As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Worlds 2

1171819202123»

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    I don't know what I was thinking when I passed this up during the Steam sale. I want to play it so badly now.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Always go magic

I mean sure, you could shoot 300 arrows at an ant, or swing a little piece of iron around wildly

But wouldn't you rather drop anvils from the sky to kill one enemy, then pick up said anvils and enemy corpse in a whirlwind to bash the other enemies to death?

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Magic is so worthless at the start, though. And you're given fuck-all tools to work with, everything feels locked. :-(

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    There's a console command to unlock all the skills that I'm going to use the next time I play. No way am I playing all the way through Hatmandor and the Tower of Fangs without being able to spec how I like.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Skillbooks are definitely an aspect that feels like a misstep. Oh hey, you're level 100000 and have all the points in the world, but since you've not found the book on a random merchant yet please spend them on worthless tat instead.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    And it's not just individual merchants either, seems like the availability of skill-books is randomized in general between play-throughs.

If you want a good variety of magic ASAP, there's a merchant at the Mages guild (hidden away on the top floor, if I remember correctly, thanks Topware) who always sells cards and skillbooks.

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    yeah mages guild is the place to get skillbooks if you're going for magic. I pretty much always play mage but I did use archery and swords quite a bit in this game. There are certain areas/enemies that are better suited to certain skills, which is one of the reasons I liked that you could work on multiple skills and weren't limited to just mage or archer or warrior, etc.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote:
    And it's not just individual merchants either, seems like the availability of skill-books is randomized in general between play-throughs.

If you want a good variety of magic ASAP, there's a merchant at the Mages guild (hidden away on the top floor, if I remember correctly, thanks Topware) who always sells cards and skillbooks.

It seems that the skill books are also random in the same game. There was a merchant who had two Warrior Skill books and by the time I could afford them he no longer had them.

Now I seem to be at the point where anything and everything dies to my 2h sword of doom! I actually kill things behind me I don't mean too. I'm still having fun with this, I'm about 8hrs in and just running around having fun killing things.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I keep meaning to start this but the length terrifies me, that and I'm also playing Dead Space 2 and Darksiders. Having this game running alongside those two would be a bit much.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Well you can finish up Dead Space 2 any time you like, just hunker down and push through. Darksiders I understand is a bit longer.

This might be a long game but it never got tedious for me. Well, except at the start when I had to cheese the giant ants with arrows. But still! It's not like you're in for punishment, it's a fun game.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    If I play Dead Space 2 any longer in each instalment, I'll have a heart attack. Darksiders is coming along nicely though.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Popped this back in recently after a while away, wanting a break from the other couple games I was trying to 100%. Anyone up for some multiplayer achievement whoring on 360?

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    So today, for some reason, my character decided to start looting things differently. Instead of pressing A to auto-loot enemies on the ground, now he's decided that he needs to sheathe his weapons and sloooowly kneel over every single one and open them like a treasure chest.
    Is this something that will fix itself again, or is it some sort of bug triggered by something I did? I'd really rather it not stay like this because it really messes up the flow of the game.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    That's down to the latest patch, you can change it in the settings apparently. The entire patch notes are on Steam if you wanna see it all, a heck of a lot of changes. I had the link but the freaking forums messed up and ate my damn post.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Dammit. Stupid assed forum. Tells me I triple posted and after I settle the last two posts, I find the first one vanishes.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    Dammit. Stupid assed forum. Tells me I triple posted and after I settle the last two posts, I find the first one vanishes.

I've had that happen once too.

Been meaning to play through this again but keep getting distracted by other things.

• Options
    I haven't really given it a proper go yet, played an hour or so before moving back to one of the other games.

on the plus side, I can probably avoid picking up some of the big AAA titles this winter. Especially since this game seems to be a huge time sink.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I've been playing this game a good bit since the steam sale.

It's interesting. The magic system is pretty neat.

The only problem is, I just finished the first chapter and my mage is already a walking god. I've got a spell I can spam that's 10 water, 10 lightning area effect that shoots off 5 different directs with homing. I've got summons that just go to work on dudes (10 water summons).

There's not much challenge in the game at this point. Does that change, or am I set to coast right on through?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Enemies get tougher. Oh yes.

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    Yeah, the jump in enemy health/damage whenever you switch islands is actually pretty drastic.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    JHunz wrote:
    Yeah, the jump in enemy health/damage whenever you switch islands is actually pretty drastic.

I noticed that.

Here's the thing though- My mage has so many amazing options it's comical.

I can summon 6 guys that hit like mac trucks.

If I just want them to take care of it? Boom, invisible. Good luck dealing with my posse monsters. By the way, near as I can tell that posse is the crew from the Flying Dutchman. I've even got a hammerhead shark and octopus guy.

I also just discovered the hypnotize spell. This is an aura you cast on yourself that can extend to a range of 9 that lasts for almost a minute. Things think about attacking you, and then change their mind.

My main attack spell is a spread shot maxed water spell with a lightning field aoe at the end of it. One shot blankets the entire area in the lightning field.

So it typically plays out that my summons are going to work on the monsters, who are dying from the electric field anyway, who also can't quite decide if they even want to attack me. The way it all plays out makes makes me grin.

A BIG tip for a starting mage- Get a fire and missile spell together. Don't put the damage on it; you just want the blind effect. Works on almost everything starting out. Next take that effect and put a damage effect on a separate row. You chain blind them while you're damaging them. Later on blind doesn't seem effective, but early on it rocks.

• Options
    What sort of guys are you summoning?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    2 Worlds 2 Furious

No wait

Two Worlds 2: Four Worlds

I never played Two Worlds

Two World Two Worldious?

Two Worlds One Cup

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    What sort of guys are you summoning?

I went with a storm shaman theme, so I maxed water and air. The summons use the water card (looks like a wave). That randomly summons an archer, a shield tank, a sword guy or a blunt weapons guy.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I summoned those undead guys the whole time through the game. Once you get to the second island they don't do a lot of damage, but they're invaluable for drawing aggro while I deal with threats one at a time.

EDIT: Apparently the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion and the Multiplayer Map Pack had gone up on the XBL Marketplace for a short time before being pulled. The Map Pack was priced at 1200 points ($15) and the Pirates expansion at 2400 points ($30). There were no achievements attached to either but there definitely will be for the actual release in October, as the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion is due to be a stand-alone retail release and you gots to have achievements for that. No idea if the Map Pack is supposed to add achievements, the only way I see myself dropping the points on that is if it has another co-op campaign. Looking forward to the expansion, though.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    I'd it possible to be a strictly magic only character?

• Options
    I'd say yeah, but you might struggle a bit at the beginning.

• Options
    h Hmm I was thinking I might be able too get around that by kiting early enemies but that tomb questline makes that tricky to pull off. I guess I could grind my way up on general wild lifeb before I head there.

• Options
    Yeah, you can do the tomb just about whenever, I think. At least before leaving the first island which is a good chunk of playtime.