As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    Or in love with you (i've never seen a relationship of mine go down from 100 once it gets there in the first place)

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Is there a sweet spot for the number of vassals you have? My last game of PoP, I was basically trying to get all of Sarleon's vassals, but that just seemed like too many to keep happy.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    is the only way to up faction with one of your vassals to pull his ass out of the fire in combat or spring him from prison?

i guess im going to have to do some ride alongs to fix a few things

edit: Sigh I control half the map have all of 8 vassals and all of them but 2 have negative faction with me, im almost to the point where the only way not to piss them off is just to give me any seized territory. Although that makes patrolling that much more of a pain in the ass, but then these bozos dont really seem to do that much of a better job keeping their assigned fiefs patrolled.

That particular part of the game could really use some polish, does fire and steel clean that up anymore (avoiding it so far because when i play pretty much every musket shot kills me.... those bastards

Next game i might have to spend more time just grinding faction... their needs to be more ways to fix it... giving a lord 10 troops should give like 1 faction or something... i suppose my empress should marry someone so i can build faction with feasts and such

farbekrieg on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Is there a place to download the version 1.1 of Warband or whatever? I want to have version 1.134 installed separate from my Steam version, which is auto updated to the latest version. That's fine for native, but with every mod it has the nasty bug of making gloves/boots/projectiles disappearing from shops.

I only see the latest version up for download on the Taleworlds site.

Are you the magic man?
  • SkeezicksSkeezicks Registered User regular
    http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1134.exe

If you want a different version you can just change it in the download url. Make sure there's a 2 after "download".

• GuildNavigatorGuildNavigator Registered User regular
    Do we have a musket line battle mod group? I'm playing with the Reddit guys and this shit is hilarious. I got summary executed for forgetting to reload :O

• hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    I don't think PA has a mount and musket group, though I guess Reddit's is pretty good, and huge.

• DavosDavos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think polished landscapes is the best mod i've seen for warband

if they put out a sequel to warband with full voice acting and really great landscapes this would be a drastically better game. the vanilla landscapes are awful and bland.

Davos on
    Fuck voice acting. Just landscapes. I'd rather there be no voice acting at all than the usual videogame voice acting.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    With so many characters 90% of your troops would be voiced by the same guy that voices 90% of the lords if they took the Bethesda route.

i kind of like the game without sound so i can listen to a book on tape or listen to tv on 2nd monitor... faction is still killing me

floris the mod is pretty interesting but damn if it is a pain to get running (also it adds a bunch of music and sound im not using)

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to be queen as well and fuck Rhodok castles.

I finally took one at the expense of half my 103-man army. Now I've left a garrison of 50 and I don't think I can build it up high enough before it gets besieged. I sent an envoy to the Sultan, because I've been helping him out against the Rhodoks for the last 20 hours and he likes me, but I don't know if it will be good enough.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote:
    i kind of like the game without sound so i can listen to a book on tape or listen to tv on 2nd monitor... faction is still killing me

floris the mod is pretty interesting but damn if it is a pain to get running (also it adds a bunch of music and sound im not using)
    Floris is not a pain to get running. You literally just drag the folder into your modules folder.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote:

Floris is not a pain to get running. You literally just drag the folder into your modules folder.

It's easy to install, but weird errors can pop up the first time you try to actually run the thing.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • teg5511teg5511 Registered User regular
    Agreed, voice acting would be a pretty terrible idea. What would be cool though is if they could flesh out the dialogue for the lords so they were more unique and had more interesting things to say. It'd help if it was less obvious that the dialogue was just the same things over and over again with the variables replaced.

farbekrieg wrote:

It's easy to install, but weird errors can pop up the first time you try to actually run the thing.
    Not for me they didn't. Maybe it varies across installations?

with floris, ive had a directx issue, the sound ufo noise, the sound crash issue, randomly crashing to desktop no error, textures disappearing, hitting tab and locking up... really kind of a pain in the eyeball

so what is everyones favorite way to build faction? I thought i could just follow some lords around and try to help them out, but damn they are slow.

the only thing that helps me with the rhodocks is the tactics skill, but they still shoot me full of holes.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I think the more vassals you have, the lower your relationship with them. Or something like that.

Another thing about this, if you assign a fief to a lord that didn't originally have possession of it and the lord who did is your vassal, he will throw a monumental bitch fit about it and lose so much relation. Don't know if any mods change this.

Yeah, basically everything involving Vassals is a slippery slope of bad relations. If you have too many vassals they get mad, if you give your vassals fiefs they get jealous (and therefore mad), if you don't give anyone fiefs they get mad because you're holding out on them.

right now im going with the build up one vassal at a time, give them castle after castle after castle till they get to 100 an then move to the next one, it seems like the only option, the only problem is i have to lose castles just to win them back, it is a seriously flawed strategy.

So can someone explain what the "x% of nobles are disgruntled, y% are restless" that you see for a faction after you send a companion on a recon mission means? It's been higher for Swadia (who I am a part of) than the other factions in my game and I'm wondering if it has any relation to the fact that most of the nobles have pretty pitiful armies compared to the Nord hordes we keep getting into wars with.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm doing okay now, my faction (The Arc) has totally destroyed the Rhodoks and now I'm going for the Vaegirs. I would go for the Swadians or the Sarranids, since they're right next door, but the Sultan loves me and is at war with Swadia right now, so while they're fighting like little kids I can attack elsewhere. The Rhodoks were seriously tough. Those castles were brutal.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    mwahaha, I'm now the Marshall. The bad thing is, after yarloyek declared war on Swadia after our last war ended with lost land that he wanted back, literally ever fucking other country (everyone but the Nords, who were wiped out) is on our ass and I'm excpected to deal with them. I started out strong but cleared out an area of mixed control, but considering the lords who were given the land are fuck heads who couldn't control it we lost all of it back except dhim and its surrounding towns. I wish you could just assign people to hang out at a castle until you tell them otherwise.

In terms of musket warfare, is there any good musket mods? I know there was one on the taleworlds website, but I'm not sure how good it is.

ok im having count delinard decrease from 100 faction to 94 when i award other people territory..... wtf

also if i have recaptured all of swardia for iulo? the pretender to the throne, how long will it take to change from rebels to regular swardia faction

do i have to capture part of the original kingdom that might be in the sultans or rhodoks hands?

• local flavor policelocal flavor police Registered User regular
    I've never helped a pretender reclaim the throne. But when you annihilate a faction you have to wait for all of the lords to join another before it is officially gone.

Steam: LocalFlavorPolice
    damn that bastard harlaus still has 12 lords a leaping and a pillaging my fiefs

• cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    never die wrote:
    mwahaha, I'm now the Marshall. The bad thing is, after yarloyek declared war on Swadia after our last war ended with lost land that he wanted back, literally ever fucking other country (everyone but the Nords, who were wiped out) is on our ass and I'm excpected to deal with them. I started out strong but cleared out an area of mixed control, but considering the lords who were given the land are fuck heads who couldn't control it we lost all of it back except dhim and its surrounding towns. I wish you could just assign people to hang out at a castle until you tell them otherwise.
    Other than Diplomacy, are there any mods that address the stupidity of the strategic AI or make the reputation grind easier? Or is that stuff all unmoddable? As much as I love the battles, everything else is pretty much terrible.

cckerberos.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    cckerberos wrote:
    never die wrote:
    Other than Diplomacy, are there any mods that address the stupidity of the strategic AI or make the reputation grind easier? Or is that stuff all unmoddable? As much as I love the battles, everything else is pretty much terrible.

You can use TweakMB to change how much rep you get for all of the quests. It's iffy on mods since some of them change a lot, but still could work. It works great with Native. I pretty much always mod that stuff because the grind is pretty crappy.

• KorlashKorlash Québécois TorontoRegistered User regular
    I've upped the amount of relations I get when dealing with other lords and increased the renown for tournament battles so I wouldn't have to grind so much. It is well worth it.

396796-1.png
    Korlash wrote:
    I've upped the amount of relations I get when dealing with other lords and increased the renown for tournament battles so I wouldn't have to grind so much. It is well worth it.

I've used tweakmb to fiddle with a lot of settings but the biggest one to get rid of headaches was to increase the rate of capture for enemy lords you defeat. They seem to have a hard on for attacking my villages repeatedly and competent lords seem to keep defecting to other kingdoms meaning I have to keep fighting them and their no upkeep armies any time a war breaks out. I figure it's fair since you always get captured if defeated.

Related to enemy lords, I also took out the negative rep for the "Surrender or die" interaction. It struck me as silly goosery that the default is for enemies to get offended that you'd want to fight them in a war to prevent them from raiding your fiefs and income sources.

Steam Profile
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've done those as well. I also increased the reputation boost for choosing to let an enemy lord go (although that has led to the odd result of my opponents loving me). I guess the biggest headache for grinding rep is that they don't give you many missions once you become a vassal (though I wouldn't be surprised if that couldn't also be fixed using TweakMB).

But really, the importance of reputation, while annoying, is a secondary complaint compared to the AI's lack of any strategic judgement whatsoever. That means you're on your own, which I guess wouldn't necessarily be so bad if the AI didn't concentrate it's attacks on your holdings.

cckerberos.png
    I've used tweakmb to fiddle with a lot of settings but the biggest one to get rid of headaches was to increase the rate of capture for enemy lords you defeat.

I also like to decrease the chance of escape, especially for being in a town with a dungeon.

so im well into trying to restore a pretender to throne

it would seem that you have to pry all the lords from the former kings cold dead fingers... i have (well one of my vassals) harlaus in prison (34 faction with him) and he has 5 lords running around, i have good faction with 4 of them and the other one is at like 3, this is ridiculous i cant bargin with harlaus when i visit him in prison all i can do is offer to break him out, which really seems kind of silly.

we have 14 lords 7 towns 16 castles 40 villages they have 5 lords no towns castles or villages, they are not a threat but we must track them down.... mumble mumble if i catch them all (like pokemon)

Im hoping for an end of this farce through a couple different ways

two original castles of swardia are in the hands of the sultan (2nd greatest power in game) im thinking ill try taking those back (but im playing a game where i cant save without exiting the game so that would be a prolonged war)

maybe a 3:1 ratio of lords will get me a victory (its close and im hoping)

capturing all current swardia lords and king and imprisoning them ends the war

the lack of a clearly defined description of placing a pretender on the throne makes for too much guesswork and i really way to strike off on my own and as a female char try to marry lady Isullo or matheld after i promote her to vassal (i read you could and i want to give this a go)

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My current plan to get a pretender on the throne is to run around beating lords and then not capturing them as much as I can until they all love me.

I guess.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited July 2011
    be sure not to take all their castles or else they will spend most of their time hiding or worse in a group of 1 which are really hard to catch im running around with 18 people in my party, and i cant find any of the baddies except the 1 i have in jail

EDIT: reading online it can take a few months for them to give up, whhhhaaat... months? I guess i should just finish destroying the map all my named heros are on lvl 4 mounts with pricey armor. i guess marriage will have to wait.

question :: does floris play nice with pop or do i have to restore my native folder to unmodded before trying it? and i still want some lesbian queens ruling... anyone tried to promote a female hero to vassal then marry her?

farbekrieg on
    Floris does not alter anything in your native folder, I believe. It installs into its mod folder.

Floris does not alter anything in your native folder, I believe. It installs into its mod folder.

Yeah, all mods should install into their own folder (except for graphic mods and the like). So you should be able to basically have separate installs of vanilla, Floris, PoP, and any other mods you want.

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I can recommend Native Mod Compilation. It hasn't crashed once for me, and I would definitely recommend it on a first playthough. Plus, all the visual packs that are included in Floris work in NMC.

At this point I am just waiting for that Warhammer mod to be released. I plan on ripping the resources for my personal mod folder and giving the chaos equipment to my own faction. It will be glorious, and most certainly overpowered. Heck, armor that has a value of 60 already makes you a god unless you are charging crossbows. I downloaded Narf's Plate armor pack and I was unstoppable, and this was without making changes to it.

dear god PoP is kicking my ass, sure you level up like a madman but.... but... the first 2 tiers of mercs can be 1 hit, but past militia everyone has a biiiiillion hitpoints (more or less)

I want to say im doing something wrong.... am i doing something wrong? Im up to lvl 18. Without a dedicated surgeon (7+ skill) im losing 25-30% of my mans per battle (up from 1-2% from regular mb warband at the same point)

I did some training, then hit up tourneys to get 60 pts head body and legs and a decent tier 4 horse

Does it get any better as your weapon skill goes up, or do you have to find some crazy weapon drops (i have some silvered masterworks but they arent a significant help against lords/kings/other big baddies) so long as they are mounted double digits in damage is raaaare... seriously 3 2 7 4 2 5 2 11

Im really thinking of recreating as an int based surgeon to hover around the outskirts of the 50 man + battles... or cheating up some 10s for skills

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Just another shot out for BattleTime Mod. Coop Battles 4tw (vanilla only :( )

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster