As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Low-Carb Diets]: Now with awesome recipes on the first page!

1222324252628»

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why not do this instead for your crust? http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30161.html

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I've actually done a crust made of ground pork before. Afterwards, I decided that based on the flavor profile, it would be simpler to use the same ingredients to make a deconstructed skillet based lasagna with green cabbage instead of noodles.

But like I said, it's a convenience thing. Also, I don't have a food processor.

• BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Try almond flour, maybe with a bit of millet or barley to hold the stuff together. There's also matzo meal, which is impossible to digest.
    Of course, some regional types are unleavened, so you might as well use a matzo recipe.

BTW, what frozen veggies do you all recommend, and how do you prepare them?

So far, I'm eating a lot of green beans, snow peas, and broccoli. I bought some cauliflower, but I'm not sure how good it is frozen. I bought some Brussels sprouts that were really soggy out of the bag, but I'm not sure if that's normal or just freezer damage from a bad batch. I'm avoiding carrots and corn, and potatoes. Although I'm thinking of buying some dried shredded potatoes for a GF pizza crust (Not low carb, obviously). I want to try the cauliflower one as well, but again, no food processor or grater.

Does anyone have any thoughts on okra? I know nothing about it, but my dad really likes it, and I saw it for $2.50 for 2 pounds at Cash & Carry.

For preparation, I usually like to do a stir fry or roast them in the oven with animal fat. Soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chiles, etc.

So I need some help convincing my dad to reduce his carb intake. Does anyone have some good links to sites that provide a comprehensive list for counting carbs to help him put it serving size in perspective?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lose it, while meant more for calorie-counting, does keep track of macronutrients and allows for custom food entries if you can't find something in their database.

YL9WnCY.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of carbquick pizza crusts, if you dust em in olive oil they can get reasonably solid and crispy

• MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    So I need some help convincing my dad to reduce his carb intake. Does anyone have some good links to sites that provide a comprehensive list for counting carbs to help him put it serving size in perspective?

You could explain that a Chipotle burrito (on Tortilla) with Rice, Pinto Beans, Barbacoa, Tomato Salsa, Corn Salsa, Cheese, Sour Cream, Lettuce, and Guac is 1185 calories. Take away the rice and tortilla and it's suddenly 765 calories... still ungodly high in sodium but that's what water is for! Drink extra!

Two McDouble's from McDonald's will run you 780 calories (with 66g of carbs mind you, about 13 teaspoons of sugar). Remove one of the buns (stack that shit) and it's suddenly 640 calories for one giant ass burger, and you cut the carbohydrates in half.

Fake edit: In the Chipotle example, the carb count was 116g before, 49g after. A teaspoon of sugar is ~5g.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell