As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTBgZybSLGg
linky
Game out now!

DLC info:
• A BRAND NEW MAP: The 25th Floor of the Gotham Times building is about to be your playground for destruction! (Just make sure not to fall of the edge.)

• JOIN-IN-PROGRESS: Players can now join a match, even after it has started!

• MATCHMAKING FIXES: Matchmaking has been totally revamped! Those errors you remember? They're a thing of the past. Gone. Finito.

• NEW WEAPONS: The Falcon Blade (a bullet-blocking katana worthy of warfare in Gotham) and the Kingmaker (a quick-draw pistol that can humble even the mightiest of Mighties) are available for you to unlock!

• A NEW SUPPORT ITEM: Toxic Gas! Leave a cloud of nigh-invisible noxious vapors in your wake, that will impair and damage those foolish enough to follow you.

• A MULTITUDE OF NEW COSTUME CHOICES: In addition to the myriad of costume items already available, we're letting you dress up like a luchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!

• NEW FUN FACT: The new Nimble Fingers Fun Fact will let you capture Gasblasters faster, and attach/detach batters quicker. The team's clutch player? Yeah, that's you.

• MUTE EARLY, MUTE OFTEN: Ever wanted to squelch that guy blasting techno in the pre-game lobby? Now you can! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

FOR PC PEOPLE:
Anyone that is having framerate issues on PC:
1.) Launch game from the FOLDER impostors.exe not from steamlauncher.
2.) If one does not solve the problem, alt tab from game and use taskmanager to set Engine.exe priority to HIGH.

Local H Jay on

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Learned about this yesterday. It sounds pretty cool.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just noticed how tiny the huge bat dude's feet are.

Also I think it could be neat, Monolith have made some good FPSs and the crazy look will be a breath of fresh air after being told to go oscar mike in some nameless middle eastern town.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Best known for Condemned? Ugh, what has the world come to?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There really aren't enough games that let you shoot bad cosplayers

Daypigeon on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, I broke the news that this game existed forever ago.

Play follow the source, starting with the escapist.

LewieP on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DO WANT :o

They had me at sluttied up bazooka wielding Batgirl

Edit: I'm getting a class based vibe from that screenie.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Still think this art style is garbage

But the premise has merit

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    from the kotaku hands-on:
    Because the game is multiplayer-only there is no ongoing story, but there is a backstory. The concept, as shown during a cartoon shown during today's presentation, is that Gotham is filled with a lot of disgruntled citizens who have decided to put on a Batman cowl of their own and take out a rising crowd of Joker-themed baddies.

The game, built on a proprietary engine, feels a bit like a Team Fortress game, with fast gameplay and quick matches.

I had a chance to check out the multiplayer deathmatch which put me in the shoes of a Bat armed with an assault rifle, shotgun, pipe bombs and grappling hook.

The game will include a number of classes, as well as body types. Body types, which include speedy, nimble and tough, impact your character's speed, toughness and strength.

Players can also pick through an assortment of weapons to choose their primary and back up guns, a gadget and a support item.

While many of the weapons looked pretty straightforward, there were also some home made weapons like a PVC-and-fireworks rocket launcher nicknamed "The Thunder Dragon" and a grappling gun that used a crank to pull you up to ledges.

Characters' costumes can also be customized, changing everything from the cowl, legs, hands and feet, to the logo and voice options.

While the mode I played was a straightforward team deathmatch, the team demonstrated a mode called "Psych Ward" which had the teams battling for a large car battery. Once captured, the battery, which leaves a trail of yellow ooze in its wake, has to be brought back to your base and attached to a brainwashing device. If you can defend it for 30 seconds you score a point, and turn on the machine which temporarily stuns all of the players on the other team, leaving them only able to slap attack you.

The game will not include any bots and the studio said they are still working on how many players it will support in total. The round I played had a total of eight players in it.
    link
    interesting! you were right about the class based stuff

Local H Jay on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really want to see some gameplay footage.

The whole concept is extremely appealing to me. I think it's an excellent use of a superhero license.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The idea is definitely creative, and does well with the concept of Bat-Vigilantes, but there's just something I can't quite put my finger on. I feel like this will be very bad.

And then I see the Joker-girl again and I think "wellllll... it's worth trying"

BloodySloth on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Glad to see Monolith finally making something fun and jaunty like NOLF rather than a bunch of grimdark blood splattered gritty horror FPS games.

TychoCelchuuu on
    edited May 2011
    So, does it say anywhere if this is an FPS or TPS?

I told my brother to look this game up so he could share my enthusiasm and all I got was "Meh... just gonna be Brink all over again..."

I'm hoping for a TPS of Monday Night Combat's quality.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited May 2011
    i did get a MNC vibe but it's a FPS for sure, from the kotaku hands on.

Local H Jay on
    new trailer added to OP, it is bueno

• DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    Looks awesome. It could fill the gap that Brink was meant to, but failed miserably at.

steam_sig.png
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    Color me intrigued!

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    The end actually had me laughing. I'll give this game a glance!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I am not digging this, sadly

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    Here's a brief gameplay video for all of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZiqLzaJ44

MGRSig2.jpg
  • SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I hope those descriptions are actually classes in the game. I want abilities based on my characters' personality disorders.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Hahaha it looks EXACTLY like Shadowrun :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Hahaha it looks EXACTLY like Shadowrun :D

If it's anything close I'm buying this for sure.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    shadowrun was fun, here's hoping this one is just a smidgen more balanced

• VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    yep, gotta get this.

League of Legends:Varega
    https://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/beta/

• MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    Wow, this looks like it might be good fun. Just as long as I don't have people harassing me to trade hats I might enjoy this.

sig5ez4.jpg
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    shadowrun was fun, here's hoping this one is just a smidgen more balanced
    I hate shadowrun, if only because i was so excited about a new Shadowrun game that i bough ti on release for $60 only to pop the disc in and find out it was a multiplayer only game that should have been downloadable for $15 tops. I was so angry, its actually what caused me to stop buying games on release days unless I was absolutely certain of their experience.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Oh boy, I love Monolith shooters.

I love Batman.

This could be something if it doesn't die from lack of a community in a saturated marketplace.

Signed up for the beta, hope I get in! Never been in a beta before, and this game looks awesome.

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    A little look at some of the customisation available for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yqQN8VmtwY

MGRSig2.jpg
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Just got an email I've been selected for the Beta, so check your emails if you signed up for it. Hasn't started yet, they're sending out the actual game and download info later.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Just got an email confirming a beta spot.

No date in there but details are forthcoming. I hope it lands after the BF3 beta is done so as to provide something to fill more time.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    for reference, what platform did y'all register for? i didn't get an email yet so i probably didn't make it :(

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Now that you mention it.

I have no idea!

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    for reference, what platform did y'all register for? i didn't get an email yet so i probably didn't make it :(

Nuts... I didnt get one either :(

Maybe there's still time

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Got an email today as well. I believe I chose PS3 as the platform when I registered.

• mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    I chose Xbox 360. I got in though! And don't worry guys. There's still time. It also says "this round of testing." So I'm sure you guys will get your chance at some point.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Yeah honestly don't remember what I chose either. PS3 or PC. I'm leaning toward PS3 since I have a lame PC but it's been a while.

• LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    Can I still sign up for the beta? Played it at PAX and had a good time, completely dominated in that match.

XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    Woo! Got an Email. I believe I registered for PC. Look forward to shooting some of you in the face!