As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Holy shit, at its worst it's never been that bad for me on xbl. And on green bar, its SF-quality, maybe even a bit better.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah. The first month of Tekken was pretty bad, especially since you couldn't leave matches.

It became a lot more tolerable after the patch. That being said, I really don't like playing online in general unless I have to these days. Been playing offline a lot more so the transition does become frustrating. But I'm always up to play friends and such.

Dragkonias on
    edited June 2011
    I'm only even considering playing online because I need to get practice in, and friends aren't always available. Plus for matchup practice, sometimes there is no choice if someone doesnt play the char you are having trouble with locally.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I also have no desire to every play randoms online, good netcode or bad, but I'll put out some effort to play people now and again.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I'm only even considering playing online because I need to get practice in, and friends aren't always available. Plus for matchup practice, sometimes there is no choice if someone doesnt play the char you are having trouble with locally.

Yeah. I will give online that...you generally do get to see other characters and their gimmicks. :P

Dragkonias on
    edited June 2011
    Too bad I play Julia.

Completely self-taught Julia at that.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Trying to learn characters by yourself is fun.

I have a completely self taught dragunov that is fucking terrible but he's a fun secondary. :P

Yeah, the netcode of Tekken 6 before the patch is nigh unplayable.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited June 2011
    It's fun. Right up to the point where I have to start working on juggles. That's when I stop playing.

Page- on
    stream
    edited June 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »

I have a completely self taught dragunov that is fucking terrible but he's a fun secondary. :P

I just learned last night how to set the AI in training mode to do certain things so I can see how to punish. I'm going to be working on that to learn punishment options for the major characters and also doing sets of King bnb's into iSW. Now that is some shit you cannot mash.

Hiryu02 on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »

I just learned last night how to set the AI in training mode to do certain things so I can see how to punish. I'm going to be working on that to learn punishment options for the major characters and also doing sets of King bnb's into iSW. Now that is some shit you cannot mash.
    You play King too? This may be the first time we've played the same character.

Walt on
    edited June 2011
    Well, I started with Dragunov, and I'm better with him as of right now. But what pushed me to look at King was that combo video Diyake released recently (linked below) and it just wowed me.

Now I know that it's a combo video and I'm not going to be landing 90% wall combos in every round, but it just kind of opened my eyes to the potential of the character so I'm giving him a shot. I mean combos into grabs? I'm all on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qaQdLRHewk&feature=youtu.be

Hiryu02 on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh Tekken. I loved T3 and TTT Jin. I know T5's Devil Jin kinda replaces him but...it's not the same thing. I also never was able to do a EWFG reliably. Can't picture myself doing 3+ in a row.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, all the OG's in my area tell me that unless you have godlike execution, you cannot play a Mishima to their fullest potential.

Also Yay forums are back.

Hiryu02 on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Goddammit why do you people all have to be playing Tekken NOW and on the wrong system no less.

Now I have to buckle down and buy a 360 again.

I hate you all.

(But you all will hate me more because I play Lili and she kicks high)

Transporter on
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure we "all" are playing tekken. As I stated in an earlier post, I'm an anomaly. I'm trying to help re-start the tekken scene in my area, and as a matter of fact there is a 5v5 going down in my area in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, I'm trying to really learn the game in preparation for TTT2, which is likely over a year away, and because I'm understanding the good things about Tekken now.

I was just talking about online because I need matchup experience, practice etc etc. On xbl anyway if I get a 4/5 bar connection, the latency is barely noticeable. Hell, I actually landed a full juggle into iSW earlier tonight. I was quite proud to have puled it off online.

If you do end up playing Tekk on 360 again, let me know, I'm down to learn any matchup.

Hiryu02 on
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    And there was much rejoicing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    Yeeeeeeesss, it's about damn time. Well, that solves that question then. I was on the fence about SFxT, but this fuckin' cinches it.

brig_banner.png
  • Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    Shit yeah son! TK3 Yoshimitsu, this makes me really goddam happy

• SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cody?

day 1 buy

edit: oh shit and hugo

I guess I know what my team is

I am probably going to be playing this in favor if sf4 when it hits

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    oh man, this game is bringing the final fight love

xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I always thought Tekken 3 Yoshimitzu looked like the aliens from Independence Day.

xmassig2.gif

yesssss

also I agree about yoshimitzu, but thats probably why I liked that incarnation the most anyway

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Except Haggar gets defeated by a fucking suplex. I'm callin' bullshit.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited July 2011
    what if haggar gets to join too later to help round out the final fight reunion

I'd basically lose my shit

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    To be fair, it was a suplex in time with a beatdrop. I hear those hurt like at least twice as much.

Really enjoying the music choice in these SFxT trailers in general, even the Black Tide track in the first one was at least pretty hype.

Also, Cody/Lili and Marduk/Poison, all day every day (unless they announce Q)

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
    I think I pretty much have to play Poison/Hugo

xmassig2.gif
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am really new to the SF scene (only got into SSFIV recently), but I was a Tekken 3/Tag man back in college. I actually picked up Tekken 6 solely for laughs and to play with my old college roommate online.

This game stokes some old flames for me, but I'm mildly apprehensive about learning an entirely new fight system/mechanic. How different is this supposed to play from SSFIV? I know about the juggles, but not all that much else. If they confirm Xiaoyu, though, I will be forced to buy this on principle.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    From what I've seen so far, SF4 familiarity seems to transfer pretty well into this game.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Ehhhh, I dunno about that. Seems to be pretty divergent frm the SF4 formula.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Looks awesome, I had a huge ass grin when Guy and Cody walked in. Blackbeard, I will so chime in on the Final Fight reunion...and I'm old enough to remember pouring quarters into those machines back in the day. ;)

That said, Poison continues HIS trend of confusing the living FUCK out of men everywhere. Dat ass!

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    It still has footsies and zoning though. It looks like mainline Street Fighter with easier combos, more offense based play, and other gimmicks that aren't too bad.

It's probably why I'm so interested in it.

• BaratusBaratus Registered User regular
    Wow... King giant swing on Hugo. Awesome.

PSN: Baratus_JT
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    HA! Always loved Hugo. He's the result of Howard Stern messing around with a Gamma Bomb.

Wonder if they're gonna stick with Poison being a shemale. As odd as that is... it makes him/her interesting. Bet they're just gonna wave that though... as it was never a for-sure thing.

STILL WAITING FOR RUFUS! It's a tease to have Bob and no Rufus. It's either all or nothing with those two dammit!

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
    Wishpig wrote:
    HA! Always loved Hugo. He's the result of Howard Stern messing around with a Gamma Bomb.

Wonder if they're gonna stick with Poison being a shemale. As odd as that is... it makes him/her interesting. Bet they're just gonna wave that though... as it was never a for-sure thing.

STILL WAITING FOR RUFUS! It's a tease to have Bob and no Rufus. It's either all or nothing with those two dammit!

Actually it was confirmed, at least by the creator. That said, they might fudge it...I hope they do really. >,>

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who cares? You're not going to see Poison naked and have to worry whether your erection means you're gay.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    whatthe.jpg

well then

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Pancake wrote:
    Who cares? You're not going to see Poison naked and have to worry whether your erection means you're gay.

It's still awkward!

Really, it's more hilarious than anything if that were still the case. :P

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume