the Saxons were somewhat dismayed. But there was still a chance that thier skills would be able to locate and begin to eliminate the Norman threat. As for me? Having no battle with either side, I shall simply answer to the wind- and that where it takes me.

What?

So what you are saying is... you want to get voted out?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    Jayson's been confusing me all game.

Real strong, facetious.

Of course not! Tis simply the manner of speech I use. I have no quarrel with either the Saxons or the Normans- being neutral can be a wonderful thing sometimes.

Therefore, my goal is simply to survive and ensure that the tale of what happens here gets out to be known throughout the countryside.

It should not be taken as a death wish, friend.

But if ye truly have one, simply flirt with yon pretty serving girl at the bar there. I doth think that the last knave who tried that ended up with sores all over his... coinpurse, if you will.
    To make it absolutely clear, I'm a neutral mechanics seer. My win condition is to survive. If you have a good question you'd like for me to ask, PM me or just mention it here in the thread.

steam_sig.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    That's interesting. Are there any limits on what kinds of questions you can ask?

Why should we need a mechanics seer in such a simple phalla as this one?

Not as simple as it seemed, maybe?

Not today.