As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [chat] a half hour in the making.

matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off'Points to 'on'Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Seriously we need "locked" icons because I had no idea. Then I decided to see if I could make it half an hour without DUE noticing either.

nibXTE7.png
matt has a problem on

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Oh wait there should be a picture.
    ED71Y.jpg

Aww, they made a baby!
    mi-24-20000217-f-8825t-001.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    youuuuuuu

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You are slow. Slow Matt. Very slow.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated in Tehran? Oh boy.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Yeah but DUE is slower, also no ninja edits any more so HA.

nibXTE7.png
    Also [chat]-locking is what @notifications were made for.

nibXTE7.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:

Maybe he accidentally fell on some bullets? It could happen.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Hmm, I'm looking at my comment-ometer, and it seems to have dropped around 3k posts since the forum refresh. Is it auto-pruning?

nibXTE7.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    what happens when internet idiots feel entitled to participate in a debate well, well above their wavelength, and the professionals involved feel obliged to let them speak - behold this trainwreck of comments

doesn't help that Mosler is, apparently, an arrogant prick, which just aggravates the mob

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    Preacher wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Yeah, those masked guys on a bike outside of his home need to watch where they drop those things.

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    I thought it didn't bother me but "a half hour" does actually bother me.

Well that's certainly bizarre.

Echo wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Yeah, those masked guys on a bike outside of his home need to watch where they drop those things.

Well its been cold out so they had the masks on, and were just oh so clumsy. I bet it was al queada, they are always so clumsy with their bullets.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Well its been cold out so they had the masks on, and were just oh so clumsy. I bet it was al queada, they are always so clumsy with their bullets.

Few years ago masked guys on a bike dropped magnetic bombs on the car of another nuclear scientist.

Butterfingers, I tell you.

Daxon wrote:

As opposed to...?

nibXTE7.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    half an hour is an alternative

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Daxon wrote:

As opposed to...?

Half an hour. It's one of those Brit/American divides.

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:

As opposed to...?

The latter half of this past hour.

a half hour is too halting. half an hour is smoother off the tongue

i'm all about the smooth

So a friend of mine (now severely doubting whether I can tolerate his presence) just had a go at Norwegians and called them a bunch of horrible things.

Then finished with "Despite this, they didn't deserve this to happen to them".

So. I am pretty angry.

He says he's autism spectrum but he doesn't have a diagnosis and whether he does or not that was just such an incredibly fucking unacceptable dick move.

edited July 2011
    Eddy wrote:
    a half hour is too halting. half an hour is smoother off the tongue

i'm all about the smooth

Yeah, I think that's what bothers me about it actually.

Daxon on
    Daxon wrote:
    So a friend of mine (now severely doubting whether I can tolerate his presence) just had a go at Norwegians and called them a bunch of horrible things.

Then finished with "Despite this, they didn't deserve this to happen to them".

So. I am pretty angry.

He says he's autism spectrum but he doesn't have a diagnosis and whether he does or not that was just such an incredibly fucking unacceptable dick move.
    Yeah, he's just full of shit.

nibXTE7.png
    oh dem crazy self-diagnosers

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    There were mothercycle based assassinations earlier in the year in Iran too right? I seem to recall as much. And then there's the USB virus that actually disabled hundreds of centrifuges.... Israel seems committed to this.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    OH GOD.

I just realized...the default theme here is just like the GameFAQs forums.

No wonder people hate it so much. Compare:

Penny-Arcade:

pa_forums.png

Gfaqs:

gfaqs_forums.png

Not exactly the same, but it's similar enough.

*RUNS SCREAMING*

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

As opposed to...?

Brits have retarded grammar. Sorry, but you do. No serial comma? FUCK YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE SOCIETY!

Drez: not seeing the similarity at all.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    man I was browsing cars this morning and came across that purple GTO again

I must have it :(

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote:
    There were mothercycle based assassinations earlier in the year in Iran too right? I seem to recall as much. And then there's the USB virus that actually disabled hundreds of centrifuges.... Israel seems committed to this.

Could be the Americans as well. I remember hearing that the virus actually was traced back to the US as well. The list of people who dislike Iran's nuclear program though is very long. And this includes Arab countries like Saudia Arabia.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Hm, so there's no way to un-notify yourself on a thread you created?

nibXTE7.png
    SanderJK wrote:
    There were mothercycle based assassinations earlier in the year in Iran too right? I seem to recall as much. And then there's the USB virus that actually disabled hundreds of centrifuges.... Israel seems committed to this .

Of course out comes the anti semitism, look just because someone died in iran that would benefit isreal directly, doesn't mean that isreal killed them, as I said could have just been clumsyness, or he was involved in child prostitution!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Drez wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

As opposed to...?

Brits have retarded grammar. Sorry, but you do. No serial comma? FUCK YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE SOCIETY!

Would the serial comma be the last common before the "and" in a list?

I tend not to use it, because I think it looks ugly before an "and" but occasionally I do if I think it may be unclear when the list ends or if it is unclear two items are linked or not.

If I'm writing something carefully I try to make it parse as well as possible whichever grammar that requires.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    clearly it's some kind of incredibly specific biker gang initiation

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    @Daxon It's not so much that it shocked me given the circumstances but rather that in lone gunman shootings 90+ people is really high. When you take into account the location, lack of security and the very lenghty police response time and that unlike in most shootings the killer was actually deliberately executing the wounded among some of the other factors? The high number becomes much more understandable.

An initial reaction of "Holy fucking shit? 90+ people!?" is hardly unexpected or unreasonable given the usual results of a lone gunman shooting.

Elendil wrote:
    clearly it's some kind of incredibly specific biker gang initiation

"I have to kill a who? Man I'll never be a nuke biker, this sucks."

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Think Echo's custom skin/the extension I installed for it for the forums is spazzing out Chrome so deactivating it now.

It's not like vanilla mode is unbearable.

Preacher wrote:
    SanderJK wrote:
    There were mothercycle based assassinations earlier in the year in Iran too right? I seem to recall as much. And then there's the USB virus that actually disabled hundreds of centrifuges.... Israel seems committed to this .

Of course out comes the anti semitism, look just because someone died in iran that would benefit isreal directly, doesn't mean that isreal killed them, as I said could have just been clumsyness, or he was involved in child prostitution!
    Ever since the Jews killed Jesus they've been like "Fuck it, we killed Jesus, what's a few more going to matter?"

nibXTE7.png
    Daxon wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

As opposed to...?

Would the serial comma be the last common before the "and" in a list?

I tend not to use it, because I think it looks ugly before an "and" but occasionally I do if I think it may be unclear when the list ends or if it is unclear two items are linked or not.

If I'm writing something carefully I try to make it parse as well as possible whichever grammar that requires.

Yes, that is the serial comma. It is discussed in my glorious grammar thread here on D&D.

Common British grammar is to exclude the serial comma. Common American grammar is to include the serial comma.

Also known as the Oxford Comma.

nibXTE7.png
    Daxon wrote:
    Drez: not seeing the similarity at all.

It's just about the same exact color scheme. Ugly gray/white alternating post backgrounds. Blue/purple title bars? C'mon.

@Daxon It's not so much that it shocked me given the circumstances but rather that in lone gunman shootings 90+ people is really high. When you take into account the location, lack of security and the very lenghty police response time and that unlike in most shootings the killer was actually deliberately executing the wounded among some of the other factors? The high number becomes much more understandable.

An initial reaction of "Holy fucking shit? 90+ people!?" is hardly unexpected or unreasonable given the usual results of a lone gunman shooting.

Oh yeah sure. It is high.

What annoys me is the various posters that have said "no, it is unbelievable. There must have been other people helping him" etc without any hint of evidence to back that up.

This discussion has been closed.