As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Vegas Thread. Lonesome Road Trailer. DLC coming later this month.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I certainly don't regret Dead Money, it's just a shame about the elements not working out.

I really enjoyed Honest Hearts, but I wasn't a fan of the setting. But that's because I love exploring old ruined places, not beautiful verdant wildernesses.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Huh, has anyone else played this? I just finished it today, and it was really good. Probably my favorite DLC so far.

My favorite bit is probably the beginning, though. I spent around 45 minutes to an hour just talking to the scientists.

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Mori do you get caught in some sort of crazy trap in this one?

I'm sick of walking directly into traps just because I'm bored.

I have to blame it on the

a-a-a-a-alcohol.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    Jordyn wrote:
    Mori do you get caught in some sort of crazy trap in this one?

I'm sick of walking directly into traps just because I'm bored.

I have to blame it on the

a-a-a-a-alcohol.

Nope! There are pretty much no crazy traps in this one, and you even go into the DLC with all your stuff!

ooooooh that sounds like my kind of joint.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    There are roboscorpions, though.

Lots of roboscorpions.

But yeah, it's been my favorite DLC so far. Lots of awesome crazy science stuff, cool ruins to explore, rad new items, and it's really pretty funny.

I can take roboscorpions. Pffff.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    Oh yeah? Prove it.

I will

give me some money.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm still playing fallout 3 over here

I do not like giant mutated animals

Sure I -

Shit, no money.

...I'll take your word for it.

I'm still playing fallout 3 over here

I do not like giant mutated animals

Fallout 3 is still really good

I have to say I prefer playing the games on the console, though

but that's because I put dozens of hours into them and if I'm gonna do that I'm gonna at least be comfortable

(I should really buy a new computer chair sometime)

I was gonna replay Fallout 3 for blogging purposes.

Plus, I dunno, I just like the Capital Wasteland. Somethin' 'bout it.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    The Capital Wasteland is really interesting, aside from those god damn subway tunnels.

My main issue with Fallout 3 is that I didn't think the writing was nearly as good as New Vegas. But hey, I still got to bumble about the wasteland and shoot people with guns, and that was loads of fun!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    my dude is shit at science so he just wanders into buildings and a bunch of weird shit has gone down and all he can do is murder it and scrunch his face up at a computer screen

unless a raider has been on it, placing notes and such, because their passwords are apparently "murder" or something

Overall the writing was better in New Vegas, but I certainly didn't feel as connected to my character as I did in Fallout 3 where you grew up as the character.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    Jordyn wrote:
    Overall the writing was better in New Vegas, but I certainly didn't feel as connected to my character as I did in Fallout 3 where you grew up as the character.

Bethesda does do character creation segments wonderfully. Especially Fallout 3's, for those same reasons you said.

(I still have the damn Morrowind character creation process memorized)

I spent a lot of New Vegas wondering where I used to live, and could I go back there somehow.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • slowslow Registered User regular
    i was super late on new vegas (evidently not geebs late though)

it's pretty great, still haven't dead money'd

• slowslow Registered User regular
    thought honest hearts was pretty good

i don't see how someone could not get swept up in joshua "lightly barbecued vengeance mummy" graham's murderous rampage

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah the initial creation sequence for Fallout 3 was really damn good.

So my list of games to do right now are play a bit of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and see how far I wanna go with it before taking a break, then finish Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den, then go clear up Honest Hearts and do Old World Blues. Hopefully I'll be able to do that. Kinda getting a bit of shooter fatigue though, since I started Minerva's Den but haven't been able to finish it without a break to complete Assassin's Creed 2.

I never took the GOAT in Fallout 3.

I watched Ben do it and my little brother do it.

But everytime I was asked, I would talk my way out of it.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    The only question worth answering was the Tunnel Snakes do, in fact rule.

That was a question right?

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    There are roboscorpions, though.

Lots of roboscorpions.

But yeah, it's been my favorite DLC so far. Lots of awesome crazy science stuff, cool ruins to explore, rad new items, and it's really pretty funny.

This is the guy who walked into radscorpion gulch with naught but a tire iron and came out the other side unscathed with a pile of mutated arthropod corpses behind him.

This sounds like my DLC.

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    i liked dead money more than HH, by a reasonably large amount

just didn't really give a shit about anyone or anything in HH, apart from the tribals themselves which you didn't really do that much with, most of it was all through the 2 other guys

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    I will say I am slightly disappointed by the DLC on whole as it feels very incomplete compared to those released for Fallout 3. I was also expecting there to be increasing references to Ulysses as a build up to your eventual battle in future DLC, but beyond the teaser at the end of DM, there's been nothing which is a wasted opportunity to have an over-arching plot across all the DLC in addition to the individual plots of each one..

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The last DLC better be goddamned epic. I watched Mori play through parts of OWB, and that is exactly the sort of DLC I want to see more of.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I've liked these DLC better than those of FO3. Operation Anchorage was blurgh, Mothership Zeta was splegh, The Pitt was ok, Broken Steel was required and Point Lookout was fun.

I liked Dead Money best of all dlc for both. It was greatness. Haven't played Old World Blues yet though.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Mothership Zeta seemed like DLC where they put all their work into creating a fantastic aesthetic and then just tossed together some gameplay to set it all to. Point Lookout is probably the best of the FO3 DLC because it's just FO3 in microcosm set in the swamp. No funny gimmicks or anything else.

• DavosDavos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    so is OWB the best DLC for either f3/fnv as of yet? that seems to be the word

Davos on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    do you have to reload a save from before you finish the game to play the DLCs?

I bought all the DLC from the steams, but haven't installed them yet...

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    jwalk wrote:
    do you have to reload a save from before you finish the game to play the DLCs?

I bought all the DLC from the steams, but haven't installed them yet...

Yes, you'll have to reload a save.

With the new patch, the game will ask you whether you'd like to save before you cross the point of no return.

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    I just got OWB and I have to say
    the stealth armor has the most adorable lines ever.

Almost finished with Honest Hearts now. At the critical choice part. Really short for a DLC, unless this next part is extremely long. I've already gotten OWB and have it ready for playing soon as I finish up in Zion and sell all this shit off.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    It's long because you can't fast travel.

I spent a goodly long time with Honest Hearts though, just wandering around, doing quests, trying to find all the Survivalist's caches and generally just soaking in the environment.

Yeah I've done some exploring around. Sad part is I'm not even level 39 yet and aside from the end there are no more quests left. Might not hit cap before OWB.

Also my game is a lot more crash happy recently. The patch they released to fix bugs seems to have added in new ones for me.

No, all of the sudden it's just any time I try to fast travel my game crashes. Great. :x

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Oh man. Very beginning of OWB:
    I was thinking "this is reminding me of Venture Bros." They got Rusty to voice Doctor O, or if not, that guy is a flawless imitation.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zay wrote:
    Oh man. Very beginning of OWB:
    I was thinking "this is reminding me of Venture Bros." They got Rusty to voice Doctor O, or if not, that guy is a flawless imitation.

Yup, that's him.