As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefox 5 problems?

itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing PrincessRegistered User regular
I love the fast new forums! No more clicking a link and then going to get a cup of coffee. But...

I can't post or reply to posts in Firefox. It just sits and makes little "thinking" motions, but nothing ever happens.

I've tried disabling the two or three add-ons I have, but that didn't seem to help.

I can post just fine in Safari on the same laptop, but I hate Safari and don't really enjoy using it.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some setting I can fidget with to make it work?

Not *that* kind of princess.
itchbay on

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Can you try installing firebug and seeing what error you're getting in the AJAX calls?

• Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    Does this mean anything to you:

{"FormSaved":true,"DeliveryType":"VIEW","Data":"","InformMessages":[{"CssClass":"Dismissable AutoDismiss","Message":""}],"ErrorMessages":"","RedirectUrl":""}

{"FormSaved":false,"DeliveryType":"BOOL","Data":"MQ==","InformMessages":[{"CssClass":"Dismissable AutoDismiss","Message":""}],"ErrorMessages":"","RedirectUrl":""}

• Options
    What should I have selected in the Console tab?

• Options
    Test

• Options
    Oh, woo hoo!

:x

• Options
    And then it stopped working again. *sigh*

• Options
    Will it work this time?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You don't have to keep posting just to test out your sig. You should in fact not do that.

• Options
    My signature has been broken for ages. I'll fix it eventually.

I'm trying to figure out why I can't seem to post from my laptop. Sometimes it lets me post using Firefox on my mac, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it lets me post using Safari, but not always.

But it always works on my PC, using Firefox.

• Options
    FYI, it's still not fixed using Firefox 6 on my mac. Which makes me think it's something about my mac.

Grrr.

• Options
    Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    This seems to be a Firefox issue. I've had the same problem on my ubuntu laptop, and after installing Opera, posting works fine. The site is just a little slower than I am used to.