As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I guess I am in San Diego as well. (Comic-Con!!)

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    If anyone happens to swing by the off site nintendo booth at the Marriott, can they check to see if you need a comic-con pass to go in there? I was thinking about swinging by to try the games at the EA thing, since you don't need a pass for there.

steam_sig.png
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    futility wrote:
    Does anyone know where we are meeting?

I WANT DESSERT.

This? http://heavenlycupcake.com/

this will do in a pinch

Some guy.
  • feebsiclefeebsicle a feebs Registered User regular
    I vote for pinkberry because cupcakes are made of butts.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I third dat

• LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    I second that vote!

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Oh awesomesauce, I'm pushing for cupcakes! =P~

(Sorry, Lexxy.)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    I feel so betrayed.

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    How can you not like cupcakes?

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Arlight cool. Cupcakes it is. I'll update the OP.

Some guy.
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    how you been, fission?

actually, you too Fiz. you don't post ever on anything.

I've been really good, been working a new job.

I was pretty stoked to see you posting in this thread, hanging out in lines with you guys were some of my best memories of '08.
    same here. i just wish i was going to the dang thing this year.

Yes, yummy cupcakes of victory on Friday!

Now I still have to decide whether to come down to SD on Wed. night or Thurs. early afternoon...

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    So, aside from Twilight, is there anything really BIG at SDCC this year. The schedule didn't really have much that jumped out at me.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I wonder what it is going to feel like to have diabetes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    So, aside from Twilight, is there anything really BIG at SDCC this year. The schedule didn't really have much that jumped out at me.

Game of thrones, true blood, community, Walking dead. A bunch of other panels. On the Mysched on the SDCC site you can see what the most popular panels are.

http://mysched.comic-con.org/popular

edited July 2011
    Drat, I'm soooo sad that I have to miss One-On-One with Castle Star, Nathan Fillion!

(I am in love with Stana Katic.)

Bogey on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kochikens wrote:

Game of thrones, true blood, community, Walking dead. A bunch of other panels. On the Mysched on the SDCC site you can see what the most popular panels are.

http://mysched.comic-con.org/popular

That kinda makes my point. I don't see anything BIG like LOTR, Harry Potter, TRON, etc. I guess I'm thinking movie wise. There are some TV panels I'm looking forward to, Castle and Psych being the most likely I'll make it to. And hopefully the 60's Batman panel.

Bogey wrote:
    Drat, I'm soooo sad that I have to miss One-On-One with Castle Star, Nathan Fillion!

(I am in love with Stana Katic.)

It was pretty awesome last year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTL69m9CNM0

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    People are already in line for the Twilight panel.

People. Are already in line. For the Twilight panel.

There are people. Sitting outside the convention center. Days before the convention even starts. They don't even have their badges yet.

juggcat.jpg
    ......bluuugh
    im really worried about not getting into the GoT panel due to people being crazy. Gonna go in the morning right after I get my badge, but, still. Crazy people. at least the line for ballroom 20 isn't out in the hot ass sun

Kochikens wrote:
    ......bluuugh
    im really worried about not getting into the GoT panel due to people being crazy. Gonna go in the morning right after I get my badge, but, still. Crazy people. at least the line for ballroom 20 isn't out in the hot ass sun

It actually does. They only keep part of the line inside, but the majority of it will be outside on the upper balcony area. I spent a lot of time outside last year waiting to get into panels

juggcat.jpg
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    With Twilight being the #43rd most popular panel on that list, I can only assume that it's just that they're crazy Twilight fans and not representative of how the entire con is going to work. Or at least I hope that's the case.

Proxima wrote:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that Comic-con's schedule, maps, exhibitors, guests, Twitter, and more is up on Guidebook - all available for offline viewing.

If you went to PAX or PAX East you might have used our mobile guide to help navigate the show (we were formerly The Conventionist.)

We are unofficial this year, but would love to become comic-cons official provider, so help us spread the word! (if you find it useful, that is.)

Anyway, grab it for iPhone/Android (native) or BBerry/WP7/webOS (web version) here: http://guidebookapp.com/getit

Let us know what you think! :)
    Oh hey, I forgot to thank you guys for this!

I'm using a WP7 phone, which SCHED* doesn't work on.

Kochikens wrote:
    ......bluuugh
    If I get to SD midday Thurs, can we cut in line with you?

@Ten: Maybe the rabid fans were too busy getting in line early instead of using SCHED*! :P

• Officer 1BDIOfficer 1BDI Registered User regular
    Fiz wrote:
    There are people. Sitting outside the convention center. Days before the convention even starts. They don't even have their badges yet.

If the article I read earlier is accurate, their waiting is all for naught because the convention won't honor their places in line until they get their badges. Not sure what they're thinking.

But this year's going to be madness if the clusterfuck that was the online badge sale is any indication. I'm stressing about the line for registering for next year's con, never mind all the panels I want to see (and I'm not even attempting Ballroom 20 this year).

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Fiz wrote:

If the article I read earlier is accurate, their waiting is all for naught because the convention won't honor their places in line until they get their badges. Not sure what they're thinking.
    they're waiting in line days before a TWILIGHT panel. i don't think their poor judgment is in question.

the SDCC's judgment tho is spotty. i really hope they realize a smaller con is better and shrink down (or don't move to vegas).

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    Fiz wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:
    ......bluuugh

It actually does. They only keep part of the line inside, but the majority of it will be outside on the upper balcony area. I spent a lot of time outside last year waiting to get into panels

It's outside but they had it covered when I was there, they had little tents. There were sections missing tents but, yeah. Better than Hall H.

Bogey you can for sure cut line! As long as we're not already in the Hall or something crazy. PM me your cell# so we can locate one another?

Also I assume the twilight people are gonna like, one at a time swap out and go get their badges or something ridiculous.

This thing is tomorrow! I don't know about you out-of-town folk, but I'm coming from less than ten minutes away and I have multiple suitcases packed up.

I will need a second hotel room just for my shit. You guys don't even know. It doesn't help that Bogey and Nads will be staying in my room. I have to pack pajamas so they don't have to see Madame Tussauds

juggcat.jpg
  • DavosDavos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would love to go to the GoT panel but after years of going to the con I'm completely over waiting hours and hours in line for a panel that is usually not that great. In fact, I don't think any panel can really ever warrant waiting 3 or 4 hours in line besides the tenacious D concert years ago.

All I expect of the GoT panel is the actors talking about how cool their job is and maybe some snippets of info for season 2.

Davos on
    For those of you traveling tomorrow, have a safe trip and I hope to see you soon!

AHHHH! I'm so not ready!!

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    paul

i just wanted to say

you're adorable

Spoit wrote:
    If anyone happens to swing by the off site nintendo booth at the Marriott, can they check to see if you need a comic-con pass to go in there? I was thinking about swinging by to try the games at the EA thing, since you don't need a pass for there.

steam_sig.png
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    Damn, I really need to sleep so I can go to this thing tommorow.

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    Spoit wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    That's probably the hotel we're staying at. I don't usually go to the videogames section at Comic-Con, but if I walk by it I'll ask or you.

Thanks bogey

steam_sig.png
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh my god I haven't slept in 30 hours and my brain thinks it's 8:30 am on Thursday

this is going to be a rough con, guys

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    if you guys go to the adult swim booth this year you can see a video of me running around in a bear suit

hello thread
    we are the sleepiest
    and at a hotel

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    dammit i want to hang out with PA folks nowwwww.

edit: sounds like they're requiring Con goers to wear both a badge AND a wristband this year?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    hey if one of you guys stops by the weta booth could you get me one of them team fortress promo coupon things hey thanks

xmassig2.gif
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Gonna be wakin' up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to make the drive to San Diego and get in line for the first Cap showing at 10

Ugh