As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hard Reset] - What's all this about v1.0?

M_WM_W Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Games and Technology
Hard-ResetLogo-600x300.jpg

Hard Reset is a new old-school FPS from Polish developers, Flying Wild Hog, the combination of members from CD Projekt RED, People Can Fly, and City Interactive. It takes place in a cyber-punk setting and has you fighting off hostile robots. Your arsenal consists of two transforming weapons that give you a much larger arsenal than you would expect. This paired with destructible environments and loads of enemies is sure to make for an excellent old-school shooting experience.

You can get the demo at http://store.steampowered.com/app/98400. Hey, why dontcha pre-order while you're at it? GET IT NOW!

Trailers:

http://youtu.be/XoEULxM3K0U
http://youtu.be/Kc9tnQ7eFdU

Screenshots:

10-590x347.jpg
4-590x347.jpg
1-590x347.jpg

M_W on

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Colour me intrigued. Anything east European with a decent budget is usually gold.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I certainly like the aesthetic they've chosen. I second Big Isy's piqued curiosity.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    M_W wrote:
    Original Source at PC Gamer

Hard Reset is an upcoming Sci-Fi FPS developed by Flying Wild Hog, a studio composed of veterans of three Polish game developers People Can Fly (Painkiller, Bulletstorm), CD Projekt RED (The Witcher series), and City Interactive (Sniper: Ghost Warrior).

One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong,

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    M_W wrote:

Hard Reset is an upcoming Sci-Fi FPS developed by Flying Wild Hog, a studio composed of veterans of three Polish game developers People Can Fly (Painkiller, Bulletstorm), CD Projekt RED (The Witcher series), and City Interactive (Sniper: Ghost Warrior).

One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong,

Poor city interactive guys, imagine the lunch room discussions . People can fly "we made this great game " Cd projekt "Well we made this great game!" City interactive "...my company just made sniper ghost warrior...please don't hit me"

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    M_W wrote:

Poor city interactive guys, imagine the lunch room discussions . People can fly "we made this great game " Cd projekt "Well we made this great game!" City interactive "...my company just made sniper ghost warrior...please don't hit me"

City Interactive is the Robin to People Can Fly and CD Projekt's Batman.

• Options
    All I kept thinking was that Sniper: Ghost Warrior had decent foliage and you guys are being too critical. Then I remembered this game is going for a futuristic, Blade-Runner-Matrixy type setting. Yeah, foliage isn't gonna cut it.

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    M_W wrote:

To be fair, Sniper had some pretty spot on sniping mechanics, even if the game overall had a ton of flaws. Given the pedigree of the other two, I can't imagine they'd let Sniper's flaws creep into this. I'm definitely interested.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    Deus Ex 3, Prey 2, now this.

I don't know what happened or when, but someone decided that Blade Runner was the best thing ever. They were correct.

2011/12 is going to be one amazing year.

We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Sweet!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This looks pretty awesome.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The visuals make me think of Bioshock, Batman, and Blade Runner all rolled together. That is a good thing.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    What was the last actual major PC-exclusive FPS? Metro 2033? No, wait, that did come out for 360...I can't think of it. Anyway, the very idea of a PC-exlusive FPS is intriguing, and these obscure eastern European developers seem to have a really good record of producing cool, "made with love" stuff distinct from what the major publishers put out. So I will keep this on my radar screen.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote:
    What was the last actual major PC-exclusive FPS? Metro 2033? No, wait, that did come out for 360...I can't think of it. Anyway, the very idea of a PC-exlusive FPS is intriguing, and these obscure eastern European developers seem to have a really good record of producing cool, "made with love" stuff distinct from what the major publishers put out. So I will keep this on my radar screen.
    I think this is actually going to be released in a matter of a few months. Chances are, my feeb PC won't be able to run it, but I'm nonetheless excited for it.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote:
    Pretty sure the last major exclusive FPS was STALKER: CoP. Which was a year and a half ago. Incidentally, also eastern Europe.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    This looks exciting. I can't imagine not checking this out.

So, out in two months? That's nice too.

• Options
    Where are we getting the two months thing? can't view trailer so apologies if its ion there.

If true, I'm passing. Theres far to many definite AAA titles out that time to warrant risking a purchase on a new IP, created by an unknown developer... Well, sort of unknown.

I'm sure it'll be a great game but its competing with Saints Row 3, Deus Ex HR, Batman AC and Skyrim during that release window.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    Where are we getting the two months thing? can't view trailer so apologies if its ion there.
    unknown developer... Well, sort of unknown.

A developer made up from the people who made Bulletstorm and The Witcher are "sort of" unknown? 0_o

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    Where are we getting the two months thing?
    The article linked in the OP.
    Hard Reset is scheduled for release in September 2011.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Big Isy wrote:
    Colour me intrigued. Anything east European with a decent budget is usually gold.

Serious Sam! (kinda...)

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    M_W wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    unknown developer... Well, sort of unknown.

A developer made up from the people who made Bulletstorm and The Witcher are "sort of" unknown? 0_o

Was it Romero behind Daikatana? he was well known. And Will Wright with Spore. :P
    Those guys worked on some good games in the past but this is their first title together, if I'm not mistaken.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Cantido wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

Serious Sam! (kinda...)
    I'm going to be honest, here; I like Serious Sam, but I don't like it more than any other shooter. It feels to me like it was developed around the superficial elements of the old-school shooter instead of focusing on what those mechanics did to make those games so great. Non-recharging health, for instance, created moments of tension in games like the early id Software shooters. In Serious Sam, I either survive a horde of monsters or I don't. In case of the former, I usually get enough health and ammo to get to the next wave with no problems.

That's certainly not my only problem with Serious Sam, but that's a speil to have elsewhere.
    Big Isy wrote:
    Those guys worked on some good games in the past but this is their first title together, if I'm not mistaken.
    This is their debut title as Flying Wild Hogs, yes.

M_W on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    As I enjoy shooters of the Polish-developed variety, I am looking forward to this. Hopefully this doesn't come out near the probably-better-marketed Prey 2.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Oh man, I had never heard of this until today, and now I am psyched as hell for it.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Well now, this looks interesting...

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    At the very least, this game's marketing is a nice contrast to a series of announcements regarding announcements regarding a teaser trailer that may be released pending a certain number of facebook likes or twitter followers multiple years before the game's release.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Like this game for an exclusive hat in Team For- oh dear.

That sure is some pretty.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Numerical health and armor readouts (that also goes past 100%)?

what kind of sorcery is this

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote:
    Numerical health and armor readouts (that also goes past 100%)?

what kind of sorcery is this

I would be lying if I said that this right here didn't excite me almost as much as anything else. Not that I despise invisible/regenerating health, but I love me some variety.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I crave more information, but all I can find is various reconfigurations of the low down in the PC Gamer article in the OP.

I think IGN said it's coming to Steam, which is nice for us Steam users.

I want more details. What are my cyberman gunshooter superpowers? What kinds of robots of robotic dystopia will fall under my guns?

I think killing a complete shit load of robots would be alright.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    I crave more information, but all I can find is various reconfigurations of the low down in the PC Gamer article in the OP.

I think IGN said it's coming to Steam, which is nice for us Steam users.

I want more details. What are my cyberman gunshooter superpowers? What kinds of robots of robotic dystopia will fall under my guns?

I think killing a complete shit load of robots would be alright.

And then John was a robot.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote:
    And then John was a robot.

ily for this

• Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    I am interested in this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm sold. The game looks good.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I came here for the Voltron.

I feel disappointed, but still interested.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Heh heh heh - yes, this.

Also, the whole "still interested" thing.

• Options

I feel disappointed, but still interested.

Elvenshae wrote:

Heh heh heh - yes, this.

Also, the whole "still interested" thing.
    PROVOCATIVE HEADLINE SUCCESS

• Options
    New trailer is out, along with a Q&A, check out the OP for the link.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I still see a lack of robotic lions forming another giant robot...
    The trailer looks like it was just fighting the same mob over and over with a shotgun or electro-gun of sorts. I don't really think it's all that impressive yet.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    on my watch list just for the old school design ethic.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy